Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer (Dublin) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

My fiancee received a email back today placing her provisionally in An Garda Siochana subject to further additional clearance which takes 12 weeks. At the interview her letter didnt specify her position.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

My fiancee received a email back today placing her provisionally in An Garda Siochana subject to further additional clearance which takes 12 weeks. At the interview her letter didnt specify her position.

Cool..... hope that goes well for her ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Damienthorn

Placed in the top tier but told I won't be called for interview untill June !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭2016claire

Did anyone else got email regarding vetting application to be filled and submitted again the information is required in relation to a criminal record, court date, court name, offence and court outcome

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kevin17W

2016claire wrote: »
    Did anyone else got email regarding vetting application to be filled and submitted again the information is required in relation to a criminal record, court date, court name, offence and court outcome

Yes got it earlier today and filled it out. I think it’s 12-15 weeks from now for those assigned to AGS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Kevin17W wrote: »
    Yes got it earlier today and filled it out. I think it’s 12-15 weeks from now for those assigned to AGS

Anyonne know why it takes so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kevin17W

Anyonne know why it takes so long?

Well if it’s AGS An Garda Síochána you’ve been assigned to there’s additional clearance due to the nature of the work. Last year when my friend was assigned to AGS the community garda called just to chat sort of thing. It was a small village so may be different if you’re in a city. I think the local guards just handle a small part. It’s more so if you’re involved or associated with criminals. All that craic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Placed in the top tier but told I won't be called for interview untill June !!!
    I'm in tier 3 unfortunately, June was mentioned in a previous email. I assume I'm out of contention in tier 3 if tier 1s haven't been interviewed yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

I'm in tier 3 unfortunately, June was mentioned in a previous email. I assume I'm out of contention in tier 3 if tier 1s haven't been interviewed yet?

Not necessarily out of contention but you might have to wait a while. All depends on the number of posts Publicjobs get sanctioned to fill

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cople

Does anybody actually know what their order of merit is? Is it not unusual to have no idea where you are on the list?

Also has anyone got any experience in being offered a position? I'm mainly wondering if it will be via phone or by a message on public jobs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LittleMissRed

Cople wrote: »
    Does anybody actually know what their order of merit is? Is it not unusual to have no idea where you are on the list?

Also has anyone got any experience in being offered a position? I'm mainly wondering if it will be via phone or by a message on public jobs

I'm not sure what my order of merit was, or if they are using the usual system.
    You'll be contacted via your public jobs message board if you haven't already been assigned somewhere (this is how I was contacted). Anyone who got an offer on the day of interview will be contacted via phone by their assigned department.

I did email to ask but got no update..... not sure if they are using the OOM system

I did email to ask but got no update..... not sure if they are using the OOM system

I got an email back after I sent them my references: "Thank you for your email. I have noted your references.

We will be in contact with you when we reached your order of merit regarding the Clerical Officer 2019 competition."

Maybe its just a generic template that they use?

I got an email back after I sent them my references: "Thank you for your email. I have noted your references.

We will be in contact with you when we reached your order of merit regarding the Clerical Officer 2019 competition."

Maybe its just a generic template that they use?

Goodness knows but that does sound about right.
    Look we've got this far and we'll just have to wait our turn.

The current problems with delays at immigration/passport control in Dublin Airport may speed things up on this panel. Minsiter Flanagan said yesterday that he will give more resources to INIS (Dept of Justice) if they expand the area as they are looking to do - that will likely mean the DOJ needing to quickly source a significant number of CO posts for these roles.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I think INIS run their own CO competitions for border control. Unless it was mentioned at the interviews that DOJ would take staff from this panel.

I think INIS run their own CO competitions for border control. Unless it was mentioned at the interviews that DOJ would take staff from this panel.

They dont run their own competitions but they do ask supplementary questions during the CO interview to anyone who might be interested in those posts.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Gaffer78 wrote: »
    They dont run their own competitions but they do ask supplementary questions during the CO interview to anyone who might be interested in those posts.

I think they took people from the general 2014 CO competition to fill for the initial posts in Dublin airport when they took over from the Gardaí but then moved to their own competition in 2016. Thread below.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99988412

You'll probably be covered anyway if they specifically mentioned it for this campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,649 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

For anyone who wasn't assigned a specific department on the day, did ye hear since where you got?

Eod100 wrote: »
    For anyone who wasn't assigned a specific department on the day, did ye hear since where you got?

No..... nothing yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LittleMissRed

Eod100 wrote: »

I was contacted last week to say that I was assigned to An Garda Siochana. On they day of the interview I was told that jobs are coming up all the time due to retirement and movement within departments do not to worry, that if oh were successful on the day then something would come up soon. There’s just a lot of moving parts to wait on.

I was contacted on friday to say I'd been placed within the public appointments service, no news of a start date just yet though. Not exactly where I was hoping for but willing to give it a go, hope everyone hears soon :)

I was contacted on friday to say I'd been placed within the public appointments service, no news of a start date just yet though. Not exactly where I was hoping for but willing to give it a go, hope everyone hears soon :)

That is a lovely gig to get - well done you!!

Good luck with your new role!

Do you want to swoop with me Hahaa I’m provisionally in An Garda Siochana subject to further additional clearance which takes 12 weeks.

Congrats well done and best of luck :-) :-)

I've just heard that I got assigned the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform – I think it will be an interesting role….. looking forward to it!

I've just heard that I got assigned the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform – I think it will be an interesting role….. looking forward to it!

Well done & best of luck :-)

congratulations! Will be an interesting one for sure, best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

congrats! id say its a lovely place to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭GalwayGirl00

congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 FootballGuy82

Congrats. I had an interview for CO last May 18th as well, i was nervous. The letter was handed out, the letter says i was successful and i will be assigned to NSSO, then last week when my garda vetting was cleared, they emailed me say im cleared to assign the different dept, Dept of Foreign Affairs and Trade. I was working there last year as TCO. They must ve requested me. I will start working on 8th of July. Cant wait. Hope y’all hear the confirm date starts soon! :)

Advertisement