Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Does anyone know with the Zappi chargers if you can only make it power the car from energy from solar array rather than it pull energy from the grid when solar output is low ?

In theory yes but there's an issue with the ID.3 when using only solar energy. Basically if the Zappi drops the power to the car within the first 10mins or something the car will go into a deep sleep mode and won't wake up to charge

You can still use the Zappi to charge using solar PV but you just can't use the strictest setting and it might pull a small amount of power from the grid

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

Thought this test by Kris Rifa was interesting for those with the 77kWh. Temperature similar to our cooler weather (But not cold enough to require battery heating) Similar to the efficiency I would get from my 58kWh for non motorway driving in cooler months.

Battery Life got 351 Kms at decent speeds, 9% left, 16 Deg C.

I think I can live with that. :D

Battery Life got 351 Kms at decent speeds, 9% left, 16 Deg C.

I think I can live with that. :D

Depends on your routes, not much faster roads on many of my trips. Even from say Wexford to Kinsale if you average over 80 km/h you are probably exceeding the speed limit where you can:)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

Congrats Mad_Lad - made same switch as me from i3 to ID.3. Did you p/x the i3?

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

• Advertisement

Congrats Mad_Lad - made same switch as me from i3 to ID.3. Did you p/x the i3?

Well congrats to you too then :D

Yes PX will give me around 2 K for my i3 towards deposit but they're not really because I'll have paid off more of the car come July so I'm practically giving it to them like I gave the Leaf to Frank Keane, oh wait, no, I had to pay to get rid of that lol, wasn't fully finished the PCP and they just wanted it off their property as fast as possible the snobs. I have 114,300 Kms on my i3 now though. Probably around 120K when I finally hand it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭alfa_aficionado

As someone earlier said I would have chosen the Stonewash Blue colour as well if I was buying now. Looks great in the flesh.

9.1kWp (5.6E/3.5W)

You never get what you want for trade in especially when they know you got outstanding finance, for some reason Irish People won't touch a car if it's got outstanding finance when it's really simple, you just pay off their loan, get letter from them stating that the car is yours once the payment is made and get a letter from the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Well congrats to you too then :D

Yes PX will give me around 2 K for my i3 towards deposit but they're not really because I'll have paid off more of the car come July so I'm practically giving it to them like I gave the Leaf to Frank Keane, oh wait, no, I had to pay to get rid of that lol, wasn't fully finished the PCP and they just wanted it off their property as fast as possible the snobs. I have 114,300 Kms on my i3 now though. Probably around 120K when I finally hand it over.

So what you're saying is that you might as well rally the sh!t out of the i3 in the meantime :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

So what you're saying is that you might as well rally the sh!t out of the i3 in the meantime :)

Oh Yeah! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

whats the "Pro" version of the ID3?

Has a small badge on the side of the car on the wing where 1st is on the 1st ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

charlieIRL wrote: »
    whats the "Pro" version of the ID3?

Has a small badge on the side of the car on the wing where 1st is on the 1st ones?

That is the base model, life pro.

Patmwgs wrote: »
    That is the base model, life pro.

Cheers, it that the one with less power? 145hp or that?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,961 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does the ID3 First have auto wipers? I was just going through the menus and I see a slider in the on position on my car but I'm nearly sure I've always had to turn my wipers on :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Does the ID3 First have auto wipers? I was just going through the menus and I see a slider in the on position on my car but I'm nearly sure I've always had to turn my wipers on :confused:

It doesn’t work at the moment but it work before the update. Many people had the opposite experience. I’ve booked my car to check it out at the dealership next week as I find it ridiculous that it stopped working. 1st movers club advice was to ask your dealer...

LOl I hope I don't regret my decision to get the id.3, as long as the travel assist and the apple car play work fine I think I'll be happy.

It doesn’t work at the moment but it work before the update. Many people had the opposite experience. I’ve booked my car to check it out at the dealership next week as I find it ridiculous that it stopped working. 1st movers club advice was to ask your dealer...

I haven't got 2.1 yet and I honestly don't remember ever having the wipers come on automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

The auto wipers on the ID.3 1st Plus that I had as a loaner didn't work. It had been updated to 2.1. It was a dealer car and he didn't seem to be too bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

LOl I hope I don't regret my decision to get the id.3, as long as the travel assist and the apple car play work fine I think I'll be happy.

Your new car will come with 2.1 installed in the factory. It will should be fine. :D

Cheers, it that the one with less power? 145hp or that?

204bhp 58kw motor

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »

Perhaps I have been lucky, mine have worked automatically since day 1.

Think of the car being like one of your children. They don't always behave, but you still love them....:)

204bhp 58kw motor

Perfect thanks. Going to look at one again tomorrow.
    Only thing holding me back is the software issues but think I’ll get over that.
    Looking forward to extra range if I purchase.

eagerv wrote: »
    Think of the car being like one of your children. They don't always behave, but you still love them....:)

Children can be fixed the old fashioned way. Good O'l Stick!

giphy.gif

Children can be fixed the old fashioned way. Good O'l Stick!

giphy.gif

h8ns2KD.png

Perfect thanks. Going to look at one again tomorrow.
    Only thing holding me back is the software issues but think I’ll get over that.
    Looking forward to extra range if I purchase.
    I dont think that you will regret it. Lovely to drive. Software not an issue in mine yet. But i think vw should be able to sort out any glitches eventually. Get the dealer to throw in mudflaps and mats in the deal.

I dont think that you will regret it. Lovely to drive. Software not an issue in mine yet. But i think vw should be able to sort out any glitches eventually. Get the dealer to throw in mudflaps and mats in the deal.

Or a boot mat. Hate all the dirt getting stuck in the carpet.

eagerv wrote: »
    h8ns2KD.png

Haha

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Car play works but some people find it occasionally stutters when used in wireless mode on newer iPhones. Sometimes it works without any issues, other times not so it depends on your own setup - ID.4+iPhone SE 2020 does stutter on my own car and I've read about some ID.3 owners having the same problem. I've never had car play before so don't know how stable it should be when streaming wirelessly from the phone.

Not a big issue for me and should be fixed by VW as they know about it... Bluetooth streaming works fine and the VW media player isn't too bad.

The Tour 5 looks like a great car, especially in blue. Good Luck !

• Advertisement

cannco253 wrote: »
    Car play works but some people find it occasionally stutters when used in wireless mode on newer iPhones. Sometimes it works without any issues, other times not so it depends on your own setup - ID.4+iPhone SE 2020 does stutter on my own car and I've read about some ID.3 owners having the same problem. I've never had car play before so don't know how stable it should be when streaming wirelessly from the phone.

Not a big issue for me and should be fixed by VW as they know about it... Bluetooth streaming works fine and the VW media player isn't too bad.

The Tour 5 looks like a great car, especially in blue. Good Luck !

Thanks, :D hopefully by the time I get it a lot of issues will be fixed.

Advertisement