Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Id3 is great fun to drive, its a pity they did not fit the wipers for a right hand drive, you can clearly see the difference from the passenger seat.

Deal done id.3 Tour 5 Stonewash Blue on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭eagerv

Deal done id.3 Tour 5 Stonewash Blue on the way.

Great Mad_Lad, well done. Hope you are as happy as we are with the 58kWh.
    Must have an ID.3 meet up when we are able.. How long is the wait?

eagerv wrote: »
    Great Mad_Lad, well done. Hope you are as happy as we are with the 58kWh.
    Must have an ID.3 meet up when we are able.. How long is the wait?

Thanks, :D

Yeah a id.3 rally might be in order. :pac:

Wait is around 8 weeks. Give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,008 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Thanks, :D

Yeah a id.3 rally might be in order. :pac:

Wait is around 8 weeks. Give or take.

I hope ID.4s will be invited too :)

We can go to Portlaoise Plaza and argue over the 1 HPC there :rolleyes:

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

Of course all you wealthy snobs are invited..:D

Of course all you wealthy snobs are invited..:D

More like slaves to debt :(

Sure, we can make it the ID Rally. :D

More like slaves to debt :(

Sure you only die once! :D

Sure, we can make it the ID Rally. :D

The Ireland EV Cannonball run:

Belfast to Cork by any route
    Use only ESB chargers
    Use of ABRP is banned
    Bonus points if you can use the Waterford DC charger and annoy the shop owner :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭cannco253

Quick question for new ID.3 owners, do you get any discount at Ionity from VW? Just wondering if the dealers or VW Ireland are promising anything or was it only for the first movers?

I'm on the ID.4 thread and am having a long discussion with VW Ireland about this.

The Ireland EV Cannonball run:

Belfast to Cork by any route
    Use only ESB chargers
    Use of ABRP is banned
    Bonus points if you can use the Waterford DC charger and annoy the shop owner :)

I got a better idea, Cork to Letterkenny :D

The id.3/4 should be able to do that at 90-100 Km/hr 430 kms speed vs time charging and all that. Though Google maps suggests over 5 hrs so you'd want to stop anyway and Ballindine looks to be a suitable location for charging along that route 1 20-30 min stop over 430 odd kms seems reasonable.

What's ABRP ?

I forgot to ask the dealer about the charge point, what's the story these days, do you get a free one and what type, would it be 32 amp ?

I forgot to ask the dealer about the charge point, what's the story these days, do you get a free one and what type, would it be 32 amp ?

I doubt there is a free one with the series models. It was one of 3 choices for Ist movers. Worth checking anyway..

I doubt there is a free one with the series models. It was one of 3 choices for Ist movers. Worth checking anyway..

What about ESB charge points ? are they not installed any more as part of new EV purchase ?

What about ESB charge points ? are they not installed any more as part of new EV purchase ?

No. Not as far as I am aware anyway..

Do you not already have a home charge point from your i3?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

What's ABRP ?

A better route planner. (App)

It's quite good tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

No free charger from vw, esb are doing a deal on installation on the eo mini charger. And vw are not giving you any free leccy charging, that was for the first movers.

Also ensure they throw in (If not included) the appropriate 3 phase AC cable and Granny charger..

No. Not as far as I am aware anyway..

Do you not already have a home charge point from your i3?

I do but the socket is getting knackered, it's been used a hell of a lot since 2015, my 3 phase lead works fine in it but the supplied single phase doesn't, very strange. Guess I'll have to buy a new one.

Does the id.3 come with a 3 phase lead ?

• Advertisement

I do but the socket is getting knackered, it's been used a hell of a lot since 2015, my 3 phase lead works fine in it but the supplied single phase doesn't, very strange. Guess I'll have to buy a new one.

I would hope so, the 1st did. (Though only 16A which is fine for 11kW on town chargers) I think i recall Silent Running mention his came with a 32A 3 phase cable

I would hope so, the 1st did. (Though only 16A which is fine for 11kW on town chargers) I think i recall Silent Running mention his came with a 32A 3 phase cable

32 amp 3 phase lol well better than nothing. :D

I had to buy my own when I got the i3 but it prooved it's worth big time.

32 amp 3 phase lol well better than nothing. :D

I had to buy my own when I got the i3 but it prooved it's worth big time.

The 32A 3 phase is a handy cable, covers you for all untethered charge points. If we go to an untethered 32A single phase charge point we will throw in the cable from our Ioniq..

The 32A 3 phase is a handy cable, covers you for all untethered charge points. If we go to an untethered 32A single phase charge point we will throw in the cable from our Ioniq..

Yes it's handy, I only got the 16 amp which if fine on 3 phase but limits me to 16 amp on single phase.

I think the next charge point will be tethered.

Yes it's handy, I only got the 16 amp which if fine on 3 phase but limits me to 16 amp on single phase.

I think the next charge point will be tethered.

Yes, much more convenient IMO.

Your about 3 years out of date there ;)

EI will install one for a fee

Sounds like you got a 3 phase charger but the electrician connected to the wrong live input. It should be on L1 to match a single phase cable

In any case, no freebies from VW I'm afraid. I haven't used their chargers but I've heard no complaints.

I've an EO Mini untethered and will be adding a tethered Zappi at some stage for dual charging (Leaf and ID.4).

The EO has had 1 failed charge in 3 years and in general the Zappi looked pretty good, although I haven't had a chance to test it yet. I'd say they're both pretty solid options

Sounds like you got a 3 phase charger but the electrician connected to the wrong live input. It should be on L1 to match a single phase cable

In any case, no freebies from VW I'm afraid. I haven't used their chargers but I've heard no complaints.

I've an EO Mini untethered and will be adding a tethered Zappi at some stage for dual charging (Leaf and ID.4).

The EO has had 1 failed charge in 3 years and in general the Zappi looked pretty good, although I haven't had a chance to test it yet. I'd say they're both pretty solid options

No It's a single phase charger, it used to work with the Leaf and the supplied i3 cable but not any more but I remember there was a recall on those charge points in the beginning something to do with the locking mechanism so it's probably down to that.

I might look at the zappi if it will work with solar PV, I might get solar pv if the feed in tariff they're supposed to offer in July is decent and guaranteed for life because without FIT solar pv is not very useful to me, it's a lot of money to have to "dump" energy and there's only so much hot water we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Confirmed.

It's a good bit heavier than the cables that previous cars had. I have a tethered Zappi which allows me to charge the car on a timer while VW sort out their in-car timers.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know with the Zappi chargers if you can only make it power the car from energy from solar array rather than it pull energy from the grid when solar output is low ?

Advertisement