Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

sticker wrote: »

Yeah, the new controller still has a headphone jack so it should just plug in and work fine! Good headset that one is too. The virtual 7.1 surround sound only works via the USB sound card which comes with the headset, but if Sony's 3D Audio is as good as they're making it out to be you probably wouldn't want to use the 7.1 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭GreyAlien

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Appears to be out of stock :(

Coming in and out of stock. Still possible to order if you keep trying and refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Yeah, the new controller still has a headphone jack so it should just plug in and work fine! Good headset that one is too. The virtual 7.1 surround sound only works via the USB sound card which comes with the headset, but if Sony's 3D Audio is as good as they're making it out to be you probably wouldn't want to use the 7.1 anyway.

Cheers! - I honestly dont want to shell out that much to begin with. Any recommendations for a decent headphone set for PS4/PS5 if the PS5 will cover the 7.1?

A lot out of sets out there! - I'm running Division 2 mostly. Would go to €70 or so...

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

sticker wrote: »
    Cheers! - I honestly dont want to shell out that much to begin with. Any recommendations for a decent headphone set for PS4/PS5 if the PS5 will cover the 7.1?

A lot out of sets out there! - I'm running Division 2 mostly. Would go to €70 or so...

Thanks!

The PS4 Gold edition are brilliant. Assume they'll work with the ps5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Kanney wrote: »

Yeah they've confirmed they will work!

Great headsets but the battery life could be better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

I am very tempted by the PS5 (last PS I had was a PS3)

Is there any reason not to consider the Digital Edition ONLY as would assume you can download all the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭orwell77

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Appears to be out of stock :(

My friend managed to get one, thanks to this thread a few minutes ago... are they an ok company?? The ps and controller

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

PHG wrote: »
    I am very tempted by the PS5 (last PS I had was a PS3)

Is there any reason not to consider the Digital Edition ONLY as would assume you can download all the games?

The debate on this have been done to death in the thread.

If you purchase all your games through PSN you'll be fine with a digital edition.

If you'd like the ability to purchase disc based games, clear them and re-sell them, lend to a friend, donate them to charity in 8-10 years time, the disc version is the one for you.

The disc version of course can do everything the digital can.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Just received an email form GameStop to say my Ps5 pre-order will not be delivered until 2021. I placed it immediately after they sold out on the first batch. How could they sell more in the second batch and bypass the queue from the first batch. Needless to say I have requested a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Sold me Xbox and a few games today at Cex before any price drop. Nice with my store that they paid me cash on the spot, no waiting for bank transfers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Kanney wrote: »

This one? Edit: Is this 2 years old now? and a tenner more expensive than the HyperX Cloud II...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gold-Wireless-Headset-White-PS4/dp/B07HPXXGF2/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=ps4+Gold+Wireless+Headset&qid=1601310828&sr=8-7

Evilbart wrote: »
    Just received an email form GameStop to say my Ps5 pre-order will not be delivered until 2021. I placed it immediately after they sold out on the first batch. How could they sell more in the second batch and bypass the queue from the first batch. Needless to say I have requested a refund.

When did you place the preorder? Unlike Smyths they didn't have batches so they didn't close the preorders once the first batch allocation was sold out. They oversold so you don't know what batch you're in. Your basically in a virtual queue where they took unlimited preorders so I'm not surprised

Berty wrote: »
    Yes, but increase your coverage/liability higher

https://parcelmotel.com/extend-liability/

I have bought from Game UK before, PS4 and it came with PSN Codes which only work in the UK, beware of that when buying stuff from the UK.

Yeah, one thing I loved about the Xbox is their Xbox Gold is not region locked so your can buy it anywhere in Europe which allowed me to save a ton. Ireland tends to have more expensive PSN codes

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

loughrey wrote: »
    When did you place the preorder? Unlike Smyths they didn't have batches so they didn't close the preorders once the first batch allocation was sold out. They oversold so you don't know what batch you're in. Your basically in a virtual queue where they took unlimited preorders so I'm not surprised

My point was that I paid a deposit to enter a queue so I had assumed I would be first in line for the second batch of pre-orders. The fact is people were able to secure the ps5 in the second batch online without any previous contact with GameStop therefore bypassing people who had joined the queue and payed a deposit a week prior to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ozmo

loughrey wrote: »
    When did you place the preorder?

Just got same 2021 email from them.
    I got my place in queue confirmed at Thu, Sep 17, 12:55 AM according to my email receipt - might have been a tad earlier than that I did order.

So that was about 30 minutes maybe(?) after they sold out on that surprise first day release.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 29,604 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Surprised they're not asking for another 50 euro to secure your place in the 2021 queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Just arrived in the inbox

So does this effect people who actually ordered the console (full price)? or just the people what put themselves on to the €50 queue? I had my 50 returned to my card a few days ago so no need to cancel with them.

gs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭ozmo

My point was that I paid a deposit to enter a queue so I had assumed I would be first in line for the second batch of pre-orders. The fact is people were able to secure the ps5 in the second batch online without any previous contact with GameStop therefore bypassing people who had joined the queue and payed a deposit a week prior to this.

I'm not disappointed though as I had expected this of them after seeing this from their USA branches - see at 5m10s into this video - an employee tweets he is really annoyed he didn't get to grab one for himself before customers because the manager had taken them all already and put them on ebay. They didn't even tell those queuing outside they had all been taken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWLj1cNqWOc&t=350s

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Aska wrote: »
    Just arrived in the inbox

So does this effect people who actually ordered the console (full price)? or just the people what put themselves on to the €50 queue? I had my 50 returned to my card a few days ago so no need to cancel with them.

gs.jpg

Outside of their control? They knowingly oversold the console :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

are gamestop a serious company or some backyard amateurs? How can they possibly not be able to negotiate in more shipments until 2021? I know Ireland is an island but it's not the end of the world here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Zhane wrote: »
    Outside of their control? They knowingly oversold the console :rolleyes:

Exactly what I thought. So glad I was one of the lucky ones to get in the first wave of Smyths orders rather than the GS cowboy lottery

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The_Brood wrote: »
    are gamestop a serious company or some backyard amateurs? How can they possibly not be able to negotiate in more shipments until 2021? I know Ireland is an island but it's not the end of the world here.

Sony may not have any more available. Ireland is a tiny market in the grand scheme of things.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Sony may not have any more available. Ireland is a tiny market in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah but 2021? This is simply a gaming console, not a flying car.

Yeah but 2021? This is simply a gaming console, not a flying car.

2021 is six weeks after launch.

2021 is six weeks after launch.

When they say 2021 they obviously don't mean 1st of January 2021. Or even early 2021.

When they say 2021 they obviously don't mean 1st of January 2021. Or even early 2021.

You don't know what it means. Sony may be sending 1000 consoles a week to Ireland or 5000.

They've obviously got the final numbers that Sony can guarantee now before the end of the year and are contacting everyone with a order number outside that figure.

I'm nearly 100% sure that when they opened the second round of orders they had a note that said they couldn't guarantee delivery before Christmas.

People have been putting deposits down since last year. If you were only pre-ordering now and expecting a console this year I think you were being very naive, especially with everything going on in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah they've confirmed they will work!

Great headsets but the battery life could be better

I got the Platinum one after breaking a Gold set which is made out of cheap plastic

Definitely worth the difference in price, I dont know what the newest headset will be like but the Platinum headset is so much more comfortable than the Gold and the 3D surround sound is class, hard to use regular earphones for gaming after using them

You don't know what it means. Sony may be sending 1000 consoles a week to Ireland or 5000.

They've obviously got the final numbers that Sony can guarantee now before the end of the year and are contacting everyone with a order number outside that figure.

I'm nearly 100% sure that when they opened the second round of orders they had a note that said they couldn't guarantee delivery before Christmas.

People have been putting deposits down since last year. If you were only pre-ordering now and expecting a console this year I think you were being very naive, especially with everything going on in the world.

I preordered the first day the release date was announced. Was I supposed to pre-order before I was born or something?

I think Irish customers deserve a bit more respect from Sony/Gamestop. All the big tech companies love to come to Ireland and make their business in Ireland, but then when it comes to products treat us like some unknown third world country.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think equally though, GS should have put a limit on the number of preorders they accepted. Even if they used the number of PS4 consoles they got in 2013 and stopped accepting preorders then until they got confirmation of the number of consoles they'd get. Now there are people who preordered in GS under the impression they'd get one at launch, and who likely now have to join the scramble of trying to get one when other companies open up their preorders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I preordered the first day the release date was announced. Was I supposed to pre-order before I was born or something?

I think Irish customers deserve a bit more respect from Sony/Gamestop. All the big tech companies love to come to Ireland and make their business in Ireland, but then when it comes to products treat us like some unknown third world country.

GameStop have been taking preorders since last year. Sony acknowledged the console in April 2019 and discussed specs then and GameStop started taking preorders soon after.

This is entirely on GameStop. That’s the reason why I went with Smyths and didn’t bother going near them when preorders were announced.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement