Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    its hard to knw will Finn get the 'return vignettes' treatment and then appear as the same old smiley guy who sometimes turns into a demon character or will they go with a new direction

Love a heel type character who goes after the world title/universal title and is kept away from Wyatt

Send him back to NXT now that it's going live on USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

its hard to knw will Finn get the 'return vignettes' treatment and then appear as the same old smiley guy who sometimes turns into a demon character or will they go with a new direction

Love a heel type character who goes after the world title/universal title and is kept away from Wyatt

Best way to turn him heel would be to have him return and join The Club. I feel like WWE should have done this a long time ago but now there's nothing for Balor as a face. The Demon character is ruined and Balor as a face is cringe-worthy at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

so is this too early ???

So at the SD anniversary show on the 4th Oct the fiend appears to try and attack a legend but the lights go out again and the demon Balor appears and attacks him. This leads to Demon Balor vs The Fiend with the demon winning it out

Someday the fiend will have to be beaten but when and who could do it ???. Think the fiend character would struggle to regain momentum if he kept losing feuds

Not only is it too early, but its terrible to even consider.

Hasn't Finn looked for considerable time off? He's just gotten married as well.

If The Fiend is beaten, it'll be someone like Seth or Roman that does it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe he doesn't get to consummate his marriage until he beats the Fiend. And that isn't a euphemism.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

seen lots of twitter talk about rey vs angle at summerslam 2002 and watched it last night and it was just an absolutely unbelievable match.

Its under 10 minutes but its an absolute banger and such a change from what i think is happening too much in wrestling were matches are just overly long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

sky88 wrote: »
    seen lots of twitter talk about rey vs angle at summerslam 2002 and watched it last night and it was just an absolutely unbelievable match.

Its under 10 minutes but its an absolute banger and such a change from what i think is happening too much in wrestling were matches are just overly long

Wonder where the recent Rey storyline will lead too ??

He should call it a day as I dont think he has anything to prove and has his millions for his family

He should call it a day as I dont think he has anything to prove and has his millions for his family

I think what will happen is.... The Fiend you see. He's gonna get him.

Next thing is, Big Dom runs out, ya dig? Booyaka Booyaka 612, and a top rope suicida later, and we've got the hottest new tag team on the scene ya'll. "Who's that jumpin' out the sky?" Big Dom Guerrero

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

im guessing his current run is to get Dominic into NXT and help him out along the way

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can't remember where I heard or read it but apparently Prince Mysterio is already trademarked so presumably that's what he'll called.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Can't remember where I heard or read it but apparently Prince Mysterio is already trademarked so presumably that's what he'll called.

hijo de guerrero would be better

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »

i think its a cool name but others seem to dislike it

I wonder will he actually be a high flyer as hes much taller than his dad

i think its a cool name but others seem to dislike it

I wonder will he actually be a high flyer as hes much taller than his dad

He's 6 foot tall, hardly a giant.

Lil Ron Ron is only 5 foot 6 keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

sky88 wrote: »
    i think is happening too much in wrestling were matches are just overly long

I think that's happening far too much these days

You can have an incredible bell to bell lasting 8 minutes

It's almost like these days you have to have a full match before you can have a finish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I enjoy necro butcher, his match with Samoa Joe was insane, dangerous yes, but a proper battle. Interesting to here his shoot interview talking about the match, doesnt come across as the hick he portrays.

Thought TNA would surely give him a match against Abyss back in the day.

Abyss was on fire around the time of his matches with sabu.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm guessing that Baron Corbin will win the King of the Ring tournament and will be saddled with a king gimmick. Seems like every time a heel wins the KOTR ends up having a king gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I'm guessing that Baron Corbin will win the King of the Ring tournament and will be saddled with a king gimmick. Seems like every time a heel wins the KOTR ends up having a king gimmick.

I like Baron and like him even more because people can't stand it when he's on TV but if they were going for a heel winner then why not Nakamura. Fair enough Nakamura has been less than meh during his run in WWE but surely he would have made perfect sense for the King gimmick given he's already the King of Strong Style. So the gimmick kinda fits him and especially now if they are making Sami Zayn his mouth piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Riddle101 wrote: »

It won't be Corbin, too obvious after last night when he tried the crown on, they wouldn't have him do that if he's winning. Think it will be Andrade stepping up to the throne.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I reckon it's Goldberg vs Triple H at next years mania.
    Booking Goldberg to go over easy on Dolph builds him back up after the taker match and clearly WWE has plans on keeping around for a bit.
    While Triple H has been wrestling legends the last few years at mania pretty much and while I do like Bill he does not have the greatest track record for having long matches so someone like Triple H could work a pretty good long match out of him.

So... Goldy vs tripper is what me thinks.

Thoughts? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,873 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

After this week's Raw with the talk Braun could be tag, Universal and US champ, I was wondering who has had the most titles at the same time in WWE? And I don't mean the Triple H photoshop

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CastorTroy wrote: »
    After this week's Raw with the talk Braun could be tag, Universal and US champ, I was wondering who has had the most titles at the same time in WWE? And I don't mean the Triple H photoshop

Miz has the Unified Tag Titles and US Title here

main-qimg-c3e9b2573662c0482062dc4a565b1d95

Although it's WCW, here's Lance Storm with the US/Canadian Title, the Cruiserweight belt and the Hardcore.

58df651ddc36299980e0f1bdd83a6af7.jpg

Bit left field but Dan Severn showed up on Raw in 98 with a slew of titles, which were from NWA and UFC

AdmirableGroundedBirdofparadise-max-1mb.gif

Again not WWE but this shot of Ultimo Dragon is fairly famous from the 90s. He's got a host of straps, most of which comprise the Japanese Super J

275px-FB_IMG_1499704104931.jpg

But then you add Kurt Angle to the mix.

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement

Thoughts? :p

The thoughts of a 25 minute match between those 2 in an already uber long card is making me tired and bored just thinking about it

So yeah it could well happen and would have to be 25 mins with lots of rest holds considering it's a HHH match and Goldberg's stamina aint up to much

To add to Omacks post

Vader and the Triple Crown in Japan
    DgJknZQX0AEsyAE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Mania's are boring enough already these days and definitely drag way too much without adding another snoozefest involving Goldberg and HHH. Would prefer if neither were on the card, give some of the younger crew some time to shine.

So Rollins will be the first person to beat the fiend if there match at Hell in a cell is true

They would hardly give Wyatt the title already ?

So Rollins will be the first person to beat the fiend if there match at Hell in a cell is true

They’ll do what they always do when they run into a hole like that where both guys shouldn’t lose, someone will interfere and attack the fiend

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Easy to forget but he's already won a world title, coincidentally at Hell in a Cell.

They’ll do what they always do when they run into a hole like that where both guys shouldn’t lose, someone will interfere and attack the fiend

Que Finn Balor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Omackeral wrote: »
    Easy to forget but he's already won a world title, coincidentally at Hell in a Cell.

Was it not at elimination chamber?

Que Finn Balor

No

• Advertisement

You see what's going to happen is this.

Cell match starts. Suddenly, Mick Foley descends from the rafters, lands on the roof of the cell. Applies the mandible claw to himself in some form of tribute / sacrifice to The Fiend. Then throws himself off.

Then, suddenly, the sound of a chainsaw - everyone looking for Chainsaw Charlie, but no - It's Jon Moxley, who runs down, gives Dirty Deeds to Seth. While he's down, the lights go out, and who's standing there but Brock. 14 F5s and 47 German Suplexes are applied.

Then the Fiend rolls him up for the cover and win/

Advertisement