Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saoradh dissident republican march in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

because one is the legitimate army of its state going about its business whether you like that or not

and the other is a dangerous set of nationalist fascists who did it the day after the murder of a journalist for which they bear heavy responsibility

so thats two big differences for you

Remember what the British security forces did last time they were stationed on the streets in Ireland? They murdered innocent children, planted bombs, teamed up with unionist extremists to terrorise the Nationalist community. They then covered up these crimes and have given no justice to the victims and their families. How are you ok with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

The British army presence is a problem. They are stoking the tensions. Knowing how they behaved in the past, not only the murders but the intimidation and beatings they handed out, they are not looked upon favourably by any Nationalist but especially by those in Derry. Them throwing their weight around will only increase support for these groups like the New IRA.

The British Army left Northern Ireland in 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tomas81

Creol1 wrote: »

What? Hahaha are you joking?

Berserker wrote: »
    What the presence of the BA on the streets on Londonderry/Derry has to do with this shower of thugs marching through the streets of the Irish republic, somewhere you won't find the BA, is beyond me. The BA can patrol the streets of Londonderry/Derry. Its theirs to patrol. If S...h have an issue with the BA in NI, why don't they go up there and march? Is it possible that mammy and daddy won't let the go up to NI on their own?

What's this post all about? The British armed forces killed a huge amount of civilians during the recent war, they also intimidated and inflicted violence on the Nationalist community. They should not be stationed on the streets of Derry!

Aegir wrote: »
    Are the army on the streets of Derry?

Are they?

• Advertisement

Apparently, they were raiding homes in Derry over the weekend though!

Are they?

Yes they are

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Tomas81 wrote: »
    Bull****
    Whatever :rolleyes:

Yes they are

It's a worrying development.

British army in Creggan in 2013

• Advertisement

So is there any evidence of the army on the streets of Derry?

Brit chopper in West Belfast 2017

British army in Creggan in 2013

Who do you think disarms the bombs these ****ing muppets are building? The ****ing girls brigade?

Evidence coming in! Groups like this and the New IRA are not wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Brit chopper in West Belfast 2017

Lol

Picture Above

Who do you think disarms the bombs these ****ing muppets are building? The ****ing girls brigade?

Woah!!! A minute ago you were looking for evidence! What's up with that reaction to the evidence provided?

So your accepting the British army are still in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Your point, if there is one, makes zero sense to me.

What about these groups says they are looking for votes?

Please
    My point is that they have contempt for democracy
    I don't see your issue with that or that it isn't clear

Remember what the British security forces did last time they were stationed on the streets in Ireland? They murdered innocent children, planted bombs, teamed up with unionist extremists to terrorise the Nationalist community. They then covered up these crimes and have given no justice to the victims and their families. How are you ok with this?

i dont remember it and neither do you and its none of it the reaaon a young woman is dead shame on you for your poseur victimhood rhetoric in the circumstances

• Advertisement

i dont remember it and neither do you and its none of it the reaaon a young woman is dead shame on you for your poseur victimhood rhetoric in the circumstances

I remember it, my father and brother were both murdered by them. My father was murder in Ballymurphy massacre, my brother was shot while throwing stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

What? Hahaha are you joking?

No, British troops haven't been actively deployed in Northern Ireland since 31st July 2007: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/aug/01/northernireland.military. That does not mean all troops are gone in a literal sense; troops may have a presence for training, etc., the same as any other part of the UK. However, they are not there on active deployment, i.e., they are not there as part of a military operation, which ended in 2007. Security is exclusively dealt with by the PSNI.

So your accepting the British army are still in Ireland

No, they are in Northern Ireland, as they should be. Their job is to defend the United Kingdom from terrorism. This includes disarming the bombs some wannabe che Guevara decides to build.

Oddly, the Irish army do a similar thing in Ireland.

Have you got any evidence that they are on the streets of Derry?

No, they are in Northern Ireland, as they should be. Their job is to defend the United Kingdom from terrorism. This includes disarming the bombs some wannabe che Guevara decides to build.

Yes I have posted a picture of a house raid of MH in Creggan, 2 army land rovers present not an IED being diffused.

No one wants groups like the New IRA, they killed poor Lyra and the shooter should spend time behind bars. Everyone wants peace. That's why the presence of the British army is really worrying. They are not known for peacekeeping! Do you know anything about their disgusting history?

No, British troops haven't been actively deployed in Northern Ireland since 31st July 2007: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/aug/01/northernireland.military. That does not mean all troops are gone in a literal sense; troops may have a presence for training, etc., the same as any other part of the UK. However, they are not there on active deployment, i.e., they are not there as part of a military operation, which ended in 2007. Security is exclusively dealt with by the PSNI.

Hahahaha hahahaha hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Where did you pull that one out of?

What I'm questioning is what are the British army doing on the streets of Derry? We all know their disgusting history, no one wants to see the bloodshed caused by them repeated.
    The march by Saoradh has been questioned, why not this also?
    Can you clarify, do you think it was justified for the New IRA to be shooting on the streets of Derry?

batgoat wrote: »
    Can you clarify, do you think it was justified for the New IRA to be shooting on the streets of Derry?

Of course it wasn't.

Like I said before, pity they couldn't disarm the Dublin and Monaghan bombs and all the others they made for their unionist allies.

• Advertisement

Yes I have posted a picture of a house raid of MH in Creggan, 2 army land rovers present not an IED being diffused.

That’s a bomb disposal team and, as you pointed out, it was six years ago.

So a few soldiers, none of whom appear to be carrying weapons, pictured six years ago is evidence of the army, today, on the streets of Derry.

No wonder these idiots feel justified in shooting innocent people when there are those that go to great lengths to support them.

Advertisement