Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The_Brood wrote: »
    I preordered the first day the release date was announced. Was I supposed to pre-order before I was born or something?

I think Irish customers deserve a bit more respect from Sony/Gamestop. All the big tech companies love to come to Ireland and make their business in Ireland, but then when it comes to products treat us like some unknown third world country.

There was probably 10s of thousands of pre-orders already placed at that stage in Ireland.

Gamestop may have been ordered 50,000 consoles for before Christmas and now Sony are only telling them they'll have 20,000 for them.

We don't know what's happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

The €50 deposit was also significantly more than what other retailers wanted. It is disappointing for them to say this was due to circumstances beyond their control. They should have set some (any) kind of a limit on the numbers they would take. I wonder how much damage this will do to Game Stop’s reputation? I personally refuse to buy anything off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

All that GS email means is that it will be selling for ridiculous amounts on Adverts/Donedeal. I am sure there's thousands who were in queue looking to get it for Xmas etc but now will have to look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

If only there weren’t multiple warning signs that ordering from GS was going end in tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

loughrey wrote: »
    Sold me Xbox and a few games today at Cex before any price drop. Nice with my store that they paid me cash on the spot, no waiting for bank transfers

I left in the pro in CEX yesterday, did it all on the app. Dropped it in about 2 and was out in under a minute. Got a text that it was gone to finance about 4 yesterday and money arrived in Revolut this morning .... super fast. I’m PS-less for 7 weeks but I’ll catch up on the switch knowing a great chunk of the PS5 is paid for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,604 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

They knew what they were doing. Take unlimited orders with 50 euro up front. Then turn around and say they don't know why Sony didn't supply the 1 million PS5's they wanted. Then people getting refunds when they didn't ask, they probably thought they didn't have to worry about their PS5 and now they're **** out of luck. I'm sure there's parents and people who aren't quite clued in will accept the 2021 date and paying 50 euro for the privilege when Argos will have consoles on launch day and who knows where else.

They should have done the same as smyths, amazon, etc. Open preorders when Sony say and close them when their allocation is full. Then open a 2nd one Sony allowed again. But no, Gamestop are special.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

Zambian wrote: »
    Hi All

I have paid for PS5 preorder with Argos UK( Seemed to hit it at the right time Friday morning as I didnt even have a accout set up) and manged to get one from Smyths as well. ( This was always my preferred option. ) Before I cancel the Argos one . I have a couple of questions .If i was to offer it to someone on the forum (if anyone was interested ). How could i do it in such a way that we are both protected. I know it would be easier to just cancel it but I know alot of people are trying to get one for Christmas . No extra charge. Thanks for advice.

Just posting this here again as I am not sure anyone saw it.( Or they did and thought i wasn't genuine. )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

GameStop have been taking preorders since last year. Sony acknowledged the console in April 2019 and discussed specs then and GameStop started taking preorders soon after.

This is entirely on GameStop. That’s the reason why I went with Smyths and didn’t bother going near them when preorders were announced.

And I don't know all these things, but with GameStop charging 50 for a place in a que, plus them being an actual game retailer rather than general kids toys, I for sure would have expected them to have closer ties to Sony's allocations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Haven't gotten them "soz, not soz" email from gamestop yet but then I put a deposit down in Feb in store so no idea how it works for me anyway. Am due to hit my store on thursday anyway for young lads birthday so will see what they reckon when I get there.

Actually glad I've already paid it off because just got notice from my mechanic the car needs €550 worth of work on it and I can tell you my wife would be giving filthy looks spending 500 quid straight after that on a console :D

Also, only catching up now, but the person looking at the PS4 gold headset, they reguarly reduce in price down to £50, I wouldn't buy one for 80/90 when they drop 4 or 5 times a year. But agree that they are a great headset

• Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Might have to try source another ps5 for a relative, so have to throw myself back into the sh*tshow of trying to preorder...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

GameStop have been taking preorders since last year. Sony acknowledged the console in April 2019 and discussed specs then and GameStop started taking preorders soon after.

This is entirely on GameStop. That’s the reason why I went with Smyths and didn’t bother going near them when preorders were announced.
    yup I pre ordered in December gone. I better check my work email when I get home but maybe there only contacting people who placed their deposit online at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

For anyone who ordered from Amazon uk and had to use parcel motel because they wouldn’t ship to Ireland you can now manually change the shipping address to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭recyclops

Gamestop are the biggest bunch of cowboys going.

Evilbart wrote: »
    For anyone who ordered from Amazon uk and had to use parcel motel because they wouldn’t ship to Ireland you can now manually change the shipping address to Ireland.

Did that change the total to reflect Irish VAT? And also is the delivery date still 19th?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Anybody know if the guy from Adverts is still taking offers of €1,200?

Otherwise he's the only person I hope got cancelled on.

Berty wrote: »
    Anybody know if the guy from Adverts is still taking offers of €1,200?

Otherwise he's the only person I hope got cancelled on.

Ridiculous pricing and he was convinced that he will get it on 19th and his order was fully confirmed etc.

I also hope it got cancelled/delayed.

I dont mind extra 100-200 for an out of stock + high demand item but 700 is ridiculous.

I'm not being given the option to change yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I'm getting sick of these sites being so bad. Had one from a game in my basket. Says log in to get your reward points. Log in, basket empty. Wtf? Went back all sold out.

I am really wondering how many units Sony will shift. If there are so few available they must be running into some serious issues.

dan786 wrote: »
    Did that change the total to reflect Irish VAT? And also is the delivery date still 19th?

Yes changed the price slightly but still cheaper than using parcel motel as the ps5 will not fit in the parcel motel lockers. Also if using parcel motel would be very advisable to upgrade your insurance costs for lost packages. These ps5’s will be highly sort after and recognisable in transport. If you change your address to Ireland at least you have peace of mind Amazon will cover any loss or damage in transit.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'm not being given the option to change yet.

Are you on mobile?
    I had to log in on pc and edit order then it gave me the option to change to my Irish address. It only offered standard deliver 3-4 days even though I have Amazon prime subscription. Although this was the same case with the PS4 and I received it on release day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Will a PS5 coming from Smyth's in the UK have any problems working over here? PSN Codes or anything??

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Will a PS5 coming from Smyth's in the UK have any problems working over here? PSN Codes or anything??

nope, codes like that go by your profile's region

Most PS5s are console only(on release) with no downloadble items with it, so shouldn't be an issue. Log in with your own PSN id and you're good to go. Its not the end of the world having different PSNs either. I've a UK one as well, my current ps plus is on my UK account, shared with Irish, because the UK folk get much cheaper offers than us here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭recyclops

Kinda funny loads of kids/boyfriends etc getting ious for Christmas now.

Nope get all my consoles and games from Amazon. You pick your country during set up and uk have same power source so never had a problemðŸ‘

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Nope get all my consoles and games from Amazon. You pick your country during set up and uk have same power source so never had a problemðŸ‘

Cheers Berty and Evilbart ....... just that another poster mentioned having a problem with PSN Codes on a PS4 coming from the UK. I haven't a clue myself, it's a Xmas present for my son so I didn't want any problems on the day.

Cheers Berty and Evilbart ....... just that another poster mentioned having a problem with PSN Codes on a PS4 coming from the UK. I haven't a clue myself, it's a Xmas present for my son so I didn't want any problems on the day.

It was me who mentioned it. It was my ps4 from game.co.uk that came with UK only game codes. I set up my UK PSN with a second gmail account use that to download them, sign back in with irish psn and play them. Few mins extra work.

Have had PS4s/Xbox Ones from all across EU and UK all codes worked fine here. Even if they dont, all you need to do is change country on system and it works - had to do that with a Brazil region code for Xbox live.

Are you on mobile?
    I had to log in on pc and edit order then it gave me the option to change to my Irish address. It only offered standard deliver 3-4 days even though I have Amazon prime subscription. Although this was the same case with the PS4 and I received it on release day.

Yes had tried on the mobile. Will check on the PC tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I can change my Amazon delivery address there now alright, but I have to change the delivery type to 3-5 day standard delivery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement