Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

While I agree when people like Jim Cornette say it's a shame that a lot of American wrestling territories died off in the 80s (because it broke the feeder system), I have to say that they really did it to themselves. The presentation on a lot of those old USWA shows, for example, is god awful. Grungy and lacking in energy. Joint Promotions/World of Sport nearer our own neck of the woods wasn't much better. The WWF stuff of the time just looked much sharper and more cutting edge.

I remember renting this USWA VHS in the 90s and thinking, "What the hell is this?", and not in a good way.

51pudhoxpNL._SX342_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think we have this one and volume 2 somewhere at home
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-USWA-Vol-1/dp/B0036QA62M

• Registered Users Posts: 37,972 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Be sad to see no wwe live events/house shows here if it's true about them stopping

Possibly they will keep them for international tours and stop doing them in the states

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I would say once large gathering of people are allowed again and a vaccine is available the WWE will do international tours for sure.

They probably do need to give there own home market a rest for a while and get fans excited for them when they do returned to live events.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

PTH2009 wrote: »

It's a dead link but I'm gonna assume you're on about the Boneyard Plaque with the dirt that AJ was buried in

And the answer is hell yes

Just heard Bruce Prichard recount the time that Yokozuna allegedly ate 40-50 deep fried turkey rumps at a barbeque place all the wrestlers went to. With mayonnaise. Now, it's not that I don't like fried food, but that sounds like the most disgustingly greasy meal of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

briany wrote: »
    Just heard Bruce Prichard recount the time that Yokozuna allegedly ate 40-50 deep fried turkey rumps at a barbeque place all the wrestlers went to. With mayonnaise. Now, it's not that I don't like fried food, but that sounds like the most disgustingly greasy meal of all time.

It really does. Turkey ass, as he called it, or turkey tail, is basically a gland filled with oil that the turkey uses to preen its feathers. Disguisting, but a huge dish in Samoa apparently

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It really does. Turkey ass, as he called it, or turkey tail, is basically a gland filled with oil that the turkey uses to preen its feathers. Disguisting, but a huge dish in Samoa apparently

Yeah, I didn't want to repeat what Prichard said because he made it sound like you're eating the literal poop (and pee) chute of the turkey, which would be even worse again.

Pity about Yokozuna. Never liked him much as a wrestler, but he seemed like a nice laid-back guy in the couple of post-WWF interviews I've seen with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I don't know why, but the fact Chris Jericho is married with kids really surprised me

Always had him pegged as a guy on his own, esp with how busy he is between wrestling, podcasts and music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

I don't know why, but the fact Chris Jericho is married with kids really surprised me

Always had him pegged as a guy on his own, esp with how busy he is between wrestling, podcasts and music

I read recently that his son is training to be a wrestler

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Luke Gallows is only 36 years old

he looks way older

he looks way older

He was very young when he debuted in the WWE something like 21.

Also crazy to think that the The Straight Edge Society faction is 11 years old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

he looks way older

He looks way younger now than he did 10 years ago I'll tell you that for nothin

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Otis is annoying. There, I said it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Omackeral wrote: »

I don't get the popularity either.

His finishing move is the worst since The Worm by Scotty 2 Hotty. He can't work the mic at all. His in-ring ability is average at best.

The Mandy storyline is ok but Sonya Deville is going to be the breakout star of that, I think she's awesome.

Omackeral wrote: »

His character is a mix of Festus,Eugene and Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Hes an innocent soul but it could be hard for him to get out of that character in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

JR comes across so badly on that podcast he does with Conrad.

Such an angry man. Very common. So resentful and vulgar in his manner.

I love how he tries to play up to being the tough old guy now. Tough my arse, he was bullied and controlled for years by real men in every avenue of the biz that he worked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

JR phones it in on that podcast something fierce. Instead of taking us through the mind of JR 20 years ago he just dismisses everything using today's standards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

JR phones everything in these days he gets away with it because of his legacy

One exception was his call for Cody/Dustin which was very good except for that he’s phoned it in for many many years

Dynamite is a lot better without him on commentary

The Roman Reigns stuff going around is fairly intriguing

Who would of guessed 'the next big thing' is in danger of getting booted out of the wwe

Fairly low by Vince and/or whoever's else is concerned tbh especially with Roman's health issues the past few years

The Roman Reigns stuff going around is fairly intriguing

Who would of guessed 'the next big thing' is in danger of getting booted out of the wwe

What’s this?

Editing him out of WWE history just adds another petty string to Vince already very petty bow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's nonsense. He has his greatest Mania moments show airing on Fox tonight. WWE have been uploading matches of his on Youtube over the last few days. WWE twitter were retweeting him a few hours ago.

Where is this weird narrative coming from?

J. Marston wrote: »
    It's nonsense. He has his greatest Mania moments show airing on Fox tonight. WWE have been uploading matches of his on Youtube over the last few days. WWE twitter were retweeting him a few hours ago.

Where is this weird narrative coming from?

This and other sites

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/5394703/roman-reigns-wwe-edited-mcmahon/

The Sun. They’d never lie or embellish a story. Absolute rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

its one of those things were they know stories about wwe being weird or dicks like they have been so many times in the past gets more clicks

a wrestler not being mentioned while not on the show is a normal enough

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lol.

If you are using the Scum as a reputable news source bro, give your head a shake. This is the same crew that reported that Roman Reigns was going to be "The New Undertaker", taking on his powers and becoming the Deadman, after absorbing his spirit.

Ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

https://youtu.be/grzwGZ8d8Hg

Seems there's a few noticing him being edited out of stuff

Advertisement