Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

PTH2009 wrote: »
    So Rollins will be the first person to beat the fiend if there match at Hell in a cell is true

They would hardly give Wyatt the title already ?

I really hope this doesn’t pan out.. the fiend doesn’t need a title run, at least not now. Why can’t they keep him special and mysterious. If they have him job to Seth in a B PPV, that’s Wyatt finished at a possible main eventer imo

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sirsok wrote: »
    Was it not at elimination chamber?

It was actually yes. Just before Mania. They wasted him. He dropped the strap at that Mania. Next year he was in a poxy battle royal doing a run. Crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've thought it for a while now but seeing PAC hit his legs off the railings reminded me, I think if they expect guys to do moves to outside the ring, they need to give them plenty of room to work with. I'm surprised there aren't more injuries due to guys going through the ropes and only having a couple feet of space to work with before going into/onto/over the railing.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I've thought it for a while now but seeing PAC hit his legs off the railings reminded me, I think if they expect guys to do moves to outside the ring, they need to give them plenty of room to work with. I'm surprised there aren't more injuries due to guys going through the ropes and only having a couple feet of space to work with before going into/onto/over the railing.

I'm amazed that theres hasn't been more major incidents between fans in the front rows and wrestlers. You could get some smartarse fan try and get involved in some way ie pushing someone up on a barrier, physically hitting or even a freak accident by the performer

There's a guy in the front row at the NXT tapings these days, though don't know if he'll be at the weekly shows, who I keep expecting to attack one of the wrestlers from how worked up he gets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://streamable.com/imokk

It's better than Kevin Owens' anyway.

I sure that's dream come true for Becky and I'd say there are very few Austin would do that for

• Registered Users Posts: 60,419 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well Stone cold can bump now he must be on his way back for some of that Saudi money :pac:

Think Corbin looks a lot better with his current attire than that stupid waist coat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Well Stone cold can bump now he must be on his way back for some of that Saudi money :pac:

:pac:
    Surprised Austin never came back for a match over the years. I know his neck was fecked. But I wonder after so many years healing up could he go again?

No doubt WWE have been offering him a figure at various times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

:pac:
    Surprised Austin never came back for a match over the years. I know his neck was fecked. But I wonder after so many years healing up could he go again?

No doubt WWE have been offering him a figure at various times.

In 2015 during his podcast with Paul Heyman on the network Austin started the idea of doing a match with Brock at Mania 32. Vince completely shot down the idea

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

oneilla wrote: »
    In 2015 during his podcast with Paul Heyman on the network Austin started the idea of doing a match with Brock at Mania 32. Vince completely shot down the idea

That I did not know :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

oneilla wrote: »

Nah that was a semi in character ending to that podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

The Nal wrote: »
    Nah that was a semi in character ending to that podcast.

Iirc it wasn't planned for them to tease the idea, just that Austin and Heyman got a bit carried away. Can't remember what if anything Austin said about it afterwards on subsequent podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Riddle101

This might sound selfish because I don't know if he's healthy or not, but if there's any wrestler from the past to come back to the ring, even for one more match, then i'd love it to be Austin.

Only thing is though, who would he wrestle? I'd be afraid WWE would have him face Roman Reigns or Seth Rollins. Beyond that, i'm trying to think of who would be a worthy opponent not someone who doesn't need the rub or stands to gain little form wrestling him because a Stone Cold comeback would be a huge thing I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Riddle101 wrote: »
    This might sound selfish because I don't know if he's healthy or not, but if there's any wrestler from the past to come back to the ring, even for one more match, then i'd love it to be Austin.

Only thing is though, who would he wrestle? I'd be afraid WWE would have him face Roman Reigns or Seth Rollins. Beyond that, i'm trying to think of who would be a worthy opponent not someone who doesn't need the rub or stands to gain little form wrestling him because a Stone Cold comeback would be a huge thing I think.

The only one i had any interest in seeing Austin come back for was CM Punk.

Imagine if those 2 returned, for 1 last match each. Against each other. It probably wouldn't be a 5 star classic, but the promos etc would be stellar. It'd be the biggest Main Event, potentially in history

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Riddle101 wrote: »

Hope he doesnt come back TBH, would like to see Bray attack him next Monday night, would make the Fiend charachter an instant threat (until they screw it up by having him lose his next match)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Imagine if those 2 returned, for 1 last match each. Against each other. It probably wouldn't be a 5 star classic, but the promos etc would be stellar. It'd be the biggest Main Event, potentially in history

they did a great promo at one of the launches for a 2k game (I wanna say 2K14 maybe - the one with punk on the cover and attitude era version with Austin on the cover too) JR asks them what would happen if punk was around during the attitude era and they both do a back and forth that just sounded so good it was made for a mania match!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

NXT UK is finding its feet as a show in my opinion.

Walter as the Big Bad with his Imperium henchmen is great. Would like to see Dave Mastiff go for him next. Women's division is arguably the best in the entire WWE and the tag scene is hot with potential to grow. It's given revitalisation to the likes of Kassius Ohno and Noam Dar too. Also cool when people like Cesaro and Balor show up.

I've chosen it over 205 live as I can't/won't watch both weekly.

Watching Carnival Row and I think Orlando Bloom studied The Undertaker's walk

• Advertisement

Wrestlers' entrance themes these days are so similar that the only way I can tell who's entering without seeing them is if they have something at the beginning. We do have the occasional one like Glorious or Nak's, but then I heard The Viking Raiders music hit on Raw and I didn't know who it was until it showed them.
    It's why I prefer them to show the entrance for mystery opponents or the Royal Rumble instead of the reaction of the person in the ring (Never forgave them for the AJ debut). We just have to base it on the reaction of the live crowd in those instances if we don't recognise the music.

https://youtu.be/nIpuS-uXZyc

Ric would do anything for a bit of dosh

He signed a sneaker deal with Adidas too yesterday. Why anyone would want Ric Flair sneakers, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

J. Marston wrote: »
    He signed a sneaker deal with Adidas too yesterday. Why anyone would want Ric Flair sneakers, I don't know.

Would be hilarious if they were motion sensitive and you'd hear a woooo! if anyone attempted the strut.

Bit too extroverted for my taste but I could see why they'd be popular!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

if they were nice no one would care im sure a lot of the people around the world who wear jordans arent huge basketball fans

I feel like Ricochet is always millimetres away from badly fùcking up his neck every time he does the 630.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Riddle101

J. Marston wrote: »
    I feel like Ricochet is always millimetres away from badly fùcking up his neck every time he does the 630.

I think I remember an interview Edge did once where he talked about The Young Bucks and their style of wrestling. How he was reminded of the way he wrestled when he was younger and how it contributed to his injuries later on in life and was kind've advising them to slow things down. I think the same thing whenever I see Ricochet or Will Ospreay wrestling. That style of wrestling is pretty risky, but I think they already know that.

Would going back to NXT not be a demotion of sorts for KO ??

With the new deal is NXT actually a developmental brand anymore???.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Would going back to NXT not be a demotion of sorts for KO ??

With the new deal is NXT actually a developmental brand anymore???.

You could argue NXT hasn't been developmental for a while. Apparently they're getting main roster money now with this move so while it may look like a demotion from the outset, wrestlers would have:
    • Potentially greater creative freedom on a hotter product
    • Lower cost base, less travel as all TV is out of Full Sail
    I'd imagine most would jump at it if given half a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I wasn't sure if I wanted to post this in the Movies on TV thread, but Santa With Muscles is airing tomorrow night at 1am on the Sony Christmas channel (because that's just what we need. Christmas channels in the middle of September).

Advertisement