Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer (Dublin) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rav2012

My interview is next Thursday. Did you get a date?

Hi,
    May I ask what's your number after test?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Phhvcc

Rav2012 wrote: »
    Hi,
    May I ask what's your number after test?

I was wondering the same I scored 499 in the test, 439 was the minimum to pass, I got an email late June to say they would doing more interviews in the coming months, not sure if I’m still in the competition at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

Phhvcc wrote: »
    I was wondering the same I scored 499 in the test, 439 was the minimum to pass, I got an email late June to say they would doing more interviews in the coming months, not sure if I’m still in the competition at this stage.

I got 519.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Rav2012

Hydration wrote: »
    I got 519.

I scored 515. Rang PAS today. Competition is still live and no scheduled dates yet for the next round. The last numbers called were 552 and above.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LittleMissRed

2016claire wrote: »
    Hi, yeah they have my ref checked out last week, i should know more next week, just starting date and Location is the last step

Any update yet? I'm now just waiting on my location and start date too. Sitting staring at my phone waiting for it to ring so I can hand in my notice! Ha ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

Any update yet? I'm now just waiting on my location and start date too. Sitting staring at my phone waiting for it to ring so I can hand in my notice! Ha ha!

HaaHaa im same got confirmation email from PAS monday ive sent email to An Garda Siochana to see if they can confirm the location for me as i have to make accommodation arrangements and i haven't heard any thing yet im like you cheking my phone and emails every min :-) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 snigiollarua

Got call to say I'd be assigned to a Garda station this coming week does anybody know if its shift work for the guards

HaaHaa im same got confirmation email from PAS monday ive sent email to An Garda Siochana to see if they can confirm the location for me as i have to make accommodation arrangements and i haven't heard any thing yet im like you cheking my phone and emails every min :-) :-)

Hopefully we’ll hear this week. I’m ready to hand in my notice! :-D

Got call to say I'd be assigned to a Garda station this coming week does anybody know if its shift work for the guards

No it’s not shift work. It’s essentially 9-5 but can often be 8-4 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AC19

Hi guys

I see ye have gone through the vetting stage, I’m assigned to AGS to, just wondering did ye have to wait the full 12 weeks of vetting to be done, before ye heard anything? Thanks a mil in advance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 SE2020

Does anyone know what number they're at now ? I scored in the 520s in the test.. I got expression of interest emails for the customs and for dept of agriculture but didn't express interest I wonder will there be interviews for people who didn't express interest in the next month or so?

AC19 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I see ye have gone through the vetting stage, I’m assigned to AGS to, just wondering did ye have to wait the full 12 weeks of vetting to be done, before ye heard anything? Thanks a mil in advance :)

Congrats on getting AGS! Mine took almost 12 weeks to the day but someone else I know took 17 weeks. Depending on the volume it could be longer or shorter. At the moment it seems like they’re starting to process it faster. But as it’s a clearance process to work with AGS they’ll be very thorough in what they’re doing so it’ll always take longer than the standard vetting process.

The best thing to do is be prepared that you won’t be starting there for at least 12 - 14 weeks (including reference check by PAS) and just get on with things for now. Hopefully it’ll come around quicker and you won’t feel the time pass. I actually didn’t feel it bar the odd day that my boss annoyed me! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AC19

Congrats on getting AGS! Mine took almost 12 weeks to the day but someone else I know took 17 weeks. Depending on the volume it could be longer or shorter. At the moment it seems like they’re starting to process it faster. But as it’s a clearance process to work with AGS they’ll be very thorough in what they’re doing so it’ll always take longer than the standard vetting process.

The best thing to do is be prepared that you won’t be starting there for at least 12 - 14 weeks (including reference check by PAS) and just get on with things for now. Hopefully it’ll come around quicker and you won’t feel the time pass. I actually didn’t feel it bar the odd day that my boss annoyed me! :-D

Great thanks very much for that, best of luck with AGS! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hi guys

I know you’ve got a couple of answers already but I’ve got 2 staff members both waiting on positions in AGS. One was interviewed back in May and passed the PAS vetting and initial Garda vetting but has been waiting 14 weeks for the extra clearance and still hasn’t heard a word back yet. Although it looks like it will be soon enough as some people are getting assigned.

The other one submitted her additional documents almost 12 weeks ago and has had no word, although that competition seems to be the most drawn out competition I can recall.

Hi guys

yeah full 12 weeks, (Mid May - Mid Aug) but it could be faster now as summer holiday's are over, id say but yeah 12 weeks plus another 2-3 for ref.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Nihiyminoy

Be prepared to wait, sent mine 23 weeks ago this coming week but they maintain it’s been 17 weeks, still not back, they don’t begin your vetting straight away.

Nihiyminoy wrote: »
    Be prepared to wait, sent mine 23 weeks ago this coming week but they maintain it’s been 17 weeks, still not back, they don’t begin your vetting straight away.

vetting takes only one week, but security clearance takes longer as they do check previous addresses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Nihiyminoy

vetting takes only one week, but security clearance takes longer as they do check previous addresses

Previous addresses? I’ve only ever lived at one address my entire life so it’s just pure laziness hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

how do people survive on such low wages? seems a shocking wage for the work involved

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

For anyone assigned was it call or email from Garda HR or public jobs?

And had your references already been contacted?

• Advertisement

Did you get a reply to your email??

No it’s not shift work. It’s essentially 9-5 but can often be 8-4 etc.

Aw that's a relief just finishing up with aerlingus 4am starts not good

Turtyturd wrote: »
    For anyone assigned was it call or email from Garda HR or public jobs?

And had your references already been contacted?

Hi I got an email from public jobs last week had to fill out one more form and give her a referee from my current employer, I sent email back two days later and she said I should have a assignment this week so just waiting now,

Did you get a reply to your email??

nope nothing so fare :-) . Did you hear anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    how do people survive on such low wages? seems a shocking wage for the work involved

Scale tops out just shy of, and may now be a shade over, 40K for clerical work. Coupled with job security and a decent pension it's not a bad proposition.

Furthermore progressing to EO isn't too difficult and they top out around 50K.

nope nothing so fare :-) . Did you hear anything yet?

Not a sausage... Oh well, today's a new day!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Hi all, anyone else placed in Justice and equality? I had my interview end of July and I just got my assignment after all the vetting and clearance. I gave my work 4 weeks notice and I start on 30th Sept.

Em2157 wrote: »
    Hi all, anyone else placed in Justice and equality? I had my interview end of July and I just got my assignment after all the vetting and clearance. I gave my work 4 weeks notice and I start on 30th Sept.

congrats and best of luck :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Anyone any news on the port inspection posts? Were the interviews only on Wednesday and Thursday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hydration

Staph wrote: »
    Anyone any news on the port inspection posts? Were the interviews only on Wednesday and Thursday?

Yes the interviews were on Wednesday and Thursday. I had my interview yesterday morning.

Advertisement