Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What practice/beliefs make you instantly lose respect for someone?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

People who don't put manners on their kids/pets.

This one must have been mentioned before but anyone who does not pick up their dog's sh*t. No one else wants it, put it in a f*ckin bag and bring it home.

The ones who really mystify me are the ones who bring the bag with them, pick up the poop, tie it up neatly....and then fcuk it into a tree.

Just don't bother like!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

People who don't put manners on their kids/pets.

This one must have been mentioned before but anyone who does not pick up their dog's sh*t. No one else wants it, put it in a f*ckin bag and bring it home.

I’ll add cat owners to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I’ll add cat owners to that.

Can't say I've had much experience with cat sh*t, having dogs generally keeps them away. The smell of cat sh*t is something you never forget though.

You did remind me of another one, people who don't put bells on their cats! Your cat gets fed at home, it does not need to kill birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You did remind me of another one, people who don't put bells on their cats! Your cat gets fed at home, it does not need to kill birds.

There is an argument that the bell just makes cats more stealthy with practice and hence more deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

There is an argument that the bell just makes cats more stealthy with practice and hence more deadly.

Interesting, hadn't thought of that. Still, I reckon if you gave birds the choice a bell would be better than no bell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People whose tweets are protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

A bell also makes cats susceptible to other predators themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Can't say I've had much experience with cat sh*t, having dogs generally keeps them away. The smell of cat sh*t is something you never forget though.

My cats kill a lot of shrews do

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    My cats kill a lot of shrews do

Poor shrews.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Footpath cyclists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Sein Feiners

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Killing of Non-Muslims is Legitimate (British Mullah) - True Filthy Faces of Mullahs

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

^^^
    Are you saying you have no time for fundamental extremists? Yeah, me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

People who drive cars/motorbikes with loud exhausts. You are a cretin and an attention seeker, and I automatically assume whoever is driving such a vehicle is mentally impaired and/or sexually frustrated (possibly a virgin).

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Men who just agree with women in a desperate attempt to get laid and hide their true opinions and feelings..

But most men I know do that even after 20+ years of marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭pgj2015

people who say "i didn't vote but if i did i would have voted for ....." then give you their reason why.

if you are too lazy to vote then don't be preaching to me about the way you would have voted.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭John DoeReMi

Bono haters. As a U2 fan of 40 years I find the more vocal the hater, the more I need to avoid them. I am aware that a significant amount of the population, including probably most posters on this thread, fall into this category to some degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People who drive cars/motorbikes with loud exhausts. You are a cretin and an attention seeker, and I automatically assume whoever is driving such a vehicle is mentally impaired and/or sexually frustrated (possibly a virgin).

Maybe they just haven't gotten around to getting their exhaust fixed. My car was very loud for around a month once. You kinda get used to it!

But, yeah, deliberately loud exhaust is very knobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

People who say the words spastic and retard as an insult

branie2 wrote: »

People who like to pretend they didn’t grow up in Ireland and were born ‘woke’.

Even Christy Brown would find a way to give them the middle finger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

He'd probably give them the middle toe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

I've met people who don't like music at all. I don't have room for people like that in my life. Never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

Footpath cyclists.

Would you rather a child cycling on the road along side motorits over them cycling on footpaths.

As someone who does a lot of cycling and has experienced a variety of close calls, I certainly don't want children cycling on roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

smoking

snobbery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

branie2 wrote: »

It would probably be worse for everyone concerned if you had intended them as a compliment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

micar wrote: »
    Would you rather a child cycling on the road along side motorits over them cycling on footpaths.

As someone who does a lot of cycling and has experienced a variety of close calls, I certainly don't want children cycling on roads.

Where did they mention children? Children are allowed by law to cycle on footpaths. Adults aren't. The number of cyclists who don't seem to know that, and cycle on footpaths in city centres, is incredible.

And no, it's *not* a safety thing - literally every day I see these muppets cycle on the footpath, come to a one-way street, and they go onto the road *against traffic* and continue on their way...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

Where did they mention children? Children are allowed by law to cycle on footpaths. Adults aren't. The number of cyclists who don't seem to know that, and cycle on footpaths in city centres, is incredible.

And no, it's *not* a safety thing - literally every day I see these muppets cycle on the footpath, come to a one-way street, and they go onto the road *against traffic* and continue on their way...

They but they didn't......."footpath cyclists" refers to all cyclists regardless of age.

For my safety I cycle on the footpath going to Mobhi Road in Glasnevin.

Referring to cyclists as "muppets" is exactly what is wrong with this country and its attitude towards cyclists.

Everyday I encounter motorists on their mobile phones, using bus lanes, speeding, failing to observe and not indicating.

There are terrible cyclists and equally terrible drivers

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/cyclists-who-use-footpaths-will-not-be-fined-31342974.html

https://irishcycle.com/2015/01/21/no-exemption-for-children-cycling-on-footpaths-says-minister-ahead-of-new-fines/

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Marengo wrote: »

People who post aggressive trollish crap for a couple of months, then when they're well and truly shown up to be full of complete **** they close account, re-reg, rinse repeat. :)

Own your words.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Actually Atheists in general, it's a new religion - they don't even see it.

Hmmmm...
    I am an atheist

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Brain Whinge

Lgbt 'culture'.

Advertisement