Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

everytime i see one of these all I can think of is who gives the order to the intern to tweet for vince

and of course the shane tweet for his birthday

https://twitter.com/VinceMcMahon/status/1258396660574674944?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

WWE and their selective editing is odd

We’ve all heard of Reigns being cut out of Rollins winning the title in a clip from Raw, micromanaging to the nth degree

Yet watching the WWE Untold on Sting, I dont when this first aired, you can actually hear the clip of Rollins saying ‘thank you so much’ to Reigns while pinning him, even though i believe that was cut from the full WM31 edit a long time ago to my knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 11,181 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

The whole reigns WWE thing is gas.
    WWE loves to go on about "we're a family" and all this anti bullying. But yet don't play ball even if out of legitimate health reasons and you'll be buried.

It isn't shocking. We've all heard of the environment over the years. The best one that comes to mind, and I cannot remember the wrestler in question who said it, but it was around 10 years ago and said wrestler said that you can be asked on your days off to go travel and do some radio show. Decline and they will punish you.

Says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I can understand Vince's obsession with "BEEF".

Gargano looked like a child wrestling Dijakovic this week. Adam Cole is 5'8 at most. Casual fans aren't gonna be impressed with guys who are only a head taller than the ring ropes.

Guys like Drew are a spectacle.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    I can understand Vince's obsession with "BEEF".

Gargano looked like a child wrestling Dijakovic this week. Adam Cole is 5'8 at most. Casual fans aren't gonna be impressed with guys who are only a head taller than the ring ropes.

Guys like Drew are a spectacle.

Vanilla midgets the pair of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,181 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

DifferentCoarseCivet-mobile.jpg

Came across a video of Madusa in WCW back in 1999. I remember watching her at the time and thinking she was "old" (The joys of being a stupid kid huh?) but now I look at her and go wow...

She was quite the stunner. Shame about the whole throwing the women's belt in the thrash. Am sure she would have went back to WWE when WCW was bought as she would have only been 37 at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brock has never held a minor title in the WWE only the World and Universal titles.

I'd love to see him comeback and take the IC belt and a tag belt.

Feck it even have him hold all the titles on both brands at once.

Let Paul E announce he is coming back on a hunt for all the titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Trying to think what his Santina type name could be

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Brock has never held a minor title in the WWE only the World and Universal titles.

I'd love to see him comeback and take the IC belt and a tag belt.

Feck it even have him hold all the titles on both brands at once.

Let Paul E announce he is coming back on a hunt for all the titles.

Brock was shot to the main event so quick he didn't have time to win a minor belt and at this stage holding a title lower than the world championship would be a serious downgrade for him.

Now holding all the championships on both brands would be a different thing. If he won the Universal, WWE, I.C and US Championships and then came out with them all the time it would be a sight to see, but then you'd have to come up with a way for him to lose all the titles without looking too bad either.

Brock and Shelton re-team as the The Minnesota Wrecking Crew so the tag belts.

• Advertisement

Thought this was interesting from punk as its something ive been thinking about a lot lately.

can you separate the person from the character like id agree i cannot watch a benoit match or anything without thinking about what he did but can watch a hogan thing knowing hes piece of crap but even stuff like jericho talking about coronavirus being a conspiracy at the start of all this but i can separate that from his character

is there anyone that you just cant separate character from the person

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1259571034358984704?s=20

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1259572965311688704?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well not for any different views because that's their own business.

I put more stock in how a wrestler interacts with fans and how they come across in interviews. I'll be more willing to be a fan of whatever they are doing and not hate it even when it's bad and I should by right hate it. Like Otis for example. It's clear he's a good guy and funny. Mandy rose is another who I like to see doing well because to look at her you'd form a certain opinion of her but any interview I've seen or heard she's underneath it a nice person and has huge up side and potential in the ring.

And I don't actively watch Chris Benoit matches but IF I do happen to be watched someone on the network I'm more likely to not skip it if it's a multi person thing involving him. I'd be likely to skip it if it's 1-on-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Otis is a just a fat Santino.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

The whole reigns WWE thing is gas.
    WWE loves to go on about "we're a family" and all this anti bullying. But yet don't play ball even if out of legitimate health reasons and you'll be buried.

It isn't shocking. We've all heard of the environment over the years. The best one that comes to mind, and I cannot remember the wrestler in question who said it, but it was around 10 years ago and said wrestler said that you can be asked on your days off to go travel and do some radio show. Decline and they will punish you.

Says it all.

That's how it is, and that's how it's always been in WWE. Well since Vince jr. took over, anyway.

But wrestlers put themselves in that position a bit, too. Wrestling has become so much more like Hollywood in the last two decades in that you have all these people where their dream is to make it, and they'll jump through every hoop not only to get there but to stay there. Hence your days off.... are not really your days off if Vince so decides.

More wrestlers should stand up for themselves. I realise that this is a profoundly 'easier said than done' kind of thing to say, but sometimes WWE sounds like such an unfulfilling and demanding environment for talent that I think they might be happier if they tell Vince where to go and take the consequences of that. Hell, he's such an oddball that this might make him respect them more. It's been true of a lot of recent wrestlers that the making of them has really been to go to Japan or onto the indy circuit before being asked to come back to WWE on more favourable terms.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Otis is a just a fat Santino.

an extremely entertaining character who got over with the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

sky88 wrote: »

yeah pretty much.

I want to see an interaction between Asuka and Otis just to see if anyone can figure what they're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I can't see any way a program between Otis and Braun/Drew is a success so surely he doesn't cash in while they're champions.

Adam Cole?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

sky88 wrote: »

If the definition of "over" is now so loose that it stretches to Otis then I think it's time we find a new word.

• Advertisement

I could easily see Becky leaving because she's pregnant being the start of a change in how long women's wrestlers stay full time in WWE. I can see charlotte announcing she is pregnant within the next year, and that being her done full time. I mean the 4HM have elevated women's wrestling in WWE to places it's never been and one is married, one is pregnant and the other two are engaged so it's hardly a stretch to say all four could be gone from WWE within the next couple of years.

I say all that because trish stratus has two kids but from what she's said it wasn't as easy as she assumed it would be. And lots of female wrestlers put family on the back burner and many of them don't have kids including some high profile ones. I could be wrong but I don't see this current generation doing that.

Charlotte waiting 9 months till Becky has her kid before getting pregnant herself gives her plenty of time to to beat Ric's record.

9 months 5 title reigns is doable.

Charlotte waiting 9 months till Becky has her kid before getting pregnant herself gives her plenty of time to to beat Ric's record.

9 months 5 title reigns is doable.

9 months sure she won it twice in a short period of time when she was feuding with Sasha banks in 2016 so five in nine months ? A doddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't know how true it is but I remember reading somewhere that Asuka has two children. Some undertaking if she does, moving to America and working a full-time schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

She has at least one kid around 11 or 12 I think

J. Marston wrote: »
    Don't know how true it is but I remember reading somewhere that Asuka has two children. Some undertaking if she does, moving to America and working a full-time schedule.
    Pentecost wrote: »
    She has at least one kid around 11 or 12 I think

The only place I'd ever heard it was apparently Stephanie mentioned that asuka was a mother but I've never seen a link to where she said it. I assume the child is living in the US with her.

I hadn't even heard a guess of an age.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tamina has kids too

Becky beat Ronda to it again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The only place I'd ever heard it was apparently Stephanie mentioned that asuka was a mother but I've never seen a link to where she said it. I assume the child is living in the US with her.

I hadn't even heard a guess of an age.

I definitely saw some clip of her with her daughter at one stage. God knows where at this stage.

Pentecost wrote: »
    I definitely saw some clip of her with her daughter at one stage. God knows where at this stage.

I'm not saying she doesn't have a child but like you say it's not like there are many clips of it.

• Advertisement

She retired from wrestling in her mid 20's ( A bit like Becky) for about two years near the start if her career so she may well have had children then who would be in their teens now.

Advertisement