Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Patmwgs wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the tiguan spare wheel fits the id3?

This makes me think of when you're sitting at a table with one leg longer than the others :D

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

This makes me think of when you're sitting at a table with one leg longer than the others :D

Its the little things🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Patmwgs wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the tiguan spare wheel fits the id3?

The ID.3 and the Tiguan have a standard VW stud pattern so the wheel should bolt on no problem.

The tyre diameter is where you might have issues with sensors but should be fine fitment wise, assuming this is a space saver?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Patmwgs

Mr Q wrote: »
    The ID.3 and the Tiguan have a standard VW stud pattern so the wheel should bolt on no problem.

The tyre diameter is where you might have issues with sensors but should be fine fitment wise, assuming this is a space saver?

Thanks, we are in the sticks and have been caught out before with a blowout. The only thing i would be concerned about is the large brake caliper clearance on the front. They have four nice jacking points on the car.

Got another spin in the i3 yesterday, this time the Life, I thought all id.3s had Apple Car Play ? couldn't find it anywhere but found it easily on the id.4.

The ride was comfier on the Life with 18 inch wheels compared to the 20 inch on the id.4, it's s fun enough car to drive. It was a but noisy on the motorway at 120 but the M9 Carlow Bypass has a really cheap crap road surface so can't in fairness blame the car for that I can imagine how quiet it would be on the resurfaced Naas bypass. But the first edition was definitely quieter or is it my imagination ?

The id.4 would have been really nice except I'd have to go to a price of 55 K to get the travel assist and in reality the id.3 is big enough for the 4 of us, now that my nearly 7 year and 5 year old Boys can get in and out of the car themselves it would be nice to have 5 proper doors lol, the 5 year old still needs one of us to put on his seat belt but it won't be long until he too can get in and out and manage the seatbelt. Actually he's still in the Child seat but should be in the booster soon enough and the belt will be a lot easier for him to manage.

Now it comes down to the long range 4 seater vs the 5 seater 58 Kwh, I want the long range but don't know when the 5 seater will be available. 20 more Kwh would be really sweet!!!

5 seats would be handy if we have to pick up and drop off one of their friends vs not being able to do it with the 4 seater or that would be the job of the outlander which is the 7 seater version so we could have 2 Children in the 2 rear seats and 3 in the normal seat.

Such a hard decision but I really want the 77 Kwh so whether to wait for the 5 seater or not is the real question.

Delivery if ordered now would be July.

• Advertisement

I think the 5 seater is available to order in Germany, so it can't be too far away for Ireland

I suppose it is worth keeping in mind you get the matrix headlights with the higher spec, which I think look great for when you're on unlit roads

The high spec ID.4 also has the motorised boot lid and the DCC, as well as the bigger screen. But in general if you don't need the space of the ID.4 then the ID.3 is probably the better value

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭eagerv

Got another spin in the i3 yesterday, this time the Life, I thought all id.3s had Apple Car Play ? couldn't find it anywhere but found it easily on the id.4.

The ride was comfier on the Life with 18 inch wheels compared to the 20 inch on the id.4, it's s fun enough car to drive. It was a but noisy on the motorway at 120 but the M9 Carlow Bypass has a really cheap crap road surface so can't in fairness blame the car for that I can imagine how quiet it would be on the resurfaced Naas bypass. But the first edition was definitely quieter or is it my imagination ?

The id.4 would have been really nice except I'd have to go to a price of 55 K to get the travel assist and in reality the id.3 is big enough for the 4 of us, now that my nearly 7 year and 5 year old Boys can get in and out of the car themselves it would be nice to have 5 proper doors lol, the 5 year old still needs one of us to put on his seat belt but it won't be long until he too can get in and out and manage the seatbelt. Actually he's still in the Child seat but should be in the booster soon enough and the belt will be a lot easier for him to manage.

Now it comes down to the long range 4 seater vs the 5 seater 58 Kwh, I want the long range but don't know when the 5 seater will be available. 20 more Kwh would be really sweet!!!

5 seats would be handy if we have to pick up and drop off one of their friends vs not being able to do it with the 4 seater or that would be the job of the outlander which is the 7 seater version so we could have 2 Children in the 2 rear seats and 3 in the normal seat.

Such a hard decision but I really want the 77 Kwh so whether to wait for the 5 seater or not is the real question.

Delivery if ordered now would be July.

I find my 1st very quiet at 120, did you notice what make of tyres? As you say depends somewhat on the surface, the car is otherwise pretty smooth and quiet.

Did you get a chance to give her a dart when on/coming out of a roundabout? I find it quite addictive. The rwd can be a bit of fun..:)

I think the 5 seater is available to order in Germany, so it can't be too far away for Ireland

I suppose it is worth keeping in mind you get the matrix headlights with the higher spec, which I think look great for when you're on unlit roads

The high spec ID.4 also has the motorised boot lid and the DCC, as well as the bigger screen. But in general if you don't need the space of the ID.4 then the ID.3 is probably the better value

The problem is the 55K price tag for the id.4 is too much when mostly what I want is travel assist, that's the big one for me for all the long distance motorway driving I do.

eagerv wrote: »
    I find my 1st very quiet at 120, did you notice what make of tyres? As you say depends somewhat on the surface, the car is otherwise pretty smooth and quiet.

I noticed the life had more wind noise too so either it was my imagination or the 1st has better insulation ? I never paid attention to the make of Tyre.

eagerv wrote: »
    Did you get a chance to give her a dart when on/coming out of a roundabout? I find it quite addictive. The rwd can be a bit of fun..:)

Yes, it's faster ( off the line ) than my i3 which is restricted a lot more, but the i3 pulls harder from 60 Km/hr

I called the dealer and he's going to call around to see if he can find a tour, I'm not interested in having a 212 reg that kind of thing doesn't bother me.

• Advertisement

I checked the VW site today and the tour 5 is now showing up without price and it's not in the price list PDF yet either so it's probably available to order now or soon.

I think this is the one I will be getting.

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/new-cars/all-new-id3.html#MOFA

What's even more interesting is that both versions have Dynamic Chassis Control, this was not available on the early Tour version.

I checked the VW site today and the tour 5 is now showing up without price and it's not in the price list PDF yet either so it's probably available to order now or soon.

I think this is the one I will be getting.

https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/new-cars/all-new-id3.html#MOFA

What's even more interesting is that both versions have Dynamic Chassis Control, this was not available on the early Tour version.

I wonder if the DCC allowed them to fit in the 5th seat? I think the reason the original Tour couldn't have 5 seats was down to the suspension not being able to handle the weight

I wonder if the DCC allowed them to fit in the 5th seat? I think the reason the original Tour couldn't have 5 seats was down to the suspension not being able to handle the weight

I don't think so because the 4 seater is now getting DCC seemingly, wonder why even continue to offer the 5 seater ? for the extra equipment maybe ?

DCC should be really good to have, have fun on backroads on your own or more comfort if the family is in the car.

I don't think so because the 4 seater is now getting DCC seemingly, wonder why even continue to offer the 5 seater ? for the extra equipment maybe ?

DCC should be really good to have, have fun on backroads on your own or more comfort if the family is in the car.

One of my neighbours has a 4 seater Kuga, he said it was classed as a commercial vehicle with a crew cabin and was therefore exempt from BIK

I wonder could someone pull a similar trick with the 4 seater Tour, it'd make a nice company vehicle in that case

But other than that I don't see the 4 seater Tour lasting long

One of my neighbours has a 4 seater Kuga, he said it was classed as a commercial vehicle with a crew cabin and was therefore exempt from BIK

I wonder could someone pull a similar trick with the 4 seater Tour, it'd make a nice company vehicle in that case

But other than that I don't see the 4 seater Tour lasting long

No idea about the BIK but I also don't think the 4 seater will be available for much longer unless they intend to keep it for the extra kit you get ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

They'll probably keep the 4 seater available until the refresh they battery cells, probably as part of a 3 year refresh when they add cells with a higher energy density meaning the battery pack weight drops under the threshold.

350 Kms at 130 Km/hr for the Tour , that's pretty good at decent speed. Would probably get closer to 400 Kms at 120 and probably over 450 kms at 100.

Notice the speed limit sign on the dash, one you will never see in Ireland! :D

350 Kms at 130 Km/hr for the Tour , that's pretty good at decent speed. Would probably get closer to 400 Kms at 120 and probably over 450 kms at 100.

Notice the speed limit sign on the dash, one you will never see in Ireland! :D

TeslaBjorn's results at 5 degrees temperature:
    Car Season Surface Temp Tires Wheel front Wheel rear Speed Wh/km Capacity km
    VW ID3 82 kWh Summer Dry 5 Goodyear EfficientGrip 215/50-19 215/50-19 120 231 75,5 325km

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V6ucyFGKWuSQzvI8lMzvvWJHrBS82echMVJH37kwgjE/edit#gid=735351678

TeslaBjorn's results at 5 degrees temperature:
    Car Season Surface Temp Tires Wheel front Wheel rear Speed Wh/km Capacity km
    VW ID3 82 kWh Summer Dry 5 Goodyear EfficientGrip 215/50-19 215/50-19 120 231 75,5 325km

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V6ucyFGKWuSQzvI8lMzvvWJHrBS82echMVJH37kwgjE/edit#gid=735351678

That's the 58 Kwh, he doesn't have the tour in that spreadsheet.

He does in this updated one though https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r58c93M0JwdbJ1Gik_8QhyyeLjoPgCSe1JXR_u4DrPc/edit#gid=735351678

ID.3 Tour 5 updated on VW site now, link to the options and prices what do ye think vs the 4 seater ?

[URL="file:///C:/Users/localuser/Downloads/210223_RB_ID3MY21%20(3).pdf"]file:///C:/Users/localuser/Downloads/210223_RB_ID3MY21%20(3).pdf[/URL]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭eagerv

ID.3 Tour 5 updated on VW site now, link to the options and prices what do ye think vs the 4 seater ?

[URL]file:///C:/Users/localuser/Downloads/210223_RB_ID3MY21%20(3).pdf[/URL]

I personally prefer the four seater, mainly because of the better seats and higher spec. But you would also have to consider resale.. If bought right would love one..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Losing the HUD and the ergo active, massage electric seats and Travel Assist would be enough to put me off it. No double level boot either.

I would probably never need more than 4 seats, so I'm happy with the Tour(4?) spec.

Losing the HUD and the ergo active, massage electric seats and Travel Assist would be enough to put me off it. No double level boot either.

I would probably never need more than 4 seats, so I'm happy with the Tour(4?) spec.

Tour 5 has travel assist, but doesn't have the others you mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Tour 5 has travel assist, but doesn't have the others you mentioned

Ah, OK, I didn't see it in the spec on the VW site.

Edit: Just checked the spec on the website and no sign of Travel Assist. Where did you see this?

Ah, OK, I didn't see it in the spec on the VW site.

Edit: Just checked the spec on the website and no sign of Travel Assist. Where did you see this?

hzmZ0pP.png

So apart from the HUD and better seats what am I really missing ?

I'll have the matrix lights, and above all travel assist, traffic jam assist, and Wireless Apple Car Play will be another really good one for me. I don't really need anything else except maybe 2 seconds off the 0-100 lol but it's fast enough in reality for commuting and pottering around with the family, the missus whinges if I put the boot to the floor in the i3 ffs.

The 5 seats will be better for when I have to drop a friend of the Boys home or pick them up etc. So I'll have to accept a loss somewhere I suppose.

Was pullng the trigger on the tour 5 today and there was some issue with the GFMV not showing up, probably because it's so new, other than that the deal would have been done, going for the Stonewashed Blue Metallic.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was pullng the trigger on the tour 5 today and there was some issue with the GFMV not showing up, probably because it's so new, other than that the deal would have been done, going for the Stonewashed Blue Metallic.

That's the colour I'd get if I was buying now.

Just to confirm, you know it doesn't have a REX right? ;)

• Advertisement

Just to confirm, you know it doesn't have a REX right? ;)

lol indeed and I'll miss it particularly on long trips especially with the state of our charging network and especially from the South all along the west coast to the North but if I feel a particular trip is going to be a pain I'll just take the Outlander. We need more High Power chargers. There's too many single 50 Kw charger sites.

I think the greatest benefit to me will be the travel assist most of all then the Apple Car Play. That's all I'm really bothered about + LED lights.

Having so much range from 1 of the work charge points will be great too but unfortunately only 3 pin plug on the other site will only give me around 16 Kwh max over 8 hrs but a full charge off the Blanch 22 Kw AC might even give me 2 trips from the blanch site and back roughly 170 kms depending on speed but I don't care about charging to 70% every day either although I'll probably charge to 100% in case I'm not back at the faster charger in blanch the next day.

I haven't fully made my mind up about the heat Pump but at 1400 Euro's I don't think it's really worth it with 77 Kwh of usable battery, sure it will be more efficient, it was different with the 2015 Leaf when the range was so low, every bit of efficiency helped but with 300-400 and more kms range it's not worth it, in my opinion.

The worst part will be waiting 2 months.

Advertisement