Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Thanks for the link.
    It was crazy that WWF/E didnt return to dublin for 9 years! (1995 then 2004)
    They went to belfast in 2002 and 2003 but no dublin show.

Funny enough one wrestler was on both 1995 and 2004 shows and that was ...... *drum roll* ...... The Undertaker.

Interestingly enough, the 1995 results on cagematch is missing the king kong bundy match. Can't remember for the life of me who he wrestled. But he grabbed the mic before it started and said "I have a few drops of irish blood in me.... but with this reception i'll get a blood transfusion" :P

Adam Bomb is listed here - http://thehistoryofwwe.com/95.htm
    WWF @ Dublin, Ireland - The Point - June 20, 1995
    WWF Women's Champion Alundra Blayze defeated Bertha Faye
    Men on a Mission defeated the New Headshrinkers
    Shawn Michaels defeated IRS
    Adam Bomb defeated King Kong Bundy
    The Smoking Gunns defeated Jacob & Eli Blu
    Jean Pierre Lafitte defeated Duke Drose
    The Undertaker defeated Kama
    Bret Hart defeated Hakushi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The whole WCW show in Dublin on Paddy's Day in 1993 is on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Thanks for the link.
    It was crazy that WWF/E didnt return to dublin for 9 years! (1995 then 2004)
    They went to belfast in 2002 and 2003 but no dublin show.

It reminds me that WCW didn't go to the UK much and when they did in March 2000 the tickets sold out fast in spite of the TV being awful it had been 6 years since they were there. And what did WCW do in return?
    At a sold out MEN arena of 16k the main event was Johnny the Bull Stamboli & Don Vito vs The Harris Brothers for the WCW tag titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

ERG89 wrote: »
    It reminds me that WCW didn't go to the UK much and when they did in March 2000 the tickets sold out fast in spite of the TV being awful it had been 6 years since they were there. And what did WCW do in return?
    At a sold out MEN arena of 16k the main event was Johnny the Bull Stamboli & Don Vito vs The Harris Brothers for the WCW tag titles.

Ah man would have jumped at the chance to see WCW back in the day. Even if it was 2000 WCW.
    Catching WCW was always hard as it was on satelitte. Shame it wasn't on something more accessable at the time. Everyone has a dish nowadays of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Ah man would have jumped at the chance to see WCW back in the day. Even if it was 2000 WCW.
    Catching WCW was always hard as it was on satelitte. Shame it wasn't on something more accessable at the time. Everyone has a dish nowadays of course.

Random nugget of info:
    TNT (and a few other satellite channels) appeared on Cablelink in Dublin circa May-August in 1996 as they were testing out frequencies or something. So I was able to watch Nitro every Friday evening to see the beginnings of the NWO which was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

oneilla wrote: »

Random nugget of info:
    TNT (and a few other satellite channels) appeared on Cablelink in Dublin circa May-August in 1996 as they were testing out frequencies or something. So I was able to watch Nitro every Friday evening to see the beginnings of the NWO which was great.

It used to come on after the end of the programmes on the cartoon network too, was class, distinctly remember watching Nash lawn dart Rey into the side of the truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I keep seeing The Fiend side of Bray Wyatt while listening to Slipknot's Birth Of The Cruel. The song's lyrics would fit in with that side of the character.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,677 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

oneilla wrote: »

Random nugget of info:

It used to come on after the end of the programmes on the cartoon network too, was class, distinctly remember watching Nash lawn dart Rey into the side of the truck.

Didn't people watching that nitro call the cops and that some of the cop cars that appear during that segment are real cops and not the usual Cops 'R Us crowd when cops are involved in wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I keep seeing The Fiend side of Bray Wyatt while listening to Slipknot's Birth Of The Cruel. The song's lyrics would fit in with that side of the character.

Maybe they can give him a new entrance theme since they seem to be doing a lot for NXT these days, including recording a video to promote Takeover (and their album)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

WWE further proving that they have been completely at a stand-still for a decade plus.

Slipknot were popular back in 2001.

Just keep leaning on nostalgia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭hynesie08

lawlolawl wrote: »
    WWE further proving that they have been completely at a stand-still for a decade plus.

Yeah, slipknot literally released a new album today (their most critically acclaimed in at least a decade) but nostalgia.......... Christ you're boring, try harder

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe they can give him a new entrance theme since they seem to be doing a lot for NXT these days, including recording a video to promote Takeover (and their album)

I keep forgetting that Corey's a huge wrestling fan.. If there's any wrestler on the current roster who'd fit Slipknot's music in terms of character, it's definitely the revamped Bray.

^^ :rolleyes:

I don't see how Slipknot are, or even fit into nostalgia, considering their still writing, recording, touring..

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Yeah, slipknot literally released a new album today (their most critically acclaimed in at least a decade) but nostalgia.......... Christ you're boring, try harder

It's like insert coin (sorry :pac:) for opinion on X :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The whole WCW show in Dublin on Paddy's Day in 1993 is on YouTube.

I was at that it was a great night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

hynesie08 wrote: »

Lol, did Smashmouth and Sum 41 release albums today as well?

Let's party like it's 1999!

Nah, Sum 41 released theirs last month.
    Nothing wrong with Slipknot doing a few songs for NXT. Don't really see Ariana Grande suiting the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,023 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

NXT are more the like the old days with rock/heavy metal stuff while the main roster is all this dancy/pop ****e

The owl days of Saliva, POD, Creed etc cant be beaten

PTH2009 wrote: »
    NXT are more the like the old days with rock/heavy metal stuff while the main roster is all this dancy/pop ****e

The owl days of Saliva, POD, Creed etc cant be beaten

The first 2 bands you mentioned I am not familiar with, and the only good thing that came from Creed were 3/4 of what is now Alter Bridge.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Good thing you don’t watch or read up about WWE. Otherwise Why would you waste so much time on something you hate so much unless you have a very sad lonely life.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The first 2 bands you mentioned I am not familiar with, and the only good thing that came from Creed were 3/4 of what is now Alter Bridge.

They also contributed to the "My Sacrifice" Desire videos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Loughc wrote: »
    Good thing you don’t watch or read up about WWE. Otherwise Why would you waste so much time on something you hate so much unless you have a very sad lonely life.

A "friend" probably texted him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Such a reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Adiboo wrote: »
    Such a reach.

Even for him and that's saying something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Yesterday, August 9, was the twenty year anniversary of Y2J's Raw debut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yesterday, August 9, was the twenty year anniversary of Y2J's Raw debut

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lads don't feed the trolololow

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

R-Truths school boy roll up is the greatest finisher of all time it works first time every time and no one kicks out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The R-Truth rollup vs The Masterlock: most deadly finisher in WWE history?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Kurrgan's "Paralyser" must be high up on that list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,023 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Edge to return to the ring for a saudi payday ???

Done the spear pretty well and is in great shape

Advertisement