Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What practice/beliefs make you instantly lose respect for someone?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    People who gossip.
    Those who get a kick out of knowing something about others especially if it is a situation where the person themself is unaware of something going on.
    People who take pleasure seeing things go wrong for someone else.

Great insight. I hate those narrow minded fcuks myself. I’m beginning to wonder does that sh1t come back on them though. I’m thinking of one such woman I know, whose family have had horrendous luck. She actually looks down on people who have a very similar checkered past to her daughter.

john4321 wrote: »
    People who use the acronym FFG instead of FF\FG

Aren’t they basically the same anyway?

G.A.A. fanaticism. People who only talk G.A.A. and nothing else. Also people who play G.A.A. for Ballygobackwards and strut around like they are a striker for Barcelona.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When they have a hatred of the english, support the actions of the IRA and/or other "republican" terrorist groups actions against the english, but also fanatically supports an english football team without seeing the irony.

the_syco wrote: »
    When they have a hatred of the english, support the actions of the IRA and/or other "republican" terrorist groups actions against the english, but also fanatically supports an english football team without seeing the irony.

In secondary school in the south,you always got these d1ckheads who would go on about the “ra,” as if they knew something about any of the troubles. Their republicanism basically boiled down to professing hatred for the English, writing Eire-32 on a desk and talking about the “ra” as if their whole family were gun runners for the I.R.A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Nikki Sixx wrote: »
    In secondary school in the south,you always got these d1ckheads who would go on about the “ra,” as if they knew something about any of the troubles. Their republicanism basically boiled down to professing hatred for the English, writing Eire-32 on a desk and talking about the “ra” as if their whole family were gun runners for the I.R.A.

I remember a northern teacher of ours giving out SH*TE at some little scrotes for graffitiing 26+6=1 on a desk. Told them they were unqualified to talk about the subject and to come back to her when they'd gotten some education about it.

Fair fúcks to her tbh, doubt those lads had ever even been over the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

The Trivial Annoyances thread is that way
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Nikki Sixx wrote: »
    Great insight. I hate those narrow minded fcuks myself. I’m beginning to wonder does that sh1t come back on them though. I’m thinking of one such woman I know, whose family have had horrendous luck. She actually looks down on people who have a very similar checkered past to her daughter.

A woman in my local area was the worst for gossip, oh she loved it when someone got in trouble, got pregnant young etc then her own daughter got pregnant at 18 to some old creep who washed his hands of the daughter. the gossip has kept to herself ever since.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭micar

a selfish asshole who is bullying the only form of road user life-form weaker than you, the pedestrian.

Disagree with me but please do not to insult me.

I'd rather get home safely than end up in a hospital bed or on a morgue table. You seem not to get that.

I always give pedestrians plenty of space.

I've had quite few of close calls with motorists. In that instant I'm the weaker life form. Had a particular nasty one last Sunday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

micar wrote: »

I'd rather get home safely than end up in a hospital bed or on a morgue table. You seem not to get that.

I've had quite few of close calls with motorists. In that instant I'm the weaker life form. Had a particular nasty one last Sunday morning.

Still doesn't mean you can't push the bike on the paths you're not meant to cycle on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The republican dissidents who marched in Dublin not long after Lyra Mckee was murdered

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭jochenstacker

Still doesn't mean you can't push the bike on the paths you're not meant to cycle on.

That's /discussion right there.
    Anyone who keeps arguing against that (I'm using my FOOT to cycle) is just being an arsehole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

pgj2015 wrote: »
    A woman in my local area was the worst for gossip, oh she loved it when someone got in trouble, got pregnant young etc then her own daughter got pregnant at 18 to some old creep who washed his hands of the daughter. the gossip has kept to herself ever since.:)

People who take pleasure in the misfortune of others just because they don't like them.

Lgbt 'culture'.

Yeah, that really backfired on you didn't it?

BBFAN wrote: »
    People who take pleasure in the misfortune of others just because they don't like them.

what goes around comes around.;)

pgj2015 wrote: »
    what goes around comes around.;)

Yeah, still doesn't mean taking pleasure in it is any better than the original crime.

BBFAN wrote: »
    Yeah, still doesn't mean taking pleasure in it is any better than the original crime.

of course it is. she was gossiping about others, i wasn't, then it came back to haunt her. it is karma.

people who put on an act and aren't comfortable being who they really are. just be yourself for gods sake.

Mean-spirited, spiteful, negative people. They suck the energy out of everyone they interact with and leave them as miserable and joyless as they are themselves. Their very presence is toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

:rolleyes:

I nearly got knocked off my motorbike by an idiot car driver the week before last, maybe I should take to the footpath too?

Use the footpath all you like, just dismount first.

What you think is safe, or plenty of space, is your opinion and may not be shared by the pedestrian who may find it threatening, they may be elderly, have mobility and sensory issues etc. and the last thing they want is to have to share what should be a safe space for them with inconsiderate lawbreaking cyclists.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

I nearly got knocked off my motorbike by an idiot car driver the week before last, maybe I should take to the footpath too?

Use the footpath all you like, just dismount first.

What you think is safe, or plenty of space, is your opinion and may not be shared by the pedestrian who may find it threatening, they may be elderly, have mobility and sensory issues etc. and the last thing they want is to have to share what should be a safe space for them with inconsiderate lawbreaking cyclists.

I've explained why I use the footpath for the 63 the seconds I use the footpath over the road. I use the road for the other 24 mins of my journey home.

You talk about 'safe space' that's what this section of road isn't for a cyclist....which you quickly learn.

As I have also explained, I'm very careful when I encounter a pedestrian and go past them with a lot of space.

As a biker, you travel at similar speed as motorist around you.....cyclists don't....so you can't compare.

Ok I'll dismount and use walk up ...... ;-) ;-)

Time to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Cowardice . Using people when it suits. Those two things make you worse than nothing .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

As a biker, you travel at similar speed as motorist around you.....cyclists don't....so you can't compare.

I've been overtaken by cyclists in heavy traffic many a time, as it happens. Their funeral if they want to go speeding into a hazard I've seen, but they haven't. *shrug*
    Ok I'll dismount and use walk up

Good lad. *pat* There's a handy book called "Rules Of The Road" to help you.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

Those aren't acronyms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

People who throw rubbish out the window of their car. The ditches around here are destroyed with rubbish.its not until you walk the road that you notice how bad it is.
    It’s lazy,sneaky,selfish and disgusting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

People who needlessly quote lengthy posts on boards when they write a reply.

I've been overtaken by cyclists in heavy traffic many a time, as it happens. Their funeral if they want to go speeding into a hazard I've seen, but they haven't. *shrug*

Good lad. *pat* There's a handy book called "Rules Of The Road" to help you.

I wasn't talking about heavy traffic in which cyclists are allowed to go up the left. I was referring to free flowing traffic.

Speeding.....most cyclists travel under 25km per hour....Speeding isn't an issue

While you at it, give your biker pals a copy of the Rules of the Roads. All motorists could also do reading it considering that bikers and motorist are responsible for all deaths on our roads.

If your interested, there was a very interesting discussion about cycling in Ireland on Off The Ball on Newstalk earlier today. It's about an hour long.

https://www.facebook.com/offtheball/videos/2293828970637488/

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Being rude to waiters/bar staff and retail workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

People who advise you "you should (or shouldn't) do this" ...........like they are experts on every bloody thing. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The ex has a habit of being sadistically rude to people who call to the door. canvassers , charity collectors etc.He'd be charming to waiters and full of manners to retail staff, maybe it's the door to door ones who get it because nobody else can witness him being ignorant .

Advertisement