Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

who?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,852 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Glenn Jacobs's non-union Mexican equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

montyrebel wrote: »
    who?

Two time UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez. You could just google the name if you're unfamiliar, takes two seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

montyrebel wrote: »
    who?

The guy that knocked Lesnar out to win the UFC heavyweight championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Von Erich or hart family ???

Who was ultimate wrestling family ?

Von Erich family history is crazy and very sad. Same with harts with Owen and another son (cant think of the name) dying young

Well the von Erich’s had more talented members in Kerry, Kevin, and David whereas the Hart’s have only two in Bret and Owen. The hart family have had heartache but nothing to compare to the Von Erich’s. Mike and Chris von Erich dead in part because of the deaths of their brothers and the pressure that comes with it. I can’t appreciate the how over the Von Erich’s were in Dallas where it was a struggle for them to get to the ring.

• Advertisement

If you include the extended Hart family you include the likes of Davey Boy Smith, Jim Neidhart, Dynamite Kid (at a push, he was Smith's cousin) and TJ Wilson aka Tyson Kidd. They go deep generationally from Stu Hart all the way to Teddy Hart and Natalya.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,419 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well you have the McMahons.. ;)

Vince.... WWF World Champion, ECW World Champion, Royal Rumble Winner.

Stephanie.... WWF Women's World Champion.

Shane....European Champion, Hardcore Champion, Tag Champion and of course World Cup Winner to prove he is the Best in the World.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭briany

awa79.gif

My random thought here is that Ed Leslie used to look EXACTLY like an extremely muscular Keith Lemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The von Erich story would make an awesome movie or even TV series

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cass is looking well...

9tuswqhprte31.jpg

Fair play to him. He seemed to be struggling for a while. If he stays away from Enzo and keeps in that shape, I can see WWE wanting him back.

Or AEW, God knows they need people over 5'10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

A "bee" must have stung him ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

27 years after the famous Jushin Liger vs Brian Pillman match at Superbrawl II, Liger and Pillman Jr. will be on opposite sides of a 6 man tag match later this month on what is Ligers last ever tour of the US. A one on one match would have been great to see and bring the Liger/Pillman story full circle, this should be the next best thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

A "bee" must have stung him ...

Big Gass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

J. Marston wrote: »
    Cass is looking well...

9tuswqhprte31.jpg

Fair play to him. He seemed to be struggling for a while. If he stays away from Enzo and keeps in that shape, I can see WWE wanting him back.

He's **** so I'd prefer not to see him in AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭briany

J. Marston wrote: »
    Cass is looking well...

9tuswqhprte31.jpg

He's definitely improved his physique by a good long way, but the only reason he should stay away from Enzo is that Enzo is persona non grata to the WWE right now. That doesn't change the fact that Cass did quite well out of being paired with the guy. It was that classic team of the little guy who runs his mouth and the big guy who backs up the words. Unless Cass gains a lot of personality, you wouldn't see him as being much more than a Test-lite type guy, on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Dunno if there are any guitarist / gamers on here, but the game Rocksmith 2014 is still regularly releasing DLC.

Their latest pack is 3 songs by Jim Johnson / WWE:

Stone Cold
    Jericho
    The Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Dunno if there are any guitarist / gamers on here, but the game Rocksmith 2014 is still regularly releasing DLC.

Their latest pack is 3 songs by Jim Johnson / WWE:

Stone Cold
    Jericho
    The Rock

The Rock's theme, especially once the guitar kicks in and the pick slides up the strings, is electrifying. It's simple, but effective.

Easily one of the best things Johnson's composed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The Rock's theme, especially once the guitar kicks in and the pick slides up the strings, is electrifying. It's simple, but effective.

Easily one of the best things Johnson's composed.

Is it the most electrifying theme of all time?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,419 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Conrad Thompson in the space of three years has gone from super fan to become one of the most influential men in wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Conrad Thompson in the space of three years has gone from super fan to become one of the most influential men in wrestling.

Yeah a super fan to being the son in law of Ric Flair and has podcasts with Bruce Prichard, Eric Bischoff and Jim Ross, two of which are now back working with WWE. He also seems figured in with Starcast and AEW. Not bad for a lad from Alabama who sells Insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I like Conrad. I feel like there's a shark lurking underneath it all but it's hard not to be taken by his manner in how he treats his guests and fans of his podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cool Bray art...

gNnHpgW.jpg

Did wwe/WWF or any major wrestling promotion ever hold an event outside of Dublin and Belfast ??

Did wwe/WWF or any major wrestling promotion ever hold an event outside of Dublin and Belfast ??

Yeah, WrestleMania 23 was in Detroit, Michigan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Would have liked to have seen what would have happened if Mordecai and Sean O'Haire's gimmick were both used to their full potential.
    Every chance that Mordecai would've just been squashed by Undertaker and still have gone down the same path that he did and it's likely that O'Haire would've been made a bollocks out of too, but you'd still wonder what if.

Would have liked to have seen what would have happened if Mordecai and Sean O'Haire's gimmick were both used to their full potential.
    Every chance that Mordecai would've just been squashed by Undertaker and still have gone down the same path that he did and it's likely that O'Haire would've been made a bollocks out of too, but you'd still wonder what if.

O Haire looked the part but sadly didnt work out for him
    Mordecai (later Kevin Thorn on ECW if I recall) was similar to Bray Wyatt but different era really

Who was the guy who they had video vignettes of who was suppose to feud with Taker and was kind of mysterious but never actually appeared

Who was the guy who they had video vignettes of who was suppose to feud with Taker and was kind of mysterious but never actually appeared

Hade Vansen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Not in Ireland no. https://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=1&page=4&search=Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

oneilla wrote: »

Thanks for the link.
    It was crazy that WWF/E didnt return to dublin for 9 years! (1995 then 2004)
    They went to belfast in 2002 and 2003 but no dublin show.

Funny enough one wrestler was on both 1995 and 2004 shows and that was ...... *drum roll* ...... The Undertaker.

Interestingly enough, the 1995 results on cagematch is missing the king kong bundy match. Can't remember for the life of me who he wrestled. But he grabbed the mic before it started and said "I have a few drops of irish blood in me.... but with this reception i'll get a blood transfusion" :P

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link.
    It was crazy that WWF/E didnt return to dublin for 9 years! (1995 then 2004)
    They went to belfast in 2002 and 2003 but no dublin show.

Funny enough one wrestler was on both 1995 and 2004 shows and that was ...... *drum roll* ...... The Undertaker.

Interestingly enough, the 1995 results on cagematch is missing the king kong bundy match. Can't remember for the life of me who he wrestled. But he grabbed the mic before it started and said "I have a few drops of irish blood in me.... but with this reception i'll get a blood transfusion" :P

seems during the attitude era wwf only done a handful of European house shows and done those PPVs in the UK every year instead of the tapings. It wasant really til the draft spilt the large euro tours started and the tv tapings came over to the UK

reckon the euro tours will get bigger and bigger in future years

I didnt see my first wwe show til 2009 (Taker Rip tour) as i was to young to go in the 90s/early 00s. Safer to go to shows in Dublin nowadays imo esp with the luas going to the point etc

Advertisement