Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer (Dublin) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 June2019

Hey all,

Had an interview today, was offered a job 10 minutes after interview. Was in mid morning. Interviews for TCO and CO were going on. Based on the interview and application form. Taking people over 590 for today. A lot of current TCOs successful in CO competition.Interview a bit tougher than expected. Just updating as I have been keeping an eye on this post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

June2019 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Had an interview today, was offered a job 10 minutes after interview. Was in mid morning. Interviews for TCO and CO were going on. Based on the interview and application form. Taking people over 590 for today. A lot of current TCOs successful in CO competition.Interview a bit tougher than expected. Just updating as I have been keeping an eye on this post.
    Any idea how far down they will go for interviews? I only scored 450 wonder should I give up or is there still a chance I'd be called

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Deniseb24

Need a bit of advice. JUST in case there are more interviews given out.... does hair colour matter? My hair is bright blue... and I wanna know if that will hurt my chances... might be a stupid question BUT I wanted to ask anyway to be doubly sure haha

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

Hey all,

Congrats 🎉 Well done, what department did they offer you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Miriam3

Hi June2019,

Would you be able to give examples of the interview questions they asked you?

Congrats on your new job. I wish you every success.

Miriam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

Hey all,

Congrats! That's a great achievement,all the best in your new role :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 little mrs

Anybody know if its possible to swap with somebody. Got offered permanent position in Dublin but would like Longford /Westmeath ideally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

GarIT wrote: »
    There's an internal system for swapping jobs at the same grade. You need to be past your probation and then ask to go on the list. The waiting list can be up to 10 years if you are trying to swap out of Dublin, everyone wants to get out of Dublin right now and not many people want to swap into Dublin.
    The pay is too low if you're moving to Dublin with rent. I'd still do it though because they're isn't much work where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MrSphincter

Got an interview for the trade federation turns out it's going to be shift work, and I don't drive so I assume I'm damned if I take the job or damned if I don't. I have about three more months on my TCO contract with a possibility of extension but no promises.
    :/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 bookergirl

Got an interview for the trade federation turns out it's going to be shift work, and I don't drive so I assume I'm damned if I take the job or damned if I don't. I have about three more months on my TCO contract with a possibility of extension but no promises.
    :/
    Tell them in the department you're in that you passed the interview, if you like it there they might give you the permanency. Worth a shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 nosey11

Deniseb24 wrote: »
    Need a bit of advice. JUST in case there are more interviews given out.... does hair colour matter? My hair is bright blue... and I wanna know if that will hurt my chances... might be a stupid question BUT I wanted to ask anyway to be doubly sure haha

They don't like blue hair or lefties in general ðŸ˜

Any updates? Has anyone heard anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LittleMissRed

2016claire wrote: »
    Any updates? Has anyone heard anything ?

My Garda vetting says “process completed”. But as that’s only part one of the three strand process for advanced vetting for AGS, I’ll probably be waiting another while before I hear anything.

My Garda vetting says “process completed”. But as that’s only part one of the three strand process for advanced vetting for AGS, I’ll probably be waiting another while before I hear anything.

im in same boat, it will be September by the time we can start id say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Is it normal that there has been no main 2019 clerical officer recruitment drive yet? I thought it usually started much earlier in the year.

I think this competition is the main one for 2019, as it's the only one that specifically opened in 2019. They're just doing the competitions differently at the moment as they need to recruit so many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I think this competition is the main one for 2019, as it's the only one that specifically opened in 2019. They're just doing the competitions differently at the moment as they need to recruit so many people.

This was just for Dublin though so may be nationwide one or nationwide bar Dublin later this year or next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I thought this one was a special one with just 200 jobs and a quick turnaround.

Eod100 wrote: »
    This was just for Dublin though so may be nationwide one or nationwide bar Dublin later this year or next year.

Oh that's right, I had forgotten that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Cool.. do you have an idea when?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

I think its every 2 years for a nationwide one. The 2018 nationwide is still going on, and that excluded dublin at the time, so I'd say it will be next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Sorry not a clue tbh! Might wait and see how Brexit pans out first so maybe late this year or next but it's all speculation on my part

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Sorry not a clue tbh! Might wait and see how Brexit pans out first so maybe late this year or next but it's all speculation on my part

I think you could be right.....

Someone who didn't get through on the last competition (April 19) posted that there was another comp coming in July (eh hello) and to try again then.

Anyone else get an email for interviews on the 27th July?
    Any tips from those who have already interviewed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Phhvcc

Em2157 wrote: »
    Anyone else get an email for interviews on the 27th July?
    Any tips from those who have already interviewed?

Hi, hope you don’t mind me asking but what score did you get? I received an email last month to say they might be interviewing depending on scores

Phhvcc wrote: »
    Hi, hope you don’t mind me asking but what score did you get? I received an email last month to say they might be interviewing depending on scores

Hi there, I scored early 560's.... no problem. I got the email yesterday for interview next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

Phhvcc wrote: »
    I scored 560 and got called for the 27th if thats any help

• Registered Users Posts: 21 maryf97

Just wondering if anyone call help me out with how long the interview was and how long you were waiting to hear if you were successful. I have an interview next Saturday at 12.10pm, live about an hour from the city and need to be in work that afternoon at 3.00pm. Will I have sufficient time or should I ring to say I’ll be late?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭coffeesiphon

Got offered place in department of foreign affairs....anyone know anything about it, flexi? Uniforms or no? ...anything else?

• Advertisement

Got offered place in department of foreign affairs....anyone know anything about it, flexi? Uniforms or no? ...anything else?

Congrats and best of luck :-)

Advertisement