Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Danny552

Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War.

Is it meant to be any good ? I thought they were bringing back modern warfare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Danny552 wrote: »

The Alpha wasn't great but I'm hopeful for the full game

Modern warfare reboot was last year

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Danny552 wrote: »

If you haven't played a CoD in a few years, it'll probably be good, but to me the Alpha felt like a reskin for the MW reboot last November. That's strictly from a multyplayer point of view, if you play for the campaign I've no idea what it'll be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Seen this offer on the GameStop website also.

"Get 50% off new Games when you bring in one game from our trade list."

It only mentions Xbox Series X / S though. I wonder if PS5 games apply also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

shrewdness wrote: »
    I'm in two minds whether to get Demons Souls or not. I've never played a Souls game and the talk of how hard they are is putting me off! But the game looks incredible and I see loads of people singing it's praises, and it's the one truly big next gen exclusive game for PS5 at launch.

This is supposedly a primer for people who haven't played the original (I haven't watched the video yet, so don't know how useful it is).

Also @mods, can we start a new separate thread for those of us who haven't played the original before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Went with launch PS3 and PS4. Kinda feel it'll take a year for PS5 to really separate itself from previous gen. I'm running a Pro so have enuf to be getting on with.

Both launch units died on me too so that's prob at back of my mind. Will see what the first PES/Madden efforts are like on PS5, prob pull trigger before Xmas 2021.

Enjoy all who have one lined up for launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Precisely. The PS4 version will have some sort of boost when played on PS5 until the full next gen version is released, but what exactly that boost will be hasn’t been detailed yet :)

How would this work with the digital PS5? Is it available to buy on the PS5 at launch but it will be the PS4 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    ]

Also @mods, can we start a new separate thread for those of us who haven't played the original before?

Ain't no mod but started a thread for it on the games forum.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058116792/1/#post114739412

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ain't no mod but started a thread for it on the games forum.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058116792/1/#post114739412

Thou art the Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

How many games will the digital console be able to hold, my friends ps4 has two games and the hdd is full! Says he can't update cod due to no space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Phil.x wrote: »
    How many games will the digital console be able to hold, my friends ps4 has two games and the hdd is full! Says he can't update cod due to no space.

The average game will average somewhere between 40–50GB. Unless it's Call of Duty coming in around 200GB. The good thing about the PS5 is it comes with 825GB SSD hard drive.

If your internet is shítty then this could become a PITA once you have a decent sized collection of game however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Depends on what's installed.

PS5: Size of the launch games

Demon's Souls: 66gb
    Spider-Man Miles Morales: 55gb
    Spider-Man Moral Miles Ultimate Edition: 105GB

The SSD in the PS5 is 825GB and I'm not sure if the Operating System space
    has been included in that figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

If you haven't played a CoD in a few years, it'll probably be good, but to me the Alpha felt like a reskin for the MW reboot last November. That's strictly from a multyplayer point of view, if you play for the campaign I've no idea what it'll be like.

I love where they're going with it. They fixed a lot of the silly things that Infinity Ward changed with Modern Warfare that turned it into a really slow camp fest, such as bringing back the mini map to end the low cautious play, brought back three-lane maps, got rid of all the camp friendly windows, increased time to kill so you don't get instantly killed, increased health, and got rid of the killstreak system the encouraged camping and kill whoring on objective games. I'm really hopeful this year. The Alpha wasn't great but it is an alpha, not even a beta, and shows the great potential it has. Self expect it to play better on the PS5 as the game as it was developed using the PS5 and wasn't properly optimised for the PS4 and many believe the was a big issue with the Alpha

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Kamu

Also, they say that the game downloads can be adaptive, as in if the game has single player, multiplayer online platform, etc, you can pick and choose which to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

dubmick wrote: »
    Pre-ordered with GameStop on the 17th of September. Nothing came off my PayPal and no email or history of it on my account. What is the chances of getting this before Christmas? No idea what happened.

Same for me. She just linked the order to another account as they were having trouble with the system. I rang during the week as there was no order showing up online. My pre order is there, it’s just under another account. Ring them with your detail to make sure.

Edit - sorry I just read you made a mistake - ignore the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I spotted this earlier on and got excited, thought €180 + my Pro and some games was a great offer.

DeB06R9.jpg

But then I started reading this thread and realised it'd be unlikely I'd actually get the PS5 before xmas from GS :/.

Grand. I got €234 for my Pro in CEX on Friday. I still have a DS4 to sell as well.

bazzz wrote: »
    Depends on what's installed.

PS5: Size of the launch games

Demon's Souls: 66gb
    Spider-Man Miles Morales: 55gb
    Spider-Man Moral Miles Ultimate Edition: 105GB

The SSD in the PS5 is 825GB and I'm not sure if the Operating System space
    has been included in that figure.
    Most people (incl Sony) are using mixed units when talking about game and SSD size. It makes the storage situation seem a little bit better than it actually is.

For example, when they say Miles Morales Ultimate is 105GB, they actually mean GiB. Gibibyte, not gigabyte.

The SSD size using these units is 768GiB. This is the total size, before any reserved space.

It is not only Sony who does it. Storage vendors (HDD/SSD) have always used GB when advertising their products. It's why a 1TB HDD immediately goes to 930GB when you stick it in your computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Grand. I got €234 for my Pro in CEX on Friday. I still have a DS4 to sell as well.

What did you sell with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Have to say I'm not too excited with most of the PS5 launch titles. More Spiderman, more Demons Souls etc. Nothing too original for the launch?

I would have pre-ordered a PS5 anyway, but forgot to check at the right time for the extra Smyths units, so looks like I have to wait either way. AC Valhalla does look cool though - I would take that had I secured a unit.

One game that is pretty exciting is the Hogwarts game :D but that doesn't have a release date as of yet... Equally would be excited to play R6 Siege on PS5.

Anyway, I guess I can look forward to Cyberpunk on PS4, and that should presumably keep me busy as things develop and settle a little for PS5. Presumably there will be bundles a little down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,923 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

What did you sell with it?

It was probably voucher as they are currently giving that amount as a voucher for a pro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Reckon I'll have to get an extra ssd, have a 1tb pro and still deleting games to install new ones ha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

petes wrote: »
    Reckon I'll have to get an extra ssd, have a 1tb pro and still deleting games to install new ones ha

You will be a while waiting for compatible PS5 SSDs, you need to make sure they are ones whitelisted by Sony, and they aren't out until around December anyway and could cost half the price of the machine...

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Have to say I'm not too excited with most of the PS5 launch titles. More Spiderman, more Demons Souls etc. Nothing too original for the launch?
    It's always the way at launch in the modern era. PS4 was no better. Games just take so long to make. Nobody wants to spend 4 years making a brilliant original game and then release it on a system with no install base yet.

It's why we're seeing remasters (cheap to make) and cross-gen titles. It'll be a few years before next-gen really gets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Fieldog wrote: »
    You will be a while waiting for compatible PS5 SSDs, you need to make sure they are ones whitelisted by Sony, and they aren't out until around December anyway and could cost half the price of the machine...

Yeah, I know, will just have to manage until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaydrum22

Will we be getting two ps5 games out the gate with ps plus? Wish sony would clarify some stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭micks_address

Sorry for not reading the thread. What's he chances of picking up a ps5 in December? Not to pushed about launch day
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

jaydrum22 wrote: »
    Will we be getting two ps5 games out the gate with ps plus? Wish sony would clarify some stuff

Nothing confirmed but highly doubt it. Ps plus monthly releases are nearly always at least a year old minimum, so doubt we see any untill well into next year. Might be the odd exception (eg. Indie type title like Fall Guys)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Sorry for not reading the thread. What's he chances of picking up a ps5 in December? Not to pushed about launch day
    Thanks,
    Mick

They seem to be sold out everywhere right now which is more likely just to generate more interest. I am sure they will release more to the shops to take advantage of the Xmas interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,923 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

jaydrum22 wrote: »

With how slow Sony are to announce anything, I'd say we won't find out until they announce November's games for PS4 something during last week of October. I could see them keeping the PS4 free games since they will be backwards compatible, I can't see them giving PS5 games straight away, maybe next year. They could add Games to the instant collection every month but wouldn't that be the same as giving free PS4 games?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Nothing confirmed but highly doubt it. Ps plus monthly releases are nearly always at least a year old minimum, so doubt we see any untill well into next year. Might be the odd exception (eg. Indie type title like Fall Guys)

There were two free games consistently from when the PS4 launched (Resogun - maybe still the best PS Plus game of them all! - was available on launch day, plus Contrast).

That said, their PS Plus collection may be a way to get around that for a while, even if they do intend to keep the two games a month model. To be fair, nothing they could offer would be superior to Bloodborne - especially if there’s any sort of backwards compatibility performance boost ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement