Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't see either of those guys going far.

Did that ring announcer say "One fall to the curfew"?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Don't see either of those guys going far.

Did that ring announcer say "One fall to the curfew"?

Yes he did. It's similar to "one fall and remaining television time." There was a curfew in place for sport in that area years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,309 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Bret’s career hadn’t ended in WCW with the concussion would Vince have offered him a deal when he bought out WCW and would Bret have agreed?

Also how much would an active Bret in WWE offered during the Ruthless Aggression era.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If Bret’s career hadn’t ended in WCW with the concussion would Vince have offered him a deal when he bought out WCW and would Bret have agreed?

Also how much would an active Bret in WWE offered during the Ruthless Aggression era.

Interesting observation and something I never really thought of

Its possible Bret would of retired just before WCW was bought by Vince or maybe went the route of others running down his contract and coming back to wwe later on (the ghosts of the screwjob would of still haunted him back then)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

God a returning Bret vs returning hbk in with Vince involved god that would have been epic

Then the obvious dream match With kurt too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

A heel crusty Bret trying to ward off the young upstarts would have been great.

Or a hard as nails face Bret warding off the **** kicker young upstarts. Works either way. :pac:

Is there a bigger bull****ter in professional wrestling than Bruce Prichard?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

He is an absolute tool.

Haha what a statement given that it's in regards to pro wrestling but he's certainly up there. I do find when he doubles down on a WWE idea that was **** but saying it was good annoying.

Most people in the wrestling industry are bullsh**ers especially when you add in a podcast/shows

• Advertisement

Got to give it to him he used Conrad's platform to get himself back into a position of power within the WWE after there was little to no chance he would ever get a gig there again and being totally irrelevant.

These boys know how to look after themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

A pretty random thought but I can’t listen to JRs podcast anymore and have unfollowed him on Twitter. The reason being he is such an overtly creepy lecherous Pervy scumbag

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Big Dave Meltzy?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »
    Most people in the wrestling industry are bullsh**ers especially when you add in a podcast/shows

And newsletters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

Bro, there is NO bigger bullshi**er in wrestling than Bruce Prichard, bro. I swea-ah to gawd.

TimesArrow wrote: »
    A pretty random thought but I can’t listen to JRs podcast anymore and have unfollowed him on Twitter. The reason being he is such an overtly creepy lecherous Pervy scumbag

I’ve found myself doing that a lot with wrestlers lately not the creepy but just questionsble likes on Twitter always stuff I know I’ll stop liking them so choose to be oblivious to the real them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I would like to throw Mr. Eric "I don't recall" Bischoff's name into the hat. At least Prichard is the type who is an entertaining spoofer (c'mon, we all know one).

The only one I am genuinely happy got a job out from being on Conrad's platform is Tony.

Nearly 20 years out of wrestling and its great to have him back in the commentary booth and he doing a fantastic job.

The only one I am genuinely happy got a job out from being on Conrad's platform is Tony.

Nearly 20 years out of wrestling and its great to have him back in the commentary booth and he doing a fantastic job.

Yeah tony should never have been out of wrestling for that long as take away the end of WCW where he has admitted the atmosphere there was awful and it came across on air but he's a brilliant commentator. I've rewatched his time in WWE and his commentary was very good but probably wasn't a fit for WWE at the time. And he's not weird like JR has become.

I would like to throw Mr. Eric "I don't recall" Bischoff's name into the hat. At least Prichard is the type who is an entertaining spoofer (c'mon, we all know one).

Well I'd prefer People in wrestling to say they don't know or recall rather than going on the hogan scale and bull****ting to high heaven.

• Advertisement

I’m watching the broken skull sessions with flair and it’s great to see him in what seems like a good place in his life. I’m a huge fan of him as a wrestler but the last couple of years it’s been hard to see him the way he was physically but he seems in a good place which is good to see.

So stopped the broken skull session and at 11:01pm I hit play on wrestlemania 17 and watched it from start to finish for the first time in years and besides the Benoit match slightly uncomfortable to watch It was like I was watching it live like I did 19 years ago.

Have we ever done a watch along thing on boards before ? If we have then fair enough but if we haven't then I'm saying don't rule it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Have we ever done a watch along thing on boards before ? If we have then fair enough but if we haven't then I'm saying don't rule it out.

It used to be every live PPV and Raw thread, essentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ridley wrote: »

Remember when each Raw would have its own thread?

While WWE continuing now is a pity for many reasons, and many more important than what I'm gonna say

I really wish they stopped after Mania, we might actually have some hype when things would start up again by July or August

Ridley wrote: »

We did and then brother lithium I think it was said "sod that" but I was thinking more of a rewatch as opposed to a live watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,804 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is it just inevitable that The Rocks Daughter and whatever McMahon grandchildren go into the ring they will be pushed because of who there related too ???

Charlotte has backed it up and not just there for her name. Orton the very same

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Well if Tamina can keep a job after all these years for her family connections, then any of those will rival Charlotte in title reigns in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What is the loyalty they have to the Samoans?
    There are other kids who have come and gone like Eddie and Vickie's daughter.

Tamina is close with the rock and his mom and all the women superstars seem to love her has to be that all combined added in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Let's not forget Nia Jax too.

Advertisement