Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexico Vs Ulster ultimate epic super build up thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Utah_Saint wrote: »
    Stockdale did not lose that for us. Don't think It would've changed result. Leinster would have responded

Yes, fantastic effort from Ulster but I think Leinster showed their class and experience. They might well have just edged it no matter what....they have the class to move up an extra gear

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Clegg wrote: »
    Maybe not showing it on TV, but Stockdale's on his haunches on the 10 metre line with head in hands.

They did.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Can't agree. He blew it.

I think Leinster might have responded in ferocious fashion though. Look at how they finished out the game once they got a sniff of victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

Classic Ulster. They're finally competitive in a big game and then they show their total lack of bottle. The focus will be on Stockdale's horror show but they would have lost anyways. No nerve as a team whatsoever. Shocking miss for the conversion by Cooney. Just general total lack of composure.

Were also humiliated by Leinster at the end. Couldn't force a penalty in 5 minutes of Leinster running down the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,198 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

vetinari wrote: »
    Classic Ulster. They're finally competitive in a big game and then they show their total lack of bottle. The focus will be on Stockdale's horror show but they would have lost anyways. No nerve as a team whatsoever. Shocking miss for the conversion by Cooney. Just general total lack of composure.

Were also humiliated by Leinster at the end. Couldn't force a penalty in 5 minutes of Leinster running down the clock.

Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Can't agree. He blew it.

On the try maybe a bit but Cooney shanked a kick as well. He did, however, get caught for the Byrne try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Great game to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

A lot close then some may have taught. Ulster had there A game but Leinsters experience and the subs saw them through

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

how does a team show a lack of bottle when they're big underdogs putting it right up to one of the top 3 teams in Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Great game but sadly it doesn't look like an irish team are going to win it this year.Both leinster and munster have an excellent defense. You'd question if Lowe just has to play to give leinster more of a cutting edge, if they are to have a chance against teams like Saracens. Ringrose's low raking kicking style has been analysed I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

vetinari wrote: »

Could not show some humility no

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Phenomenal performance by the Leinster pack. Conan, Ryan, Fardy, Ruddock. Engine for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Utah_Saint

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Stockers is the only player in Irish rugby (and one of few on the planet) who could make that try opportunity for himself to begin with. Hopefully they can help him to focus on this, rather than the botched finish.

This...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's an absolute joke that Lowe had to miss this match just for JGP to sit on the bench for 80 minutes. I'd be off at the end of the season if I were him.

Great game but sadly it doesn't look like an irish team are going to win it this year.Both leinster and munster have an excellent defense. You'd question if Lowe just has to play to give leinster more of a cutting edge, if they are to have a chance against teams like Saracens. Ringrose's low raking kicking style has been analysed I guess.

Lowe is subject to the two furriner rule and Fardy will play. On Munster I'd agree but Leinster were not firing and haven't been at stages this season. For the next match they will have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

It's an absolute joke that Lowe had to miss this match just for JGP to sit on the bench for 80 minutes. I'd be off at the end of the season if I were him.

JGP came on at like the 55th minutes. Them went off avian for a HIA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

An absolutely brilliant match from the off.Ulster will have nightmares over this for a longtime to come.feel sorry for Stockdale but he butchered it in the end.hopefully the injuries all round ain't as serious as feared.European rugby so much more enjoyable than internationals in my opinion.h'on Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭tbm

No highlights on TG4. Anyone know of a terrestrial highlights show?

tbm wrote: »
    No highlights on TG4. Anyone know of a terrestrial highlights show?
    Virgin One @ 23:00 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Ulster have come on so much from the les kiss days and have a bright future ahead, lot of young talent in that team

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Clegg wrote: »
    JGP came on at like the 55th minutes. Them went off avian for a HIA.

Ah, must have missed it. Was making lasagne.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Disappointed but not distraught.

Stockdale's miss though. Although I'll forgive him that...He's pulled us out of many a hole this year and we wouldn't have been there tonight only for him.
    The aggression shown was great to watch and we put together some great moves.
    Delighted to see Luke back. Gutted to see Leavy go off... Hopefully it's something small and he's back for Japan.

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Really? I'm just delighted at the performance. I hope it galvanizes this team
    Ah yea.

But if Stockdale doesn’t drop that ball we beat Leinster today.

Leinster has to dig very deep for that result. Ulster were phenomenal.

I’m gutted.

Congrats to Leinster, it must be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Really? I'm just delighted at the performance. I hope it galvanizes this team

100%. I've posted before - that's literally the first knockout club rugby the majority of that team have played. Lowry, Balacoune, O'Sullivan, Treadwell, Timoney all 23 and younger (as is Stockdale, obviously, but he's played under considerably more pressure, ironically, given his fluff). Reidy, O'Connor too.

Our set pieces are unrecognizable from last season. On another level. Lineout and scrum both more successful than Leinster's.. If we're adding Carter, Faddes and McGrath, we're going to have that much more experience.

Disappointed not to win - BOD said we were the better team. But we're bringing on Warwick and Herbst off the bench, and it's telling Shanahan and Kernohan didn't get on. We need more depth.

Utterly delighted for Marshall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

mfceiling wrote: »

Stockdale's miss though. Although I'll forgive him that...He's pulled us out of many a hole this year and we wouldn't have been there tonight only for him.
    Delighted to see Luke back. Gutted to see Leavy go off... Hopefully it's something small and he's back for Japan.

Stockdale was 5m past the try line. That's even worse.

Leavy looks a bad one. Croc roll.

450+ tackles in that game. The stats are insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

mfceiling wrote: »

BT wouldn't show the replay due to how horrific the injury was.
    Hyperextension of the knee.
    That's possibly career ending. But he won't be in Japan anyway sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ryan made more tackles and carried more than any Leinster player on the pitch. Simply phenomenal. But really the whole front five were very good. Worked tirelessly all game. And Ulster's matched them blow for blow.

Best provincial derby I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

McFarland doing a good job. Hopefully we can build on this going forward. That game will stand to a lot of the younger guys tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

And congrats to Leinster of course. You cannot beat that experience.

Well done to both teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭pummice

Ulster Byrned !!

Advertisement