Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yep. He probably knows exactly how much guys are making for the Saudi shows and thinks "5 minutes in the ring with someone safe? Yes please."

I'd be the same.

Styles vs Edge

Take my money wwe

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

$$$$$

Well surely the ability to walk, and be healthy, enjoy the rest of his life with Beth and see his kids grow up would outweigh the $$$$ money right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I'm surprised that anyone still cares to see Edge maybe coming out of retirement.

I'm happy enough that his health has gotten a lot better after 8 years removed from the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If Edge comes back he needs Tony Chimel too

Rated R Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well surely the ability to walk, and be healthy, enjoy the rest of his life with Beth and see his kids grow up would outweigh the $$$$ money right?

from listening to the podcast he definetly thinks he could do a match and nothing would go wrong as he seems to think hes learned much more about his neck since then but i got the feeling hes not doing one

also he never really seemed motiavted by money so i think it would be storyline/match that would bring him back not money

• Advertisement

Remember him saying at Inside the ropes he would returns when he feels like he wants to put someone over (ie the Becky Lynch interview)

To me it's the latest return feels different as I dont think he was trying to get Elias over

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That was just the hometown hero getting one over on the a-hole though, needed one when Natalya and Trish were going to lose

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't think Edge is motivated by money. I remember when he retired, JR had said he had been smart with his money until then so he was able to retire comfortably. Since then he's had his WWE appearances, E&C show, tv series and other things. Then his wife now has a pretty steady gig at WWE as well.

WWE DVD sales must be almost non existent these days with the network

All the documentaries seen to be on the network nowadays. Often you would get the odd DVD released of a superstar doc with a few key matches

Know of a few here that have/had massive wrestling DVD collections. Have the odd documentary but never could get into getting every PPV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

PTH2009 wrote: »

All the documentaries seen to be on the network nowadays. Often you would get the odd DVD released of a superstar doc with a few key matches

Know of a few here that have/had massive wrestling DVD collections. Have the odd documentary but never could get into getting every PPV

I had everything WWF/WWE from 95 onwards until 2006ish, every Raw, Smackdown and PPV all on these big DVD sets. Unofficial of course. WCW from 1995-2001 too. Tagged Classics are worth a bit as there's no blurring of the logo and original music used in some cases too.

There are a few DVDs worth a bit of money now, TNA, ROH and PWG specifically as many are OOP. Sold Destination X 2006 for 80 quid there recently. Now to shift the others!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Do the WWE actually know what a striker is?

It used to be just used on The Undertaker with Vince shouting it down the headphones of Cole for some reason now it's getting trotted out for every Tom Dick and Harry

He is a great striker, He is the purest striker, He is the most natural striker, He is the best pure striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"Striker, Striker"

BD4C-u.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

There's plenty of DVDs not on the Network - Raw After Show featuring the dark matches and segments post-Raw comes to mind. DVD compilations and documentaries usually come with extra material which isn't added to the network. But yeah, buying wwe DVDs nowadays is for the hardest of hardcores.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Eric Young being with WWE is weird to me, for some reason.

If Drew had his original theme, he'd probably be a little more popular. One of the best themes ever.

What is day-to-day at work like for forgotten members of the roster such as Eric Young, Ascension etc.? Is it just show up and sit backstage?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What is day-to-day at work like for forgotten members of the roster such as Eric Young, Ascension etc.? Is it just show up and sit backstage?

5 days a week house show superstars/jobber would be my guess.

5 days a week house show superstars/jobber would be my guess.

Nice pay I'd say Suppose they would have to keep up the training too

I wonder do they do some other stuff like rehearsals with the more in demand guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Just commenting to remind you all that Bray Wyatt's new theme is mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Just commenting to remind you all that Bray Wyatt's new theme is mint.

Aye. First time since Glorious they've knocked a theme out of the park.

Bray is a fascinating conundrum right now. If I'm being honest while most enjoyed his bit last Monday, Jerry ruined it with his naff words on the mic before he scattered.

They need to be careful with him. Less is more that is true, but I find him attacking the likes of Lawlor to be an utter waste of time.

If they're going to use him sparingly then they'd want to absolutely utilise that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Aye. First time since Glorious they've knocked a theme out of the park.

Bray is a fascinating conundrum right now. If I'm being honest while most enjoyed his bit last Monday, Jerry ruined it with his naff words on the mic before he scattered.

They need to be careful with him. Less is more that is true, but I find him attacking the likes of Lawlor to be an utter waste of time.

If they're going to use him sparingly then they'd want to absolutely utilise that time.

Think Corbins theme is the best they've done in the last few years, it's a lot better than the CFO one they did for him in NXT which is no surprise as Johnston did his newer one. Not sure if it came before Roodes or after him, also think Blacks theme is above Glorious. Glorious was epic when it first came around but thought he needed a change in theme song, or maybe start a faction and start using that song for a bit as part of the group before going solo again with Glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I tend to zone out on Corbin so can't comment on his theme. :pac:

Black's theme grew on me even though its not my taste. It's special similar to Wyatts in the special attraction stakes.

Balors is another one I like, especially the preamble.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine once AEW is up and running on television that Jericho will be doing a lot of coming and going for large chunks of time (like he did in the WWE), what with Fozzy having a new album coming out soon, and touring behind said new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I'd imagine once AEW is up and running on television that Jericho will be doing a lot of coming and going for large chunks of time (like he did in the WWE), what with Fozzy having a new album coming out soon, and touring behind said new album.

It kind've works for him though. Some wrestlers would benefit from having time off to refresh their characters a little. Jericho always seems to come back with something new and refreshing and the fans love him for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

so is this too early ???

So at the SD anniversary show on the 4th Oct the fiend appears to try and attack a legend but the lights go out again and the demon Balor appears and attacks him. This leads to Demon Balor vs The Fiend with the demon winning it out

Someday the fiend will have to be beaten but when and who could do it ???. Think the fiend character would struggle to regain momentum if he kept losing feuds

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

so is this too early ???

So at the SD anniversary show on the 4th Oct the fiend appears to try and attack a legend but the lights go out again and the demon Balor appears and attacks him. This leads to Demon Balor vs The Fiend with the demon winning it out

Someday the fiend will have to be beaten but when and who could do it ???. Think the fiend character would struggle to regain momentum if he kept losing feuds

The Demon winning? No way, The Demon will have to be beaten and it's long overdue.

It's rolled out against the likes of Corbin and Lashley but not against Brock Lesnar? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

The Demon winning? No way, The Demon will have to be beaten and it's long overdue.

It's rolled out against the likes of Corbin and Lashley but not against Brock Lesnar? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Imagine a fiend/demon tag team or alliance

Hoping the Fiend is still around in November as I want
    To see him in Manchester.

so is this too early ???

What exactly would give The Demon the right to beat The Fiend? Though this is WWE, so they'd probably come up with some bull reason for it.

It's too early into Bray's run with The Fiend (seeing as he only debuted at Summerslam, and the Smackdown anniversary in October is too early) to be thinking about who could possibly beat him and when, leave him as is for now randomly attacking Legends and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Knowing WWE, it'll be to the Undertaker at Dissident to Dismember, or whatever the next Saudi show will be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

so is this too early ???

As cool as it’d be for a quick pop, I really hope they don’t do that. If Bray becomes beatable as The Fiend he’ll just fall into the exact same rut he did before of being the freaky guy who dominated the preamble then lost the payoff match so nobody took him seriously in big matches anymore. When he loses, it should be a massive deal. I’d have him leave the next Mania with a Heavyweight title tbh.

Also agree with it being time for Demon Balor to lose for the same reasons. When he came out as Finn against Brock, it became really obvious what was going to happen, and the same goes the opposite way when he’s wrestled the likes of Andrade. Not that they should put it to bed forever, it’s still cool that he has another level he goes too where we’re like “Okay this is big match Balor.” But now it’s time to introduce doubt: make it so he can win big matches as Finn and lose big matches as The Demon.

• Advertisement

its hard to knw will Finn get the 'return vignettes' treatment and then appear as the same old smiley guy who sometimes turns into a demon character or will they go with a new direction

Love a heel type character who goes after the world title/universal title and is kept away from Wyatt

Advertisement