Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor thread (MMA Talk Only - Read 1st Post Before Posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I got Colby, Holloway and Nunes this wknd. Somebody needs to start a thread for this event it’s one of the best of the year. I’m too busy to start it and my secretary called in sick today.

I haven't been paying attention. I didn't even know Holloway and Nunes were on the card as well.

US2 wrote: »
    What?

Sorry, you were just going on about how good Conor is, and how much improved he had become. But then said he wasn't good enough to be able to use those skills against Khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Effects wrote: »
    Sorry, you were just going on about how good Conor is, and how much improved he had become. But then said he wasn't good enough to be able to use those skills against Khabib.

Hard to use effective boxing when you're being strangled by a Russian gorilla!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Never seen it from this angle, beauty. His timing is impeccable. In the alvarez fight too. Then spent a year boxing so his striking has probably improved. We never got to see any of it against khabib. Cowboy wont last 60 seconds I'm sure of it

https://twitter.com/Maclifeofficial/status/1205131966271623168?s=09

What a wild moment to capture, was a mad night. Peak hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Effects wrote: »

Ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

So Mike Perry says that Colby is gay. Is this true?? Asking for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Ah here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Banned for a week - keep up the nonsense/trolling when that expires and the next one will be a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Khabib has said he won't rematch Conor of he beats Cowboy. Says he needs a ten fight win streak at 155 first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fair play to Khabib. He speaks a lot of sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

ricero wrote: »
    Fair play to Khabib. He speaks a lot of sense.

Not really, 10 fights in a row is nonsense talk, but yeah Conor should be made prove himself a bit at least. Even for his own sake, there is no chance I would want to fight Khabib after a fight with an aged Cowboy at a soft weight class for them both. I'd want at least 2 serious fights against top level contenders before a rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Khabib really isn't all about the money, it's nice to see a fighter with values other than financial.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He has a point about the cutting to 155 bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Esse85 wrote: »
    Khabib really isn't all about the money, it's nice to see a fighter with values other than financial.

Not so sure. Why was he angling for a Mayweather fight too? Khabib is a snake in my opinion. Going on about his professional preparation too while conveniently forgetting about his tiramisu fetish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Every one of them is about the money, they're not doing it for the good of their health.

You're right. He's not all about the money. It's just about 90% of the reason he fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

So when is the presser on??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Heard 1130 irish time on another forum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

What an awful looking card

f3m6ggwvta441.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Its a presser for 247 not 246

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

xtal191 wrote: »
    What an awful looking card

f3m6ggwvta441.jpg

Jesus that is pretty poor alright. They are obviously hoping Conor v Cowboy sells it out by themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Jesus that is pretty poor alright. They are obviously hoping Conor v Cowboy sells it out by themselves.

Hoping? yeah right :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

CatFromHue wrote: »
    He has a point about the cutting to 155 bit.
    Not really.
    Everyone agrees that weight cutting is the worst part of the sport. In the past when fighters agree to not cut weight, it’s held up as a positive approach. But when Conor does it. Suddenly it’s sacrilegious. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Has it been officially announced then? That's the first time I've seen the card. No official announcement or tickets on sale yet 4 weeks out?

That undercard isn't as bad as I was expecting to be honest. McGregor wants a load of nobody's who are happy with 20/20 I suppose so he can rake in the cash?

Hopefully if/when holly loses thsts the last we see off her, they've tried hard to push her cos of Rousey but realistically, shes muck. Rousey buckled to pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus the smell of that fight card. Awful.

Hopefully if/when holly loses thsts the last we see off her, they've tried hard to push her cos of Rousey but realistically, shes muck. Rousey buckled to pressure.

That’s not really fair. She was beaten by a better fighter, who figured her weaknesses out.

But yeah, maybe it’s time Holly retired.

Has it been officially announced then? That's the first time I've seen the card. No official announcement or tickets on sale yet 4 weeks out?
    It was officially announced last night and tickets go on sale Dec 20th. They've also given the 247 number to Jones vs Reyes so it seems all that numbering stuff is decided.

This page was still Jones vs Reyes up until yesterday, you can still see it in the google cache

https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-246

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Really, I think that's an OK card, I can't be the only one? I've seen much better but also far worse. Few bum fights in there but really interested in quite a good few of them, more than I often would.

(obv) McGregor v Cerrone, Pettis v Ferreira, Holm v Pennington, Fili v Yusuff, Dober v Haqparast are all ones I am looking forward to.

From the men's point of view the card might be more fitting of a Fight Night (aside from McGregor/Cowboy obviously.)

Some big names from the women's side of things though.

Overall I think it's decent too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Decent for a numbered PPV event? Take McGregor off and it's a fight night card.

Advertisement