Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

bilston wrote: »
    Overall I thought Addison played well. He has a habit of throwing an offload which isn't on and that is frustrating. Other than that I thought he went well.
    Speaking of whom, can't see it mentioned anywhere, but he's been cited for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I can't work that one out. It looks like he tries to wrap the arms but mistimes it a bit and makes contact with the players head before the wrapping of the arms is complete...it might well be a ban...I think it would be harsh, but in this day and age he could be in trouble. I'd like to think any ban would be pretty short.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Hands Like Flippers

bilston wrote: »
    I can't work that one out. It looks like he tries to wrap the arms but mistimes it a bit and makes contact with the players head before the wrapping of the arms is complete...it might well be a ban...I think it would be harsh, but in this day and age he could be in trouble. I'd like to think any ban would be pretty short.

I can't see the contact with the head. What's the issue?

Angle isn't great, but looks like head to head.

If you zoom in you can see head on head contact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Hands Like Flippers

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Angle isn't great, but looks like head to head.

Right but surely noone sets out to tackle with his head. If head to head contact proven must be accidental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Right but surely noone sets out to tackle with his head. If head to head contact proven must be accidental.

Yes but it could still be considered reckless and thus worthy of a ban.

The law is dangerous play. Doesn't matter if you didn't intend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Billy Burns out with hamstring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

That is a rubbish tackle....... very poor. As much a danger to himself mind

• Advertisement

Billy Burns out with hamstring

For how long?

Doesn't say. Also of interest - Allen Clarke hoofed out of Ospreys. Surely not.

Doesn't say. Also of interest - Allen Clarke hoofed out of Ospreys. Surely not.

No surprise about Clarke, but still I don't like to see one of our own sacked or stepping down.

Regards Burns I see the update only relates to this weekend, but no indication as to whether it will be longer.

Good chance for Bill Johnston, although Lowry might be back soon?

Has to be said, if you're not going to field Hall, Agnew or Dalton under these circumstances, you have to wonder will any of them make it.

Will Addison banned for four weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Will Addison banned for four weeks.

Noticed it at the time and thought the ref/TMO would have a look at it but 4 weeks to me is very harsh. Massive blow to ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Noticed it at the time and thought the ref/TMO would have a look at it but 4 weeks to me is very harsh. Massive blow to ulster.

Ludik to 15, Gilroy / Baloucoune on the wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

That’s Lyttle and Addison gone from the champions cup team. Baloucoune and Gilroy fighting playing for a starting spot in two weeks time then? Hopefully Lowry will be back..

Four weeks is almost as low as they go these days. Bundee Aki got three during the RWC as did a number of other players like John Quill and Reece Hodge. Big loss, but we're used to seeing these bans now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Interesting that he didn't get the full 50% remission.

Edit: I see he didn't accept the charge, so doesn't get the full 50%
    https://www.epcrugby.com/2019/11/27/disciplinary-decisions-round-2-4/

• Advertisement

Wonder if they'll try and get it overturned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

He'll be missed.

Four weeks seems harsh, but rules are rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Interesting to see him not accept the ruling, common enough that players just throw out an apology and accept the reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭jacothelad

I look forward to the day when Ulster have Aaron Sexton on one wing and Baloucoune on the other. If Sexton makes it of course. I've seen enough of Baloucoune to think it won't be long before he is subject to close scrutiny by Farrell et al. Having 5 wings of the ability of Stockdale, Lyttle, Gilroy, Baloucoune and Sexton is unusual in the extreme.

As ever, it's the young forward production that's the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Delighted to see Baloucoune back for Ulster!

Ulster team to play Scarlets, Guinness PRO14 Round 7, Friday 29 November at Kingspan Stadium (kick-off 7.35pm).

(15-9) Louis Ludik, Robert Baloucoune, Matt Faddes, Stuart McCloskey, Craig Gilroy, Bill Johnston, John Cooney.

(1-8) Eric O'Sullivan, Rob Herring (Capt.), Marty Moore, Alan O'Connor, Kieran Treadwell, Matthew Rea, Sean Reidy, Marcell Coetzee.

Replacements: Adam McBurney, Andrew Warwick, Tom O’Toole, David O’Connor, Nick Timoney, David Shanahan, Angus Curtis, Angus Kernohan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭launish116

A lot stronger team than expected, thought Coetzee & O’Sullivan would be rested

Stronger than I expected. Should be good enough for the win.

I guess the view is get the points on the board early this season so we aren't scrambling come April/May and can therefore rotate a bit more for what we hope will be some knockout rugby.

• Advertisement

As ever, it's the young forward production that's the issue.

Some good ones may be on the way like Callum Reid, Tom Stewart and David McCann...but then we've said and heard it all before.

Advertisement