Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

It seems in Germany they are giving free winter tyres to the "1st mover club". In Norway it's a free service pack. These are from facebook comments so it may be individuals and not a standard offer. I'd hope for something in lieu of the incomplete software

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

€34425 Base 1st incl delivery, Hyundai Ioniq over €36K. Kona €42.

I don't think VW are too bad..

Just got a call from VW. No heat pump on 1st cars, includes Granny and charging cable to support higher AC charging.
    To bring in my ICE for trade in price against 1st or plus and will see from there....

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

It seems VW have decided to match Model 3 pricing almost exactly but include a cheaper edition to undercut the SR+.

I guess they're hoping that people will prefer VW design and perceived build quality, focus on a few fancy things (HUD, matrix headlights, USB-C, wireless charging, massage seats, heated wheel) and forget about performance, charging speed, and superchargers.

It's not a bad place to start, if the market will bear it...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

How many chargers around the country can you get that 280km range in 30 minutes?
    I'm waiting on the finance offers per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

Really depends on the trade in you get. if you go for more expensive ones they should give you better trade in. Ill go for Max if they give a decent trade in.

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    and forget about performance

I wouldn't say it doesn't have performance, same bhp as a MK5 GTI with more torque. It's not a slouch. 0-60km it's one of the fastest cars VW make...it's not Tesla fast but it's respectable all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,058 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I wouldn't say it doesn't have performance, same bhp as a MK5 GTI with more torque. It's not a slouch. 0-60km it's one of the fastest cars VW make...it's not Tesla fast but it's respectable all the same.
    I was making a direct comparison with a Model 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

eagerv wrote: »
    €34425 Base 1st incl delivery, Hyundai Ioniq over €36K. Kona €42.

I don't think VW are too bad..

Just got a call from VW. No heat pump on 1st cars, includes Granny and charging cable to support higher AC charging.
    To bring in my ICE for trade in price against 1st or plus and will see from there....

Did they say anything about finance rate?

VW bank was the big selling point for them

Base is good value, sure 62kWh Leaf is more expensive

Lumen wrote: »
    I was making a direct comparison with a Model 3.

It's probably a second or two slower to 100km/h alright, but €15,000 cheaper

How does the 1st editon compare spec wise, SR+ looks pretty bare for a €50,000 machine

Mike3287 wrote: »
    Did they say anything about finance rate?

VW bank was the big selling point for them

Base is good value, sure 62kWh Leaf is more expensive

Didn't ask about finance rates as would be buying straight.

• Advertisement

Didn't ask about finance rates as would be buying straight.

Do you really want to own a current EV in 3yrs, the finance sounds good, little depreciation once you take fuel savings on board. You could take a massive hit without VW guaranteed future value.

Do you really want to own a current EV in 3yrs, the finance sounds good, little depreciation once you take fuel savings on board. You could take a massive hit without VW guaranteed future value.

Haven't really looked into it much yet, depends on many things. Haven't yet used finance and managed well in past. Will check it out..

Haven't really looked into it much yet, depends on many things. Haven't yet used finance and managed well in past. Will check it out..

I'm the same always buy my car but as these are so new I know they'll be out of date in a few years, selling my own car so can pocket the cash and take the cheap pcp offer I think. We'll see what the figures look like.

If it's 0% pcp use your cash for other things

Like Tesla shares :pac:

Don't blame you though, loans are for houses and even I didn't take out for that

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Glossed over the spec, but the basic 1st lacks a few standard equipment for this day and age.
    No power/folding/heated mirrors
    No rear view camera
    No USBs in the back

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭kaahooters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=989zqbj9GMQ

overview from Bob on the whole thing, 30odd mins .

Glossed over the spec, but the basic 1st lacks a few standard equipment for this day and age.
    No power/folding/heated mirrors
    No rear view camera
    No USBs in the back

For 7k extra it's not worth it. The standard has power adjustable and heated mirrors. It has rear parking sensors.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What, guts of €34k for steel wheels!!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

kaahooters wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=989zqbj9GMQ

overview from Bob on the whole thing, 30odd mins .

I watched it didn't learn a huge amount but I did notice the ranges are different from what I got from VW, the standard 1st has the highest range, about 14km more than the Max..

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    What, guts of €34k for steel wheels!!!

Where you getting steel from there alloy across all the 1st....the 18's look good when there moving...

Where you getting steel from there alloy across all the 1st....the 18's look good when there moving...

Better than those awful yokes Tesla put on the €50,000 SR+ anyway

Yes one of the things that make the base 1st appealing to me, quite like the 18" alloys with a bit of rubber..:)

Yes one of the things that make the base 1st appealing to me, quite like the 18" alloys with a bit of rubber..:)

Should be the most comfortable and economical, naming is a bit odd "east Derry" of all places, standard spec is very similar to my golf and that's a high spec.
    What are you thinking on colour....I don't like the manganese grey the dealer had a Passat with it I couldn't warm to it, the green is a no no, leaves the moonstone grey and metallic white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I like the look of the ID3 - Could be the car that moves us to a 2 EV household in time.

It will be interesting to see what the real world range is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

It has 24% larger battery than TM3 SR+ and yet they claim it is profitable. This is surprising.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Hopefully Bjorn get's one quickly enough. Too late for pre-bookers but would be good for people considering the regular ones.

Should be the most comfortable and economical, naming is a bit odd "east Derry" of all places, standard spec is very similar to my golf and that's a high spec.
    What are you thinking on colour....I don't like the manganese grey the dealer had a Passat with it I couldn't warm to it, the green is a no no, leaves the moonstone grey and metallic white.

For me would have to be the metallic white, I think it will show the car up well, especially with the black roof.
    I was never fond of white till we got the Ioniq, which always looks clean even when a little dirty. Doesn't show up swirl marks and much cooler though may not be with the black roof on ID3.

Not a great selection of colours, my second preference would be the metallic grey.

Yea it looks the best, there's the standard with the Derry wheels...you still get the grey pillars on it...

Screenshot-20200617-160744.jpg

• Advertisement

liamog wrote: »
    Hopefully Bjorn get's one quickly enough. Too late for pre-bookers but would be good for people considering the regular ones.

Cant wait to see range test

Don't think it will beat SR+ at 120kmh

Not expecting much better than 250km at that speed

Advertisement