Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Just checked email so nothing there from gamestop but I pre ordered in the shop so must be just informing people who pre ordered online. Hopefully they ring people and let them know if the pre ordered in store

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Someone mentioned this earlier and I can see I can change address alright.

But seeing as they said "not available to ship to your destination" when originally ordered, would there be any chance they would cancel the order before dispatch?

Don't want to risk it if it's possible just to save a 30 second walk to the parcel motel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭dan786

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Don't want to risk it if it's possible just to save a 30 second walk to the parcel motel :D

Obviously thats easier and cheaper but the problem is that it will not fit in locker and will be oversized so will cost about 15 euros and few days wait to get it home delivered or pick up at their depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Are there going to be any of these available on launch date anywhere or are they all pre-ordered until 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭recyclops

It'll pop up in those random shops like power city and did. Harvey Norman haven't said much either and always the likes of argos abs tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Are we likely to see much more supply between the launch day and Christmas? I haven't gotten one pre ordered and hope to have one in time for Christmas, but will happily wait until the new year if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Are we likely to see much more supply between the launch day and Christmas? I haven't gotten one pre ordered and hope to have one in time for Christmas, but will happily wait until the new year if needed.

Going by gamestop today it doesn't look likely. But give smyths a call maybe and ask them if they are going to get more in

Looks like there may be a third wave

https://www.t3.com/amp/news/ps5-pre-orders-how-to-reserve-a-playstation-5-now-price-28-sept

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    There will be a couple of waves between launch and Christmas. Some shops (eg Gamestop) have oversold so the subsequent waves may already be spoken for.

Other places (eg Amazon) seem like they just took pre-orders for the number of units they are getting at launch .. meaning they will open up pre-orders again.

So you might still get one, depends how motivated you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

If only there weren’t multiple warning signs that ordering from GS was going end in tears.

Yea pretty much everyone on this thread has been warning about GS's bottomless pre-orders for months now. They have been taking €50 off people for a year now with absolutely no ****ing clue if they could guarantee them a console, they are a ****ing shambles of a company.
    recyclops wrote: »
    It'll pop up in those random shops like power city and did. Harvey Norman haven't said much either and always the likes of argos abs tesco.

I guarantee you the staff will have nicked about 95% of the consoles in places like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,454 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There will be a couple of waves between launch and Christmas. Some shops (eg Gamestop) have oversold so the subsequent waves may already be spoken for.

Other places (eg Amazon) seem like they just took pre-orders for the number of units they are getting at launch .. meaning they will open up pre-orders again.

So you might still get one, depends how motivated you are.

Argos seems the best bet since they haven't taken any preorders. Their site will be f*cking chaos though when reservations for it do open.

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    I guarantee you the staff will have nicked about 95% of the consoles in places like that.

oh yeah without a doubt, still leaves the 5% though:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,686 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Penn wrote: »
    Argos seems the best bet since they haven't taken any preorders. Their site will be f*cking chaos though when reservations for it do open.

Yeah and their site can update anywhere from midnight. It was suggested in this thread they might actually open reservations a couple of days early so worth keeping a look out but if it comes to midnight before launch, you'd want to stack up on the redbull and a new keyboard in case the f5 breaks on your first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭RedXIV

sticker wrote: »

For the Ps5 specifically, I'd hold out for a bit. They've made a big song and dance about the future of 3D audio and how they've enhanced the experience for the PS5 beyond normal surround sound. There will likely be compatible headsets on the way, but I know I'm planning to get the pulse one to fully experience this feature set.

If you're going to also use the PS4 for this headset, I'd recommend the gold headset BUT it always drops in price for the basic one to under £50 (see attached). If you want functionality beyond the playstation series, you may be better off with the HyperX though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

RedXIV wrote: »
    For the Ps5 specifically, I'd hold out for a bit. They've made a big song and dance about the future of 3D audio and how they've enhanced the experience for the PS5 beyond normal surround sound. There will likely be compatible headsets on the way, but I know I'm planning to get the pulse one to fully experience this feature set.

If you're going to also use the PS4 for this headset, I'd recommend the gold headset BUT it always drops in price for the basic one to under £50 (see attached). If you want functionality beyond the playstation series, you may be better off with the HyperX though

Cheers! Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

The manufacturers know the sales of the retailers so they provide more to those who have sold more so retailers who want second waves and more stock will get them if they have sold more units.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

When can we expect to see the first deep dives hands on look into the PS5 system? You'd expect something soon surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭orwell77

I asked in Argos yesterday and the lady told me that Sony have advised them that they won’t be sending them any unless they can do preorder like Argos.co.uk.
    She said they’ve no way of doing that (!!) so she didn’t know what the story with them was.
    She then also said Sony always say that... clear as mud so !

Just want to say thanks again to everyone here that help everyone, I managed to get a preorder on amazon thanks to the heads up here and one my friend on smyths second launch again thanks to ye all here with the refresh tips

We are both delighted

When can we expect to see the first deep dives hands on look into the PS5 system? You'd expect something soon surely?

There were rumours that Digital Foundry would be doing a breakdown but that was a while ago.

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    The manufacturers know the sales of the retailers so they provide more to those who have sold more so retailers who want second waves and more stock will get them if they have sold more units.

so what your saying is Gamestop will be getting all the ps5s in the country :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    so what your saying is Gamestop will be getting all the ps5s in the country :D:D:D:D

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,454 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Probably still wouldn't be enough to fill all the preorders they took :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Japanese YouTubers will have hands on with the PS5 from October 4th so I'm guessing sometime next week for rest of world
    https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/japanese-youtube-creators-go-hands-on-with-ps5-for-try-ps5-on-youtube-gaming-week-starting-october-4

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Japanese YouTubers will have hands on with the PS5 from October 4th so I'm guessing sometime next week for rest of world
    https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/japanese-youtube-creators-go-hands-on-with-ps5-for-try-ps5-on-youtube-gaming-week-starting-october-4

I hope they just start dropping videos via the PlayStation blog this week in prep for that, so that they can maintain control of the initial reveal.

Their marketing strategy has been so perplexing with this console.

They know they dont really need one, people will pick this up regardless

Yea it has been a new approach alright, incredibly frustrating but apparently very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Do they really need to spend much money on direct marketing though? There's enough people making livings on the likes of Youtube and blogs talking about it for them anyway.

Announce it, let people step over each other to get one and count the money come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

There's very little info for the YouTubers et al to talk about though. And one or two of them are expressing their dismay at Sony's messaging this time, even PlayStation dedicated channels. This hasn't been handled well by Sony. Just because pre-orders have sold out doesn't mean everyone is happy with their strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,970 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When sites got a XBox they let people know. Wonder if the same will happen for PS5 or are they not allowed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

I got my name on the pre order list in Gamestop on the day the PS5 went live earlier his month in Tullamore, anyone hear anything since from Gamestop? What are my chances like for before Christmas?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement