Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Edge to return to the ring for a saudi payday ???

Done the spear pretty well and is in great shape

Not a hope in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,754 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Not a hope in hell.

I agree not a hope. I don't know how he was allowed do the spear even. He won't be cleared and even if he was I doubt he'd take the Saudi money.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I agree not a hope. I don't know how he was allowed do the spear even. He won't be cleared and even if he was I doubt he'd take the Saudi money.

I took from his retirement speech that even a bump could be fatal, so I was very surprised when he speared Elias.

Though ****ing hell, it was great hearing Alter Bridge's Metalingus on WWE TV again, the Cheshire cat grin on my face was huge :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw an interview with Austin last week where he said...
    "This business is more than just being able to do a bunch of cool moves in the ring. It's character and charisma, and being able to channel that electricity in an energetic fashion that makes a performer larger than life. It's easier said than done."

Thought about it again after watching Summerslam. It's so true. The likes of Ricochet and Apollo Crews can defy gravity all day and I wouldn't care. On the other hand, Bray and Becky haven't an athletic bone in their bodies, their wrestling isn't flashy and but I'd watch anything with them right now over faceless flippy guys.

There are so many people right who can wrestle to a good/great standard but haven't an ounce of personality or charisma. Stuff like The Fiend or The Man is like water in the desert.

Becky/Natalya got "This is awesome" chants for a fairly rudimentary mat-based match. Bray/Finn got "Holy shít! chants and "This is awesome" chants for a glorified squash because of Bray's presence and entrance. Ricochet/AJ got crickets aside from one or two "oohs".

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ricochet/AJ got crickets aside from one or two "oohs".

That's because AJ and Ricochet had quite a dull match. I agree with your overall point about personality and character being more meaningful just don't think that match is a good example of what Ricochet is capable of.

Also think it's only a matter of time before Bray Wyatt matches get crickets again. Hope I'm wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know why they do it, but it's always so obvious when they pretty much cut the signal instead of relying on the arena going completely dark, like for Bray's new entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

AJ has had alot of disappointing matches Nakamura, Richochet , joe and owens have all been massive let downs.

His matches with Cena and Roman were prob best

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I wasn’t a fan of AJ/Ricochet either and agree with what others are saying about AJ flattering to deceive the past couple years, but to be fair a large part of their reaction was because they followed the Goldberg/Ziggler match and the crowd were coming down. It’s not really to do with their athleticism, both guys are pretty over in their own right and AJ has become a much bigger personality as of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Honestly I just think age and being on the road for 20 years has caught up with AJ so his bar is a lot lower than his high standards has been

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Corey Graves is now a bigger headwreck than Renee and Coach ever were/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Was tuned out of wrestling for a while, but after watching clips from Raw the last few weeks I realise I haven't missed out much.
    Roman Reigns have a near-miss with a load of barrells and a car crash, what even.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

No. This might be the worst of your predicted queries to date mate.

He's well and truly fúcked. He can't bump

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i seen kevin nash got the stem cell treatment for some of his injuries and its known its what rey done to cure his terrible knees wonder what it could do for the likes of edge & austin with neck injuries if he had injections earlier in his career before the injuries got too much would they he have been able to go longer than he did

Johnny (insert name) is down in Columbia getting stem cell treatment.

This must be the new....

sky88 wrote: »
    i seen kevin nash got the stem cell treatment for some of his injuries and its known its what rey done to cure his terrible knees wonder what it could do for the likes of edge & austin with neck injuries if he had injections earlier in his career before the injuries got too much would they he have been able to go longer than he did

Edge has spinal stenosis though, which is basically a naroowing of the canal that the spinal cord lives in. I don't think stem cells are the answer to that particualr ailment.

Rey has certainly had a new lease of life since his treatment however, its almost miraculous

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I did not know that about Rey. Learn something new each day!

Code Orange are the band who did the revamp of Bray's old theme for The Fiend, for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Code Orange are the band who did the revamp of Bray's old theme for The Fiend, for anyone interested.

Code Orange are very good. Think they did a theme song for a Takeover PPV, same show they did Blacks theme "Root of all Evil" live.

Code Orange are very good. Think they did a theme song for a Takeover PPV, same show they did Blacks theme "Root of all Evil" live.

They are really good. TakeOver Brooklyn III was the show in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Very good theme

Would of preferred if they had the 'fun house' jingle at the start of it like the entrance

• Advertisement

Very good theme

Would of preferred if they had the 'fun house' jingle at the start of it like the entrance

Agreed! It'd be much better

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

TV matches on Raw and SD should have a time limit of 10 mins

You then just have to naturally have every match end in that time, using the time limit sparingly for story purposes

It would make ppv matches with no time limit a bit more special, or the odd match on tv with no time limit

Very good theme

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Agreed! It'd be much better

Your in luck gents...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

TV matches on Raw and SD should have a time limit of 10 mins

You then just have to naturally have every match end in that time, using the time limit sparingly for story purposes

It would make ppv matches with no time limit a bit more special, or the odd match on tv with no time limit

I kinda like this (especially with their new ‘no wrestling during ad breaks’ policy), but I’d go 15 so there’s a chance of getting fleshed out matches when needed, and 30mins for title matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Officer999

The new Fiend T-shirt on WWEShop looks incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just saw this pop up on Twitter, it’s nothing groundbreaking but it’s worth a watch:

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1162752390430416896?s=21

Becky gets it.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    No. This might be the worst of your predicted queries to date mate.

He's well and truly fúcked. He can't bump
    Not a hope in hell.

So Edge has said on his podcast that he could probably wrestle tomorrow and that his doctors have told him his neck will be 100% in the next 3/5 years.
    "To be perfectly honest, I think I could do a match tomorrow," Edge stated. "And I might be blown up, but I'd be okay.

So never say never eh.

So Edge has said on his podcast that he could probably wrestle tomorrow and that his doctors have told him his neck will be 100% in the next 3/5 years.

So never say never eh.

Nope. Shooting it down, why would he bother now? Honestly what's left for him to accomplish in WWE? Seen it all, done it all, won it all.

Just let the man enjoy his retirement & happy family life.

But that's just my 2 cents. Plus I kind of enjoy him just randomly popping up every now and again.

Also it's Edge & Christian's Podcast, sorry to be pedantic :pac: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Nope. Shooting it down, why would he bother now? Honestly what's left for him to accomplish in WWE? Seen it all, done it all, won it all.

$$$$$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

$$$$$

Yep. He probably knows exactly how much guys are making for the Saudi shows and thinks "5 minutes in the ring with someone safe? Yes please."

I'd be the same.

Advertisement