Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saoradh dissident republican march in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tomas81

So it would have been ok to open fire on the idiots marching down oconnell st last week as they were in "uniform"?

Again.... read my posts saoradh aren't republicans they are crims.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

It's all very easy to dismiss support for these groups.

But I was suprised to hear a security expert on radio this morning say that they have support in Derry in the 1000 people range.

So about 1% of the population, in a republican stronghold???

Ya, a force to be reckoned with. /s

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Tomas81 wrote: »
    Again.... read my posts saoradh aren't republicans they are crims.

They identify as republicans wether you agree or not, all scrotes in my eyes, hopefully next time they try a stunt like this a few hundred people will walk alongside them with large sheets blocking them off from decent folk.

The British army presence is a problem. They are stoking the tensions. Knowing how they behaved in the past, not only the murders but the intimidation and beatings they handed out, they are not looked upon favourably by any Nationalist but especially by those in Derry. Them throwing their weight around will only increase support for these groups like the New IRA.

Can you not tell the difference between the police and the army?

It’s not difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Aegir wrote: »
    Can you not tell the difference between the police and the army?

It’s not difficult.

So the British army were not there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. You're dismissing genuine people with genuine issues because you may not agree with them.
    I think shooting some young journalist dead, even by mistake, wouldn't be filled under 'sticking it to the man'.

Ah come on Matt, I have the utmost respect for your posts most of the time. But I can also recognise that there is definitely an element out there who will support anything simply because they have no lives.

If you listen regularly to radio you'll notice these guys. They are regular callers to every single radio station so they've obviously nothing else to do with their day.

It's sad but true that these people are just looking for somewhere to belong, company or attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,228 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    You miss my point
    I'm not saying they'd be stupid to advocate that
    I said any party
    My point is the only voters they'd have left is a few hundred of the 'new' IRA crowd because they'd love it
    They haven't got the memo on democracy yet

Sigh,there are about 1 million Brits in NI,so I'd imagine you know,they take offense at the Brits out and enemy forces lingo used by anyone really
    Its a by the by anyway as my example was to say putting shooting psni to the vote wouldn't win many votes

Your point, if there is one, makes zero sense to me.

What about these groups says they are looking for votes?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Your relations were asked for money by the IRA?
    No no no. The IRA didn't ask them for money.
    The IRA *told* them that if they didn't pay towards the cause their shop would be burnt down.
    I never said that the PIRA were angels. They did some horrible things. What I'm saying is that they mostly stuck with military targets, the stats back that up.
    The stats also show that the British side were the terrorists. They targetted innocent people. They killed over 1,000 civilians.
    You tried to suggest that they weren't terrorists.
    Which they most definitely were!

rosser44 wrote: »
    So about 1% of the population, in a republican stronghold???

Ya, a force to be reckoned with. /s

The poster was talking about handfuls of people. It is sadly much more than that and the really scary thing is that those numbers are growing not decreasing. As is evidenced by the ramping up of incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Of course violent republicans have a history in Londonderry for shooting 29 year old woman.

Joanne Mathers was a 29 year old Protestant woman who the IRA shot dead on someone’s doorstep as she committed the ghastly crime in the eyes of weirdo bloodthirsty republicans of taking a census. She was the mother of a one year old baby.

Again perhaps the laughable so called green book or whatever it’s called needs updated. This latest rebranding of the Ira appears to be following the same path of insane violence with bomb and bullet that the provies did a few years back so maybe they are using the old provo textbook.

All with the same sad, predictable outcome. Not of anything being united of course but the exact opposite.

• Advertisement

The IRA *told* them that if they didn't pay towards the cause their shop would be burnt down.

Where did this allegedly happen Seth?

Did you not read any of the stats I gave you? They clearly targetted military personnel and those involved in the war. There were times when they retaliated to the sectarian murders of the British side, they should never have stooped to this level.
    Obviously, war is horrible and civilians always die but for the British side to kill such a high percentage of innocents shows that they were the terrorists.

timthumbni wrote: »
    Of course violent republicans have a history in Londonderry for shooting 29 year old woman.

Joanne Mathers was a 29 year old Protestant woman who the IRA shot dead on someone’s doorstep as she committed the ghastly crime in the eyes of weirdo bloodthirsty republicans of taking a census. She was the mother of a one year old baby.

Again perhaps the laughable so called green book or whatever it’s called needs updated. This latest rebranding of the Ira appears to be following the same path of insane violence with bomb and bullet that the provies did a few years back so maybe they are using the old provo textbook.

All with the same sad, predictable outcome. Not of anything being united of course but the exact opposite.

If anyone can exploit the death of an innocent it would be you Tim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Genuine issues?? Jesus wept.

Have they also got “genuine” aims of bringing back daily bombings, punishment beatings and hundreds of civilians deaths?

Or have they “genuine” concerns over who controls the drug trade and other criminal rackets?

Did you even read the post I was responding to or mine? He listed every protest under the sun as just being about sticking it to the man, (water, repossessions, Garda, Nurses). And I spoke on these shams separately that I wouldn't put them in the category of 'sticking it to the man'. Get your act together.
    BBFAN wrote: »
    Ah come on Matt, I have the utmost respect for your posts most of the time. But I can also recognise that there is definitely an element out there who will support anything simply because they have no lives.

If you listen regularly to radio you'll notice these guys. They are regular callers to every single radio station so they've obviously nothing else to do with their day.

It's sad but true that these people are just looking for somewhere to belong, company or attention.

Yes, I'm sure some have nothing better to do, but it's a bullsh*t argument. We can say the same about literally everything. Some go to FG meetings because they like being a busy body, not the politics, some join the army because they want to wear a uniform not defend the country and so on. It's pointless.

If anyone can exploit the death of an innocent it would be you Tim.

And if anyone can defend it or make an excuse for it it's you frankie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

So the British army were not there?

An innocent woman was murdered by the New Ira, maybe cop on and stop treating her as collateral damage. The British are not those at fault for what happened. I hope those responsible are put away for a very long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

timthumbni wrote: »

You should really proof read before you post. So many inaccuracies.

And if anyone can defend it or make an excuse for it it's you frankie.

I condemned it and I am totally against dissident activity.

I condemned it and I am totally against dissident activity.

And yet you have been making excuses for them, yeah..... you're totally against it ;)

batgoat wrote: »
    An innocent woman was murdered by the New Ira, maybe cop on and stop treating her as collateral damage. The British are not those at fault for what happened. I hope those responsible are put away for a very long time.

There's no one condoning the murder of Lyra! No one wants a return to violence. The presence of the British army is a threat to that. This needs to be questioned. Why are they there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I think Saoradh have created a martyr. But not the kind of martyr that will help thier cause.
    Plus she is already being styled as the epitome of new Ireland by the media. LGBT activist etc etc.

It looks like it will stop Saoradh from gaining any ground much like the way the Omagh bombing had on the RIRA.

Hopefully if any good will come out of it will shake up those so called politicians in Stormont out of thier slumber and they will start doing what they are paid to do?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

And yet you have been making excuses for them, yeah..... you're totally against it ;)

No I haven't. Some of you guys need help with your understanding of words as much as you need help with understanding why this keeps happening.
    You can still condemn even if you know why something is happening.

Where did this allegedly happen Seth?
    (There's no allegedly about it)
    Why does it matter where it occurred as from what I've learned it was far from an isolated incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

from what I've learned it was far from an isolated incident?

No it was pretty 'normal' back in the day.

There's no one condoning the murder of Lyra! No one wants a return to violence. The presence of the British army is a threat to that. This needs to be questioned. Why are they there?
    So you're saying that its not the fault of the criminal who pulled the trigger?

So you're saying that its not the fault of the criminal who pulled the trigger?

Where did you pull that one out of?

What I'm questioning is what are the British army doing on the streets of Derry? We all know their disgusting history, no one wants to see the bloodshed caused by them repeated.
    The march by Saoradh has been questioned, why not this also?

What I'm questioning is what are the British army doing on the streets of Derry? We all know their disgusting history, no one wants to see the bloodshed caused by them repeated.

because one is the legitimate army of its state going about its business whether you like that or not

and the other is a dangerous set of nationalist fascists who did it the day after the murder of a journalist for which they bear heavy responsibility

so thats two big differences for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

What the presence of the BA on the streets on Londonderry/Derry has to do with this shower of thugs marching through the streets of the Irish republic, somewhere you won't find the BA, is beyond me. The BA can patrol the streets of Londonderry/Derry. Its theirs to patrol. If S...h have an issue with the BA in NI, why don't they go up there and march? Is it possible that mammy and daddy won't let the go up to NI on their own?

Are the army on the streets of Derry?

• Advertisement

(There's no allegedly about it)
    Why does it matter where it occurred as from what I've learned it was far from an isolated incident?

Bull****

Advertisement