Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer (Dublin) 2019

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

K.r.3 wrote: »
    I just got a call this morning. They reached my OOM and want me to get my references together and email them. Anyone else get a call?

Did you get an OOM after interview ? My son got the results of his a couple of weeks ago but he never got an OOM . Just wondering how they are doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 12 K.r.3

Did you get an OOM after interview ? My son got the results of his a couple of weeks ago but he never got an OOM . Just wondering how they are doing it

No they don't just give it to you. I emailed them and asked were I was on the list and I got an email back straight away telling me. Get your son to email them and they should let him know

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tkellie5678

I just got a call this morning. They reached my OOM and want me to get my references together and email them. Anyone else get a call?

Congratulations! That was pretty quick, did they say where you would be working?

Congratulations! That was pretty quick, did they say where you would be working?

Just got a phone call today, I'm starting in the Legal Aid Board in Smithfield on the 9th of March.

Anyone know what it's like in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Just got a phone call today, I'm starting in the Legal Aid Board in Smithfield on the 9th of March.

Anyone know what it's like in there?

Congratulations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Anybody who has started. What's the take home pay after all deductions?

I've been offered a place in the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation.

Does anyone know what batch and number they are at now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

ciano316 wrote: »
    Anybody who has started. What's the take home pay after all deductions?

I've been offered a place in the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation.

It depends on if you are in a relationship, how much your partner earns, how many children you have, if you have any medical expenses, if you live with an elderly relative you care for. Just barely over €400 for someone unmarried, with no kids and no other tax credits. There's also a 2% increase due in September.

Does anyone know what batch and number they are at now ?

I believe the OOM doesn't include people who have been hired. Your position should be heading towards 1st and then hired as people alead of you get hired. 1st is the first person that hasn't been hired rather than the person with the highest score.

GarIT wrote: »
    I believe the OOM doesn't include people who have been hired. Your position should be heading towards 1st and then hired as people alead of you get hired. It's not the same as before where people had a score and they were at a certain score.

No it's still batch number and OOM .
    My son emailed them around 2 weeks ago and they said that he was batch 10 early 30s . I was just wondering if they had finished batch 9 yet .

• Advertisement

No it's still batch number and OOM .
    My son emailed them around 2 weeks ago and they said that he was batch 10 early 30s . I was just wondering if they had finished batch 9 yet .

A relative called and was told something like you are 50 in batch 9, therefore there are 49 people ahead of you to be hired in batch 9. Could have just been confusing wording though, what I took from that was your number decreased towards 1, rather than the number they are at increasing, they are always at one. Could have been a mistaken interpretation though.

Congratulations

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ciabris

Hi all

For those who were placed in the Garda stations how are you finding it? I have just passed my special vetting after a long 8 month wait for it & will be placed shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Ciabris wrote: »
    Hi all

For those who were placed in the Garda stations how are you finding it? I have just passed my special vetting after a long 8 month wait for it & will be placed shortly.

Not in a station myself but know of quite a few who are or were. It varies hugely. I'd say the vast majority love it, as they're usually pretty busy and fairly interesting places to work.

Not in a station myself but know of quite a few who are or were. It varies hugely. I'd say the vast majority love it, as they're usually pretty busy and fairly interesting places to work.

I think I would love to be posted in a busy Garda Station or the GHQ - or any busy office that respects the value of a CO and what they can do .... Just so that it will busy. The office I'm in at the moment is not busy for me and the HEO's are unable/reluctant to hand over work so I spend most of my day twiddling thumbs. If I take the initiative, it is frowned upon and I have been berated in the past for doing so. One of the HEO's is a control biddy and is useless at managing people in general. Not sure if they understand or know the word delegation
    Even so, I am grateful that I'm in - nearly finished my probation and once that is done, and because of previous TCO experience (I'll have 30 months served) I can put in for a transfer - which I think I will be doing.

I think I would love to be posted in a busy Garda Station or the GHQ - or any busy office that respects the value of a CO and what they can do .... Just so that it will busy. The office I'm in at the moment is not busy for me and the HEO's are unable/reluctant to hand over work so I spend most of my day twiddling thumbs. If I take the initiative, it is frowned upon and I have been berated in the past for doing so. One of the HEO's is a control biddy and is useless at managing people in general. Not sure if they understand or know the word delegation
    Even so, I am grateful that I'm in - nearly finished my probation and once that is done, and because of previous TCO experience (I'll have 30 months served) I can put in for a transfer - which I think I will be doing.

That's a real shame to hear, and while we're on the subject of issues in the Guards - get a wanker of a Super or other guards that don't like civilians then you're gonna have a bad time. Where I am CO's are given a lot of responsibility if they can handle it - most can, some not so much. Have to say I wouldn't want to be in some of the offices a GHQ as not all of them have flexi. On the subject of flexi not all stations run it either.

I think AGS is a good place to be though. It's clear they're just cramming people in the door where they can with plans for what to do with them as they get rid of the old guard (guards and civilians). It was very interesting to see that when the new Divisional model came in there were a AP's assigned.

That's a real shame to hear, and while we're on the subject of issues in the Guards - get a wanker of a Super or other guards that don't like civilians then you're gonna have a bad time. Where I am CO's are given a lot of responsibility if they can handle it - most can, some not so much. Have to say I wouldn't want to be in some of the offices a GHQ as not all of them have flexi. On the subject of flexi not all stations run it either.

I think AGS is a good place to be though. It's clear they're just cramming people in the door where they can with plans for what to do with them as they get rid of the old guard (guards and civilians). It was very interesting to see that when the new Divisional model came in there were a AP's assigned.

It is a shame but part of it is a bad or insecure manager, I am not sure which. I know the potential in the role but the biddy doesn't or is just not interested. They have read my CV, chatted to me about my experience and (so I thought) felt that they were impressed - nah. I have been told that I don't have the experience and (worse of all) I am just the CO.....
    Thankfully I am just biding my time and hopefully I will get a transfer soon after.
    What is AGS?

It is a shame but part of it is a bad or insecure manager, I am not sure which. I know the potential in the role but the biddy doesn't or is just not interested. They have read my CV, chatted to me about my experience and (so I thought) felt that they were impressed - nah. I have been told that I don't have the experience and (worse of all) I am just the CO.....
    Thankfully I am just biding my time and hopefully I will get a transfer soon after.
    What is AGS?

An Garda Síochána

An Garda Síochána

Opps sorry - should have know that.
    Thank you.

Advertisement