Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Actually was just thinking there with people talking about getting new tvs is burn in still an issue on the OLED screens ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Actually was just thinking there with people talking about getting new tvs is burn in still an issue on the OLED screens ?

If you don't do anything silly you should be ok to avoid screen burn on oled, u use one on my ps4 pro and no issue with screen burn and I play a lot of call of duty and no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Is it just me but I'm actually dying to see the UI, I really hope they overhaul the PS4 one a lot...

But not make it too complicated like the Xbox One...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Fieldog wrote: »
    Is it just me but I'm actually dying to see the UI, I really hope they overhaul the PS4 one a lot...

But not make it too complicated like the Xbox One...

PS4 UI is atrocious. A crime against humanity

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If you don't do anything silly you should be ok to avoid screen burn on oled, u use one on my ps4 pro and no issue with screen burn and I play a lot of call of duty and no issue

My main reason for looking at Samsung over LG with QLED instead of OLED is I use my screen on PC as well. I haven't found one OLED that says it's fully safe with this, unfortunately.

• Advertisement

My main reason for looking at Samsung over LG with QLED instead of OLED is I use my screen on PC as well. I haven't found one OLED that says it's fully safe with this, unfortunately.
    Yeah if using with a pc it might not be the best option, I watch movies as well so the lack of Dolby Vision on Samsung qled put me off them. Other then that they would be a good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

stephenl15 wrote: »
    PS4 UI is atrocious. A crime against humanity

I think the best UI was the OG 360 blades, the PS3 was pish, the PS4 was much better (IMO) and I thought the Xbox One was so convoluted in comparison to the PS4, took about 6 clicks to get to where you needed...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭consulatory

Pre-booked a PS5 digital edition in the last couple days but now having doubts about whether it's worth it.
    I'm a casual gamer btw(0 interest in the Fifas etc.)
    Biggest concern is the freakin' size of it, the potential noise factor & the lack of next gen games.

Asking myself if it's worth 400.

But it will be what, maybe 2/3 years before smaller version comes out.

Might just get it for the increased load time/increased FPS.

Playing Warzone on Slim on 4k v(even though its 1080 scaled up) isn't a great experience. Dropping frames galore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

Fieldog wrote: »
    I think the best UI was the OG 360 blades, the PS3 was pish, the PS4 was much better (IMO) and I thought the Xbox One was so convoluted in comparison to the PS4, took about 6 clicks to get to where you needed...

Anything seemed like an improvement after that unremovable SingStar icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Pre-booked a PS5 digital edition in the last couple days but now having doubts about whether it's worth it.
    I'm a casual gamer btw(0 interest in the Fifas etc.)
    Biggest concern is the freakin' size of it, the potential noise factor & the lack of next gen games.

Asking myself if it's worth 400.

But it will be what, maybe 2/3 years before smaller version comes out.

Might just get it for the increased load time/increased FPS.

Playing Warzone on Slim on 4k v(even though its 1080 scaled up) isn't a great experience. Dropping frames galore.

If you'd be fine with 1080p/1440p/upscaled to 4K at 60-120fps, then the Series S might be good for you. It's the cheapest next-gen experience and you can dip in and out with gamepass, so you don't need to commit to buying games if you want to focus on PS5 for exclusives down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anything seemed like an improvement after that unremovable SingStar icon.

I used the ps3 again recently and it was absolutely horrible. The ps4 was okay but even with the pro, i was getting serious lag just moving around the menus. Hopefully the store sees a big improvement. They already improved the search but can still make it a lot better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

TBH the SSD should make the user experience so much nicer even if the UI hasn’t been majorly overhauled. The difference in a PC boot up between a HDD and SSD is perhaps the best quality of life difference one can make for a machine. The PS4 boot up is still slow and clunky, so it should be much quicker and more responsive in the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

I loved the PS3 UI, it was always left or right then up or down depending on what you need. Found the ps4s buggy and laggy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Kremin wrote: »
    I loved the PS3 UI, it was always left or right then up or down depending on what you need. Found the ps4s buggy and laggy

I loved the PS3 when it got cracked and you could go to town on it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cant say I ever found anything really wrong with either the PS3 or PS4 UIs. I'm mostly hoping for much quicker PS Store and trophy syncing. Particularly im hoping trophies pop immediately rather than the few seconds delay there currently is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Once it's nothing like the Xbox One UI, it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Kremin wrote: »

PS3 is the best console ever imo. It had EVERYTHING, I had so many albums and films/tv on it, not to mention the amazing games during it's last few years, it was the perfect console.

What games are folks planning on getting at launch?

Thinking Miles Morales as a maybe and Cyberpunk as a definite (to take advantage of the upgrade in 2021)

Also the PS Plus Collection looks fairly decent to be able to go back and play missed classics while the generation gets going

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Spider-Man Miles Morales: Ultimate Ed (€20 for one original game remastered is worth it, even though I've finished it), Cyberpunk and AC: Valhalla.

And of course Astro's Playroom which should be a great free game!

Anyone ask Smyths if you have selected click and collect from your local store and there is another lockdown will we get the chance to change our order to home delivery? I know some will say it's unlikely but hey it's 2020 the year that keeps on giving! God only knows what's around the corner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Anyone ask Smyths if you have selected click and collect from your local store and there is another lockdown will we get the chance to change our order to home delivery? I know some will say it's unlikely but hey it's 2020 the year that keeps on giving! God only knows what's around the corner!

Most likely they'll still do click and collect and move the collection point to the front of the shop (which they did previously).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Will most likely pick up Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Cyberpunk, but also, at the risk of my relationship with the missus, gonna get Overcooked: All You Can Eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Godfall, Spiderman Ultimate Edition (I've plat'd it, but I'd give it another go) and Valhalla probably. I'm holding onto Cyberpunk for the PS5 version. I'm not good to replay most games, so I want to experience it in all its glory next year. Tough decision, but the right one for me I think. Saying that, i'll probably cave and get it at some point, hope it's as good as The Witcher 3 for replayability (second to the Legacy of Kain series for replays for me).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

When can I start pre ordering digital editions for my digital edition :D

PS4 sold this weekend along with the heap of games and extras. I don't think I'll bother with a second pad just yet, but will probably get the wireless headset. Kind of a shame the dongle isn't built in to the console or the joypad this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Board Walker

I'm still disgruntled! I signed up to Gamestop PS5 updates and go no email about pre orders and their pre order list sold out in 2 hours. Not impressed! I don't even want it at launch, Christmas will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm still disgruntled! I signed up to Gamestop PS5 updates and go no email about pre orders and their pre order list sold out in 2 hours. Not impressed! I don't even want it at launch, Christmas will do!

Gamestop gave been taking pre-orders for most of the year? Not sure why you needed an email?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Board Walker

No? They took them for 2 hours. So i was told when i rang last week.

Smiths had more pre order allocations on Saturday but all gone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

No? They took them for 2 hours. So i was told when i rang last week.

Smiths had more pre order allocations on Saturday but all gone again.

GameStop have been taking pre orders for PS5 since October 2019

Keep an eye on the twitter pages of Smyths etc for more stock. Your most likely looking at early 2021 at this stage though

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

Hi All

I have paid for PS5 preorder with Argos UK( Seemed to hit it at the right time Friday morning as I didnt even have a accout set up) and manged to get one from Smyths as well. ( This was always my preferred option. ) Before I cancel the Argos one . I have a couple of questions .If i was to offer it to someone on the forum (if anyone was interested ). How could i do it in such a way that we are both protected. I know it would be easier to just cancel it but I know alot of people are trying to get one for Christmas . No extra charge. Thanks for advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Get a laugh before its removed. Seller joined a queue and selling for 1200 and is convinced they bought it second it went live and is confirmed for day 1.

http://www.adverts.ie/21672902

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement