Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What practice/beliefs make you instantly lose respect for someone?

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Do Yorkshire folk say that?

I don't live in Yorkshire or know anyone from there so I don't know to be honest. I am further south and my running club has a lot of cyclists.
    I lived there for 3 years in the 90s. I'm guessing you might get them to say 'Le Tour ' but sans the French accent. Most likely would be : "Tha' bloody bahcycle raaace"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Your deliberately missing the point and you know it.

You've failed to make a coherent point, sorry.
    I suspect you know what type of Irish people say 'TG four' (as you are one) and deliberately avoid saying 'TG ceathair' on purpose, but you just don't want to admit it.

Oops.
    Someone didn't read the post they were replying to properly.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,240 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I have a few more practices that make me lose respect and belief for someone
    (It is normally a combination of these, depends how many the person hits on a consistent basis - based on thier previous actions)
    1. People who hate losing arguments and have to have the last word.
    2. People who are so entrenched it thier beliefs, they cannot even see the other side of an argument.
    3. People who fail to see/ignore the nuanced/cogent point in debate when it does not suit thier argument
    4. Overly opinionated people, that clearly do not know as much about a subject that they like to think.
    5. People who argue for the sake of arguing.
    6. Ridiculous attempts at being the 'alpha male' in a variety of situations.
    7. People who cannot admit they might be wrong.
    8. People who are obtuse by nature

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I have a few more practices that make me lose respect and belief for someone
    (It is normally a combination of these, depends how many the person hits on a consistent basis - based on thier previous actions)
    1. People who hate losing arguments and have to have the last word.
    2. People who are so entrenched it thier beliefs, they cannot even see the other side of an argument.
    3. People who fail to see/ignore the nuanced/cogent point in debate when it does not suit thier argument
    4. Overly opinionated people, that clearly do not know as much about a subject that they like to think.
    5. People who argue for the sake of arguing.
    6. Ridiculous attempts at being the 'alpha male' in a variety of situations.
    7. People who cannot admit they might be wrong.
    8. People who are obtuse by nature

Wow.

From reading your posts and your persistent arguing, it seems as if you are describing yourself in detail.
    No chance you were being ironic, there, I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,240 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Wow.

From reading your posts and your persistent arguing, it seems as if you are describing yourself in detail.
    No chance you were being ironic, there, I suppose?

We will never know....like that Alanis Morrisette song.
    Was it ironic on purpose....is there a deeper point, who was it aimed at: the writer themselves, or someone else?
    Or both?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement