Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk Thread IV... Go On My Henderson...

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Robert Baloucoune lining out for Ballynahinch tomorrow.

EDIT: Rea as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Faugheen wrote: »
    Robert Baloucoune lining out for Ballynahinch tomorrow.

EDIT: Rea as well.

Rea jnr?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

mogwai81 wrote: »
    Rea jnr?

I don’t know my arse from my elbow at the best of times never mind my Rea Jnr to my Rea Snr I’m afraid. I just saw ‘M. Rea.’

Bill Johnston also lining out for Hinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Presume it's jnr - senior has had a great start to the season Nd arguably should be starting for us. Only way it could be him is if Reidy starts and Timoney is on bench.

I'd assume that means Curtis and Lyttle on the bench, then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

mogwai81 wrote: »
    Rea jnr?

Maybe he has moved, but I'm pretty Matthew Rea plays for Ballymena...or used to anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭launish116

71957816_2605893922823024_2103889764305338368_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQkSEjf30XR4Mg7QYG5hd47BFtaqf696ok_-4je7GMvzaSKIu_APcWnVpCrqzBFDBDOfp1SPWRp0l0HiqSo2LW1l&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=0418ef8b8c39fe519807c75416237515&oe=5E524D13

No Gilroy or Treadwell

ywiUfi6.jpg

Please stop encouraging him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Freddie Burns at 15 for Bath.

Nothing warms the heart like seeing brothers line up against each other.

Great Ulster pack. Should be more than enough for a good away win

• Advertisement

Interesting that Lyttle is ahead of Gilroy, Ludik ahead of Faddes, and Rea starting with Reidy on bench.

Other than Stockdale, this looks like an Ulster team dangerously close to reflecting the players' current form...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Sinbad_NI

Good to see it's in C4 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

ywiUfi6.jpg

99509.jpg

Oh, maxi big da Force...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

Bath have a few handy players coming back into the side, so this should be a tough game. Stockdale defending against rokoduguni scares me, especially is Marshall can't keep Jonathan Joseph in check. Couple of decent forwards, but nothing to suggest that they should winning the battle there.

Good to see Lyttle given the vote of confidence ahead of Gilory - more than deserves it. Would have loved for Balacoune to have been fit enough to fight for a place, but Ludik has been excellent under the high ball recently so can't really complain. Happy with Rea starting as well, adds a bit of physical tackling to the side. Apart from that, maybe Treadwell can feel hard done by.

99509.jpg

Oh, maxi big da Force...

Honestly - I never really saw much of a resemblance but sometimes from certain angles there is definitely a bit of a likeness.

53iNcTO.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,905 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I've always thought Henderson looked like an alpaca. Especially with that pubey beard he was trying to grow a few years ago.

But now I can't unsee Jar Jar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

If you know Fontaines DC then you'll know Grian Chatten then you'll know Iain Henderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Bath have a few handy players coming back into the side, so this should be a tough game. Stockdale defending against rokoduguni scares me, especially is Marshall can't keep Jonathan Joseph in check. Couple of decent forwards, but nothing to suggest that they should winning the battle there.

Good to see Lyttle given the vote of confidence ahead of Gilory - more than deserves it. Would have loved for Balacoune to have been fit enough to fight for a place, but Ludik has been excellent under the high ball recently so can't really complain. Happy with Rea starting as well, adds a bit of physical tackling to the side. Apart from that, maybe Treadwell can feel hard done by.

Bath completely outmuscled the Northampton pack last Saturday and are at home where they also beat Exeter so this is going to be a tough outing for Ulster make no bones about it.

Very good team selection. Basically the team I'd have gone for, although I'm pleasantly surprised Lyttle got in.

I've only just realised that Treadwell has missed out altogether. That's harsh, but you can't fault the dog in AOC.

There is no form to suggest it at all, but I'm backing Stockdale to score two tries tomorrow!

bilston wrote: »
    Very good team selection. Basically the team I'd have gone for, although I'm pleasantly surprised Lyttle got in.

I've only just realised that Treadwell has missed out altogether. That's harsh, but you can't fault the dog in AOC.

There is no form to suggest it at all, but I'm backing Stockdale to score two tries tomorrow!

Are we missing a single first choice player? There can be zero excuses. Although I'd be happy with a point, as long as they don't come away with five.

• Advertisement

Also, Venjur is history's greatest monster.

Also, Venjur is history's greatest monster.

xmdlxF1.jpg

Are we missing a single first choice player? There can be zero excuses. Although I'd be happy with a point, as long as they don't come away with five.

Don't think so. If fit I'd say Lowry would be on the bench, but that's about it. Although I wonder if Treadwell has a knock, he seems a perfect impact player from the bench.

Big test for Ulster today. I was at the Rec last December when Leinster went to Bath. They were struggling in the Premiership, near the bottom of the table and had just played one of the worst games I'd ever seen a week before. But they pulled out a huge performance against Leinster and really should have won. Louw and Underhill were phenomenal and made a mess out of the breakdown.

Conditions seem a lot better than last December, there was torrential rain and a howling gale. That'll suit Ulster's backline. But I expect Bath to pull another big game out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Great win by Ulster making me eat my words. Nerves shattered at the end but Stockdale saved the day. Really looking forward to Friday night against Clermont especially after their imperious demolition of Harlequins. Should be quite a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Hands Like Flippers

Balacoune got a hat trick yesterday for Hinch

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Rewatched the match! A.O.C really stood out for me. Ulster looked more physical with him involved. Great win and they really fought tooth and nail!

McGrath, Carter and Lyttle all missing this weekend.

Good replacements to come in, however it weakens our bench options.

bilston wrote: »
    McGrath, Carter and Lyttle all missing this weekend.

Good replacements to come in, however it weakens our bench options.

Exactly this. O'Sullivan, Treadwell, Baloucoune/Gilroy. Just means McCall or Warwick on the bench. Otherwise, replacements are quality.

• Advertisement

McGrath and Carter will have surgery for their respective injuries. Sounds like Carter will be out for a while.
    However, prop Jack McGrath is set to undergo surgery on a thumb injury and the Ireland international’s availability to play will be “monitored over the coming weeks”.

Lock Sam Carter was substituted off after 26 minutes after suffering a dislocated shoulder, which will put him out for approximately three months after he goes under the knife.

https://www.the42.ie/ulster-jack-mcgrath-sam-carter-injuries-surgery-4897247-Nov2019/

Advertisement