Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Patmwgs wrote: »
    That is the base model, life pro.

Our ID.3 Max (non 1st) has the Pro sign on the side too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Thanks, :D hopefully by the time I get it a lot of issues will be fixed.

Just popped into this thread and find you've changed car??

And yet again I might follow in your footsteps, from Leaf to i3 to ID3.

Close to pulling the trigger on an e-Niro, but the cheap PCP finance on the ID3 is attractive.

Question for everyone - what are the different specs on the car? VW site is a pain in the hole. Life, Pro, Tour, 58kWh, 77kWh...

What's the differences?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

eko wrote: »

I did not know it was on the max also, strange.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Just popped into this thread and find you've changed car??

And yet again I might follow in your footsteps, from Leaf to i3 to ID3.

Close to pulling the trigger on an e-Niro, but the cheap PCP finance on the ID3 is attractive.

Question for everyone - what are the different specs on the car? VW site is a pain in the hole. Life, Pro, Tour, 58kWh, 77kWh...

What's the differences?

Yeah decided to go for the id.3, indeed, the cheap interest is very attractive.

There's too much to type out regarding the specs but I think they make it clear enough the differences in spec which they highlight, look here if you haven't already.

Look here and product and pricing guide is what you're looking for.

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/new-cars/all-new-id3.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I did not know it was on the max also, strange.

Pro refers to the battery size

Pure = 45kWh
    Pro = 58kWh
    Pro S = 77kWh

All the current ID.3 trims available are the Pro or Pro S

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yeah decided to go for the id.3, indeed, the cheap interest is very attractive.

There's too much to type out regarding the specs but I think they make it clear enough the differences in spec which they highlight, look here if you haven't already.

Look here and product and pricing guide is what you're looking for.

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/new-cars/all-new-id3.html

Welcome DrPhilG, as Mad_Lad says download the Product and pricing Guide. The Build And prices doesn't seem to be working correctly atm.

There are basically two batteries 58 and 77kWh (A smaller one will be available but probably not of interest to you)

Try and get one for a good test drive..

eagerv wrote: »
    There are basically two batteries 58 and 77kWh (A smaller one will be available but probably not of interest to you)

I dunno. I would normally go with the "size matters" plan, but given that I was (and still could be) about to pull the trigger on a 64kWh e-Niro, then 58kWh isn't that much smaller.

Or do VW pull the Nissan trick and quote total battery rather than usable?

How does the ID3 perform efficiency wise?

Try and get one for a good test drive..

I have to go to town on Friday afternoon, I might push my luck and see if they can give me a test drive for a day or so. Or are test drives possible at the minute, given the lockdown level?

I dunno. I would normally go with the "size matters" plan, but given that I was (and still could be) about to pull the trigger on a 64kWh e-Niro, then 58kWh isn't that much smaller.

Or do VW pull the Nissan trick and quote total battery rather than usable?

How does the ID3 perform efficiency wise?

I have to go to town on Friday afternoon, I might push my luck and see if they can give me a test drive for a day or so. Or are test drives possible at the minute, given the lockdown level?

I think the battery is about 62kWh gross, but don't quote me on that.:)
    As any car, efficiency depends on how its driven, i'm getting about 300km in cold weather and about 400 in warm. But very little motorways. Mainly 80 and 100km/h roads. The winter can be poor because of the strong battery heating for first 15 mins or so on a trip. VW may change this in a later update.

I'm sure test drives are available atm, perhaps not officially. Best of luck whichever car you decide upon. They all have their plusses and negatives..

I want the HUD, and the Area View parking cameras (my wife still hasn't got over losing that in the Leaf).

Heat pump is a €1400 extra I believe? Probably not worth it, especially in the 77kWh version.

I didn't see a leather interior in that spec sheet?

I want the HUD, and the Area View parking cameras (my wife still hasn't got over losing that in the Leaf).

Heat pump is a €1400 extra I believe? Probably not worth it, especially in the 77kWh version.

I didn't see a leather interior in that spec sheet?

For me a heat pump isn't worth it. Depends if you need the max range possible in colder months. Not sure if any have the 360 view cameras.

VW are animal friendly..:pac:

• Advertisement

Not sure if any have the 360 view cameras.
    Spoke to a local dealer the other day who said they did. Same dealer also said it only came in a 77kWh battery too mind you...
    VW are animal friendly..:pac:
    I like eating them and sitting on them.

Is the PCP calculator broken? It is calculating based on the full RRP, without the SEAI grant applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Is the PCP calculator broken? It is calculating based on the full RRP, without the SEAI grant applied.

Yes I think it’s fubar. They’ve been tooling around with the calculator and configuration pages for some time without sorting them out properly.

Irishjg wrote: »
    Yes I think it’s fubar. They’ve been tooling around with the calculator and configuration pages for some time without sorting them out properly.

The 58kw is on par, if not better range than the 62kw leaf. According to range testing videos on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

charlieIRL wrote: »
    whats the "Pro" version of the ID3?

Has a small badge on the side of the car on the wing where 1st is on the 1st ones?
    That is the base model, life pro.

eko wrote: »
    Pro refers to the battery size

Pure = 45kWh
    Pro = 58kWh
    Pro S = 77kWh

All the current ID.3 trims available are the Pro or Pro S

Yep my ID3 Family spec has Pro badge.
    All bar the 1st are Pro here right now.
    As raisin says they are Pure/Pro/Pro S once the others arrive.

The 58kw is on par, if not better range than the 62kw leaf. According to range testing videos on youtube.

According to Bjorns spreadsheet, the leaf has a slight edge on the id.3 58 Kwh probably due to the heat pump which proves that the HP isn't really worth it, from what I've seen the HP only adds 20-30 kms to the range, not really worth it in a 400 + km range car, or up to 400 Kms. I certainly wouldn't pay it on the id.3 77 kwh especially if I'm getting rid of it in 3 years, paying 1400 Euro's for someone else to benefit, it's not really the same as the debate I had here back in the early days of the leaf with the 3.3 VS 6.6 Kw charger, that really benefited me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

lafors wrote: »
    Yep my ID3 Family spec has Pro badge.
    All bar the 1st are Pro here right now.
    As raisin says they are Pure/Pro/Pro S once the others arrive.

*nitpick* Mine is Pro S. (77kWh Tour)

If anyone is interested, my weeks driving (Yes a quiet one). About 200km rural slow narrow B roads at about 60-80km/h.Remainder town driving and short commutes. From 100%, 283km driven, GOM still says 141km.

OK weather was ideal, little winds and no heating/AC needed. Except for today where over my 45km had temps around 7C in hail showers.
    Looks like about 56kWh is available to use, from a few recent tests. In this warmer weather efficiency seems good, close enough to our Ioniq. Not so close though in the coldest few months..

9BeoSAJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

If anyone is interested, my weeks driving (Yes a quiet one). About 200km rural slow narrow B roads at about 60-80km/h.Remainder town driving and short commutes. From 100%, 283km driven, GOM still says 141km.

OK weather was ideal, little winds and no heating/AC needed. Except for today where over my 45km had temps around 7C in hail showers.
    Looks like about 56kWh is available to use, from a few recent tests. In this warmer weather efficiency seems good, close enough to our Ioniq. Not so close though in the coldest few months..

9BeoSAJ.jpg

lol the red makes that 1 for I guess the message about internet radio look postitvely scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,116 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

*nitpick* Mine is Pro S. (77kWh Tour)

I was meaning to ask, does yours have a Pro S badge on the side?

Also, have you managed to get it back from the dealership yet?

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

9BeoSAJ.jpg

13.2 kwh per 100km is a good figure, is the red screen in sports mode?

13.2 kwh per 100km is a good figure, is the red screen in sports mode?

No, the modes don't change the colour. Just my preference colour at times..

No, the modes don't change the colour. Just my preference colour at times..

On mine the life model, when i tried sports mode everthing changed to red. I now need to figure out how to do it without swmbo finding out. Not that it makes much of a noticeable difference, apart from steering a little different.

On mine the life model, when i tried sports mode everthing changed to red. I now need to figure out how to do it without swmbo finding out. Not that it makes much of a noticeable difference, apart from steering a little different.

That's interesting:). Mines a 1st and don't think the colour changes between modes. I like red when cool and blue when hotter. I leave mine in comfort most of the time, sometimes flicking to sport by two quick presses on the mode button. The power seems to be the same, just quicker throttle response. But don't like the stronger regen in sport, preferring the freewheeling and smart regen in comfort.

That's interesting:). Mines a 1st and don't think the colour changes between modes. I like red when cool and blue when hotter. I leave mine in comfort most of the time, sometimes flicking to sport by two quick presses on the mode button. The power seems to be the same, just quicker throttle response. But don't like the stronger regen in sport, preferring the freewheeling and smart regen in comfort.

I am in the sticks and trying to source a doughnut spare wheel. Uk supplier only yet but expensive. The mrs got stuck before on a backroad far from home in a different car, was stuck for a few hours on her own.

I was meaning to ask, does yours have a Pro S badge on the side?

Also, have you managed to get it back from the dealership yet?

Yes to the badge.

Still in ongoing discussions with the dealer. It looks like I'm going to have to go through another attempt to install 2.1 to get rid of the software bugs... hopefully.

The hardware problems will be dealt with while it's in for the software. The hardware problems are a creaking dash and a whining heater fan.

I never had any build quality issues with my Korean cars. :D

Just shows how close VW are following Tesla. :P

Yes to the badge.

Still in ongoing discussions with the dealer. It looks like I'm going to have to go through another attempt to install 2.1 to get rid of the software bugs... hopefully.

The hardware problems will be dealt with while it's in for the software. The hardware problems are a creaking dash and a whining heater fan.

I have a creaky dash on bad roads, you might let us know the fix on yours. Hope you get it sorted.

I have a creaky dash on bad roads, you might let us know the fix on yours. Hope you get it sorted.

It started out just on bad roads, then got worse over time. Now it creaks on smooth roads with the flexing of the car. A rolled up microfibre cloth stuffed between the top of the ID light and the glass stops it.

Yes to the badge.

Noticed a creaking on the loaner Plus I had, thankfully my own is silent running..:P

• Advertisement

It started out just on bad roads, then got worse over time. Now it creaks on smooth roads with the flexing of the car. A rolled up microfibre cloth stuffed between the top of the ID light and the glass stops it.

Sound i will get the silicone out.

Advertisement