Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

Yes to the badge.

Still in ongoing discussions with the dealer. It looks like I'm going to have to go through another attempt to install 2.1 to get rid of the software bugs... hopefully.

The hardware problems will be dealt with while it's in for the software. The hardware problems are a creaking dash and a whining heater fan.

I never had any build quality issues with my Korean cars. :D

Just shows how close VW are following Tesla. :P

Is the whining fan with a/c on or off? I did read of a few noisy compressors.
    On my last Honda the rattles around the dash drove me mad. Couldn't find, though through the UK forum discovered it was common and coming from the A pillars and transmitting the sound across the dash. An easy fix in the end, didn't bother bringing in to Honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've actually a small rattle coming from the rear of my car on bumpy roads but I can't track down where exactly it's coming from. I had thought it was the boot latch at first but I'm not sure anymore.

I even took out the parcel shelf and had the wife drive the car while I sat in the boot to try find it :pac:

I'll be booking in for 2.1 the end of May when I'm off for a few days so I'll have VW have a look then. It's not bad but long term it'll definitely annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

eagerv wrote: »
    Is the whining fan with a/c on or off? I did read of a few noisy compressors.
    On my last Honda the rattles around the dash drove me mad. Couldn't find, though through the UK forum discovered it was common and coming from the A pillars and transmitting the sound across the dash. An easy fix in the end, didn't bother bringing in to Honda.

It's the HVAC fan. It's quiet when it starts and after a while it starts to whine, even when there's no heat or cooling on, just fresh air. As soon as you hit the stop button the noise stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,262 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Lads you're killing the ID3 for me if it's got loads of creaks and rattles.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

DrPhilG wrote: »

You wont hear any of them when the mrs is riding pillion

• Advertisement

If you say the road I lived down you'd be surprised the wheels haven't fallen off.

Patmwgs wrote: »
    You wont hear any of them when the mrs is riding pillion

Nah, I checked. That's not where this particular whine is coming from. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Nah, I checked. That's not where this particular whine is coming from. :D:D

At least vw should be able to sort out the car rattles, the other screech maybe duct tape, or the promise of new clothes or shoes.

Patmwgs wrote: »
    At least vw should be able to sort out the car rattles, the other screech maybe duct tape, or the promise of new clothes or shoes.

I think some of the noise will go away as the shops open back up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I've actually a small rattle coming from the rear of my car on bumpy roads but I can't track down where exactly it's coming from. I had thought it was the boot latch at first but I'm not sure anymore.

I even took out the parcel shelf and had the wife drive the car while I sat in the boot to try find it :pac:

I have a rattle from the rear too, but it is rather odd; only occurs at the start of a journey in cold weather, and only when I reach the roundabout at the end of our estate and when I drive around it the rattle starts! It then continues for that stretch of road and then goes away abruptly. Almost as if there was a loose screw somewhere that comes out when I take the roundabout and then goes back into place after a while! :confused:

• Advertisement

Don't worry, it's generally a well screwed together car:)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭iamfromcork

Hello. I'm having issues with the car not going into drive etc and drive system error keep coming up. The last time it wouldn't start again for 50 minutes. I said it to the dealer and i brought it in for the software update and it failed the first attempt. They had to wait for a code from Germany. Then when that was finally fixed ,the issue I had first mentioned happened and it wouldn't go into reverse. They said yesterday they changed a few controllers etc and would do a test drive. It failed the test drive and they now have to send the errors to Germany again. It's been 16 days since I dropped off my car and they gave me a bloody 1 litre to drive. Anyone else have these issues. I also think I won't be seeing the car for another 2 weeks by the looks of things

Hello. I'm having issues with the car not going into drive etc and drive system error keep coming up. The last time it wouldn't start again for 50 minutes. I said it to the dealer and i brought it in for the software update and it failed the first attempt. They had to wait for a code from Germany. Then when that was finally fixed ,the issue I had first mentioned happened and it wouldn't go into reverse. They said yesterday they changed a few controllers etc and would do a test drive. It failed the test drive and they now have to send the errors to Germany again. It's been 16 days since I dropped off my car and they gave me a bloody 1 litre to drive. Anyone else have these issues. I also think I won't be seeing the car for another 2 weeks by the looks of things

I wouldn't be happy with the 1L anyway. Tell them your cancelling your payments until you have the car back or you want to be refunded for the time you are without your ID3.

Just something I wondered when driving home this evening.

Was playing with the ambient lighting. Did the base 1st always allow you to change the brightness and colours individually on the levels?
    Very handy, I don't like the footwells too bright when driving.
    Was under the impression when I last checked the ambient lighting, pre update, that this wasn't possible..

Was playing with the ambient lighting. Did the base 1st always allow you to change the brightness and colours individually on the levels?
    Was under the impression when I last checked the ambient lighting, pre update, that this wasn't possible..

Yea definitely could because I turned the foot well lights well down when I got home after buying.

When I swap drive modes on my car the internal colours change as well. It's red in Sport, Blue in Eco and White in Comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

It used to be 2 levels with 10 colours. I’m sure you could change the brightness before the update.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Yea definitely could because I turned the foot well lights well down when I got home after buying.

When I swap drive modes on my car the internal colours change as well. It's red in Sport, Blue in Eco and White in Comfort.

Cheers, funny the way one finds new features, thought I knew them all at this stage.:).

Mine definitely doesn't change colours between drive modes. Not too worried..

It used to be 2 levels with 10 colours. I’m sure you could change the brightness before the update.

Never noticed the 3 separate brightnesses for the 3 levels before..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭adam88

Can someone quickly summarise the differences between the 1dt edition and 1st plus ???

adam88 wrote: »
    Can someone quickly summarise the differences between the 1dt edition and 1st plus ???

Just from the top of my head, the 1st Plus has the following over the 1st:

Matrix Lights.
    Different Seat and door insert material.
    More ambient light colours.
    Full keyless.
    Slide over centre storage console.
    Auto folding mirrors.
    Rear tint.
    Auto dimming mirror.
    Rear central armrest.
    Larger 19" wheels with different alloys.
    Silver trim on A pillars and above doors.
    Centre console illumination.

May have missed something....

Edit, thought of a few more..

Puddle lights.
    Illuminated door handles.
    Reversing camera.
    Different rear LED lights (Changeable)
    Light between headlights.

• Advertisement

Just from the top of my head, the 1st Plus has the following over the 1st:

Matrix Lights.
    Different Seat and door insert material.
    More ambient light colours.
    Full keyless.
    Slide over centre storage console.
    Auto folding mirrors.
    Rear tint.
    Auto dimming mirror.
    Rear central armrest.
    Larger 19" wheels with different alloys.
    Silver trim on A pillars and above doors.
    Centre console illumination.

May have missed something....

Edit, thought of a few more..

Puddle lights.
    Illuminated door handles.
    Reversing camera.
    Different rear LED lights (Changeable)
    Light between headlights.

Cheers. There seems to be a few demo second hand models for sale at an okay price. Is there much more again in the max??? Adaptive cruise control would be very useful

Cheers. There seems to be a few demo second hand models for sale at an okay price. Is there much more again in the max??? Adaptive cruise control would be very useful

There were electric seats with massage, pano roof, 20 inch wheels, travel assist, extra 2 speakers in the back doors, false floor in the boot and maybe more in the max, but it was 7k more than plus and 14k more than 1st. And all ID.3 have predictive acc.

Adaptive cruise is on them all..

The Max has above Plus:
    Glass roof with electric blind.
    20" Wheels and different alloys.
    Better seats with massage function. (Electric)
    Full virtual reality head up display.
    Fancy lane follow system. (Only lane keep on lesser models.)

I'm sure I have omitted something, but that's the main jist of it.

Adaptive cruise is on them all..

The Max has above Plus:
    Glass roof with electric blind.
    20" Wheels and different alloys.
    Better seats with massage function. (Electric)
    Full virtual reality head up display.
    Fancy lane follow system. (Only lane keep on lesser models.)

I'm sure I have omitted something, but that's the main jist of it.

I forgot about the HUD:)

I'm sure my garage will be selling on their demonstrator, but I personally wouldn't touch it unless the price was exceptional.
    Has been probably driven by hundreds and was well hacked. Numerous scrapes and scratches and plenty of kerbing of the wheels. Even the drivers seat looked worn..

Ya. Forgot about all the wear and tear they’d get. Don’t think the max was worth the premium over the basic first

If you're thinking about the Max then really do think about the Tour 5, it's cheaper than the max 58 Kwh and to be honest you get a decent amount of kit in the tour 5 + it's longer range, faster charging and 5 seats.

I'm happy enough to have the matrix lights, Apple Car Play and the travel assist especially, can't wait to try that out.

A decent stereo would have been good but I will upgrade the speakers myself.

Lol, I'm only learning now that the id.3 doesn't have rear door speakers as standard ?wtf this is 2021, 1st doesn't have them only 1st max,

LOL so my 42 K tour 5 won't have rear speakers ? no way, that's funny. I remember the specs saying "2 additional speakers" I think in the tech + trims, you couldn't make it up, back to the 00's lol.

Tell me I'm wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rocketspocket

If you're thinking about the Max then really do think about the Tour 5, it's cheaper than the max 58 Kwh and to be honest you get a decent amount of kit in the tour 5 + it's longer range, faster charging and 5 seats.

I'm happy enough to have the matrix lights, Apple Car Play and the travel assist especially, can't wait to try that out.

A decent stereo would have been good but I will upgrade the speakers myself.

noticed they are custom shaped so not sure if they are easy to pop out one on the dashboard anyway..

• Advertisement

noticed they are custom shaped so not sure if they are easy to pop out one on the dashboard anyway..

I'll get them out alright but I'm now learning that the cars that don't have rear speakers, including my tour 5 don't even have wiring for them.

Wow, that's serious penny pinching considering the cost of the cars that's not even funny.

You really can't make it up, the tour 4 has the rear speakers but the tour 5 doesn't, 42 K for a car you could say and they don't even put in 2 rear speakers which might save them 10 euro's!!!!

Advertisement