Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

From what I've read leasing seems to be more popular on the continent than here but there's a push on for it, particularly with EVs. Back at the December presentation they spoke about lease plans and PCPs with little or no deposit and a high (50% ? ) GFMV to try to keep the monthly payment accessible. I guess all will be revealed next week.

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

parting with cash.

Could be safer lease an EV, choice and range will have changed considerably in 3 years.
    The leasing deal is tempting they gave an estimate of €409pm with 0 to 10% deposit. Take off the fuel savings and it's not a lot of depreciation over 3 years for a new car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

Could be safer lease an EV, choice and range will have changed considerably in 3 years.
    The leasing deal is tempting they gave an estimate of €409pm with 0 to 10% deposit. Take off the fuel savings and it's not a lot of depreciation over 3 years for a new car.

Any link to that deal?

Thanks

Mike3287 wrote: »
    Any link to that deal?

Thanks

Go to 3.20, the price has dropped 5k since that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Some shots of the ID.3 charging on Ionity.

I presume this model was limited to 50kW which is the default for the ID.3 unless you buy the 100kW upgrade.
    The 1st edition has the 100kW as standard though.

At 50% it went straight to 50kW(411V/125A) and at 77% it was charging at 41kW (and at 441V/95A)

Skip to 33s

• Advertisement

"On Ionity the ID.3 charges for FREE at 50kW , if any want want to charge at 100 kW there is an extra charge ... the test ID.3s on the road use the free mode on Ionity chargers"
    That is cut and pasted from a German Forum.
    That is a 58kwh First edition so it does 100kw charging.
    It is on Wolfsburg plates so that is a test car and Ionity allow them to charge at a throttled 50kw

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Pricing is now available for the basic VW ID charger.

https://charging-energy.elli.eco/ie-en/IDcharger

€413.99 including delivery or
    €1,155 including installation

Prices are before the €600 grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭KCross

liamog wrote: »

It seems the basic has the same functions and pricing as a basic Rolec does. No metering, balancing, load limiting, app support.

If you buy the more expensive models you get app support and metering but you are up to Zappi money then and they still dont have load balancing, load limiting or Solar integration.

I think the basic model is the one to go for if you want the VW look and feel. The others are priced too high for not alot more capability. Certainly prettier than the Rolec's though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

10. Can the ID.Charger be operated together with a photovoltaic system? Parallel operation of the photovoltaic system and ID.Charger is possible with all versions. With the networked variants Connect and Pro, an intelligent control of the solar power is planned in connection with ID.3 – they charge when the solar power is generated. When this function will be available and whether it can also be offered via software updates for ID.Charger already in operation is currently still open.

Sounds like they intend to offer solar integration with a future update. It's an extra €200 to purchase. Not sure it's worth the wait though.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,061 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Sounds a bit vague too. What you would need in a PV linked smart charger is the ability to charge the car with excess PV production only

Zappi can do that

This feature has become a lot more relevant for many EV owners now their EVs are indeed parked at home during the most solar productive hours and will likely do so in future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Donall.ID.3

I cant post the link, but auto express have an on the road review of the car.

Summary from Auto Express:

A well-balanced chassis setup, impressive range and a reasonable price wrapped up in a great looking package. Viewed from this point of view, the ID.3 truly delivers on its promise to become the Golf of the electric age. However, it’s not a perfect debut for the upcoming ID line-up. Cheap interior materials, missing functions from launch and the continued absence of the cheaper 45kWh version mean that the ID.3 has some areas to address in order to deliver its promises in full.

Looks like the main gap will be enabling OTA and the fancy distance display on the headsup
    a software update for two outstanding digital functions at the beginning of next year. At market launch in September, the App Connect function and the distance feature in the head-up display will not yet have been activated.

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/press-releases/id3-1st-deliveries-begin-in-early-september-6122

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

Looks like the main gap will be enabling OTA and the fancy distance display on the headsup

As far as I can make out, the heads-up display is available only on the top spec version of the 1st (Max), which I understand won't be available in Ireland anyway.

So the only initial reduction on functionality will be OTA capability, which won't be any big loss either because the first natural update would probably occur only about the time of the general release of the car in any case.

pdpmur wrote: »
    As far as I can make out, the heads-up display is available only on the top spec version of the 1st (Max), which I understand won't be available in Ireland anyway.

The ID.3 1st Max is available in Ireland, it's the UK where it's not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MagicBusDriver1

KCross wrote: »
    It seems the basic has the same functions and pricing as a basic Rolec does. No metering, balancing, load limiting, app support.

If you buy the more expensive models you get app support and metering but you are up to Zappi money then and they still dont have load balancing, load limiting or Solar integration.

I think the basic model is the one to go for if you want the VW look and feel. The others are priced too high for not alot more capability. Certainly prettier than the Rolec's though.

I think load limiting is available, see https://charging-energy.elli.eco/ie-en/IDcharger#product_comparison. Additional hardware is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

The missing App Connect isn't clear. Initially I thought it was the phone app to manage the cars (heating, charging etc) but I've read elsewhere that it's what Volkswagen call Apple CarPlay/Android Auto

Here's another review, very similar to Autoexpress. I wonder if they're based off the same source

https://www.drivingelectric.com/volkswagen/id3

If it's similar to the current set up "we connect app" it's VW's app within the main interface, wouldn't stop you using Android auto, Spotify or any of that. I don't use it all there's no need, you can route plan, poi's, map, etc inside in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭jonnythefox

I could be misremembering but from what I recall from the event in Weston Airport last year I was under the impression the charger installation and grant application etc. was going to be included with the purchase of the car. Is this correct ? Or do we need to arrange the purchase of the charger ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Charger purchase is separate.

Can you open the sunroof or is it fixed like the Tesla?

• Advertisement

That looks like a fixed glass roof to me.

IN0056_panoramic-sunroof_16-9?Zml0PWNyb3AsMSZmbXQ9d2VicCZxbHQ9Nzkmd2lkPTE3MDcmaGVpPTEyODAmYWxpZ249MC4wMCwwLjAwJjBiNGY=

It’s fixed but it’s massive

It’s fixed but it’s massive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭rx8

That looks like a fixed glass roof to me.

IN0056_panoramic-sunroof_16-9?Zml0PWNyb3AsMSZmbXQ9d2VicCZxbHQ9Nzkmd2lkPTE3MDcmaGVpPTEyODAmYWxpZ249MC4wMCwwLjAwJjBiNGY=

There's also a built-in electric roller blind if you want to block out the sunlight.

Any Pre-bookers on here had any contact from their dealers yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

rx8 wrote: »
    There's also a built-in electric roller blind if you want to block out the sunlight.

Any Pre-bookers on here had any contact from their dealers yet??

that will be tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭rx8

kris_2021 wrote: »
    that will be tomorrow.

From the VW email "Your preferred Volkswagen retailer should be in touch with you nearer the ordering date".

So I expected something beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

rx8 wrote: »
    From the VW email "Your preferred Volkswagen retailer should be in touch with you nearer the ordering date".

So I expected something beforehand.

i had a call to make appointment for tomorrow. they cannot reveal any details until tomorrow.

When is the pricing out for the non 1st? I think you can order them from July, would be nice to know the cost difference between the two before fully commiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jack lemmon

No, though they did ring trying to flog me a mk8🀔
    Depending on the pricing/deal with the ID3, I may go with a mk8.

• Advertisement

Portugal base pricing without vat or incentives, not sure how that'll translate here, anyone work it out?

1st. €30,900
    1st Plus. €35,600
    1st Max. €40,300

Advertisement