Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I like that card, some possible cracking fights, especially the women's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

xtal191 wrote: »
    Its a presser for 247 not 246

When is the 246 presser on 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭xtal191

For a Fight Night it might be a decent looking card but for a numbered ppv its shockingly bad imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

It's a McGregor card, so I guess they don't have to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭fitzparker

The card is what is expected, names you notice but doesnt demand a high payout.

They have to balance out the books, they cant have Mcgregor and other top tier fighters on the same card.

outside of McGregor and cerrone, the rest of the card will probably accumulate to less than 1 mill.

So it probably balances out to what was made at UFC 245.

Im sure there is a limit on what they payout per event.

Plus this event is unpredictable on PPV sales, it could sell 500k or 2 million, its unknown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Anyone know when the first press conference is?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭rob316

That card is crap not a single fight excites me. Cerrone is a bit of a bate bag for the top fighters but I don't think this is a gimme for Conor either. If he doesn't put him down in the first 2 rounds he will struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

rob316 wrote: »
    That card is crap not a single fight excites me. Cerrone is a bit of a bate bag for the top fighters but I don't think this is a gimme for Conor either. If he doesn't put him down in the first 2 rounds he will struggle.

It is a gimme fight. Wont last 60 seconds

US2 wrote: »
    It is a gimme fight. Wont last 60 seconds

That depends what McGregor turns up. At that weight if he comes out swinging long he will gas heavily in round 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

That depends what McGregor turns up.

He had his ass handed to him in his last fight. The decent McGregor will show up for this fight. Might not be Alvarez McGregor or Aldo McGregor, but it'll be as close to Diaz II McGregor that he can manage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Cowboy will be well briefed on how the fight has to go I’d imagine.

No money in a Khabib rematch if he is coming off another loss and still in a downward spiral.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

BDI wrote: »
    Cowboy will be well briefed on how the fight has to go I’d imagine.

No money in a Khabib rematch if he is coming off another loss and still in a downward spiral.

Yup. Only one ladder and two tables to be used. Cowboy has to let him get the pin in the 3rd. Rumour conor has a new signature finisher called the marble arch

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Not much noise from the conor camp. Has he buckled down for real i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

Not much noise from cowboy or ufc either unfairness

• Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Very committed this time around by all reports.

Axwell wrote: »

That cover of paint it black is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That cover of paint it black is pretty good.

Valerie Broussard. Link

Mellor wrote: »
    Valerie Broussard. Link

Thanks. Cracking voice

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1206238514142228480

I'd say we're gonna see the McGregor of 2013-2016, in terms of focus and dedication at least.

He's going after the 170 belt.

• Advertisement

I'd say we're gonna see the McGregor of 2013-2016, in terms of focus and dedication at least.

He's not going to cut to 145 ever again and he would be slaughtered by any WW in the top 5.

You'll never see that Conor again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

If by some fluke he managed to make it to Usman, he'd be mauled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Tazzimus wrote: »
    If by some fluke he managed to make it to Usman, he'd be mauled.

Yep big time but he might have a wee chance against the likes of Colby who isn’t a big hitter although his cardio is unreal

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Yep big time but he might have a wee chance against the likes of Colby who isn’t a big hitter although his cardio is unreal
    Colby would maul him as well.
    True 170 lads are too big for him and most of the top guys are wrestlers so he'd be wrestle ****ed for as long as they wanted.

Colby would maul him as well.
    True 170 lads are too big for him and most of the top guys are wrestlers so he'd be wrestle ****ed for as long as they wanted.

Would the likes of Colby not fancy his chances keeping it standing like the other night, what kind of weight was he on fight night?

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Would the likes of Colby not fancy his chances keeping it standing like the other night, what kind of weight was he on fight night?
    Doubt it. Him and Usman kept it standing as they both have great wrestling, plus Usman probably wanted to put a beating on him.
    Colby knows Conor has better striking, so he'd just grab hold and rag doll him for whatever length of time.

I'd say a lot of the 170er's cut down from around 190-200lbs, Conor walks around at about 170, might be slightly higher now he doesn't have to cut to 145 any more. Depending on how much he can get back rehydrating, I'd guess 185 ish? I don't think he cuts as much as some of the others.

Doubt it. Him and Usman kept it standing as they both have great wrestling, plus Usman probably wanted to put a beating on him.
    Colby knows Conor has better striking, so he'd just grab hold and rag doll him for whatever length of time.

I'd say a lot of the 170er's cut down from around 190-200lbs, Conor walks around at about 170, might be slightly higher now he doesn't have to cut to 145 any more. Depending on how much he can get back rehydrating, I'd guess 185 ish? I don't think he cuts as much as some of the others.

Yeah I suppose after watching how dominant Khabib was against him they would be silly not to maul him on the ground, although colbys ego might outweigh his common sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Colby would dominate him alot more than Khabib did , same with Usman an Woodley. Thompson would knock him out too. Only guy he has a hope against is masvidal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

US2 wrote: »
    Colby would dominate him alot more than Khabib did , same with Usman an Woodley. Thompson would knock him out too. Only guy he has a hope against is masvidal

C'mon... Pettis KO'd Wonderboy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,545 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

McGregors not a 170lb fighter. He not even 5ft 9. His most famous win is against a guy who just lost at 135. He'll get absolutely mauled by most of the WW Top 10.

Advertisement