Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sh*te your co-workers say

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

2 girls both have that "whistling s" when they speak.
    Obviously not something they can help but it really grates on me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

The 3 day conversation about a monthly email we send out.

It's the SAME email EVERY month - there is no change, there is no need for this conversation.

Just send the fckn thing and lets move on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Not so civil servant

The overuse of the word b*stard

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    SIGH

Ugghhh SIGHHH

No I'm not going to ask you why you're sighing, you'll just bombard me with sh1te talk about your position which has absolutely nothing to do with me

Ah yes, I know this one. Seeking attention without wanting to seem like you want attention.

I used to sit beside someone who would do this all the time, a few minutes later you'd see him stand up and walk over to talk to someone who he thinks cares about his issue.

I don't mind a moan but if you want to moan just tell me, I'll listen and probably contribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

Initiating deep conversation when I am trying to get something done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

LouD2016 wrote: »
    The 3 day conversation about a monthly email we send out.

It's the SAME email EVERY month - there is no change, there is no need for this conversation.

Just send the fckn thing and lets move on.
    Move on to what? More than likely whatever your doing isn't that pressing anyway. The email is as of much importance or lack of. This is the modern world. Most jobs are nonsense

Move on to what? More than likely whatever your doing isn't that pressing anyway. The email is as of much importance or lack of. This is the modern world. Most jobs are nonsense

Yes and this is what this thread is about

I think top of the list this morning is the complete and utter waste-of-space shítehawk whose purpose in the organisation is, well, unknown to most people, but who manages to send this little red exclamation mark on each email to tell us their latest heap of abject, ineffably pointless, vacuous right-on cac is "High Importance". It's not; it really, really, really is not.

Feck off, and let the rest of us work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

razorblunt wrote: »
    2 girls both have that "whistling s" when they speak.
    Obviously not something they can help but it really grates on me.

Never mention this to anyone else. I used to listen to a podcast that I loved until a friend told me he couldnt listen to it because of the presenters "S's" I didnt know what he was on about, never heard it, never realised it.....until I did. You cant put the toothpaste back in the tube. Ruined the podcast for me, cant listen to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Not quite a person I work with but she is in work. There is a reception desk in work but realistically the staff that man it are a mix of maintenance and security and certainly not receptionists.
    Anyway one of them who is their supervisor has an incredibly shrill flat Dublin accent. Loads of weird things about her behaviour which boils down to everybody has to follow the rules but her. Signs all over the reception not to use phones, she will interrupt people and shout at them not to use their phone. When she is at the desk she friggin face times people and stays on the phone for about an hour. She sings a long to the radio very loudly and she can't sing.
    Once she was holding the door for a delivery guy and tells him he can manage on his own now, he was struggling, because she had things to do. She let's the door go and knocks stuff of the trolley .Goes over to the desk and starts singing along to the radio and looking out the window.
    There is so much more but people are afraid of her because she has gotten people moved out of the office and removed from projects

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

IK09 wrote: »
    Never mention this to anyone else. I used to listen to a podcast that I loved until a friend told me he couldnt listen to it because of the presenters "S's" I didnt know what he was on about, never heard it, never realised it.....until I did. You cant put the toothpaste back in the tube. Ruined the podcast for me, cant listen to it now.

Ha ha! Once you hear it once though you start hearing it everywhere.
    Mine began with almost every female presenter/contributor on a certain radio station, it used to drive me insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    Not quite a person I work with but she is in work. There is a reception desk in work but realistically the staff that man it are a mix of maintenance and security and certainly not receptionists.
    Anyway one of them who is their supervisor has an incredibly shrill flat Dublin accent. Loads of weird things about her behaviour which boils down to everybody has to follow the rules but her. Signs all over the reception not to use phones, she will interrupt people and shout at them not to use their phone. When she is at the desk she friggin face times people and stays on the phone for about an hour. She sings a long to the radio very loudly and she can't sing.
    Once she was holding the door for a delivery guy and tells him he can manage on his own now, he was struggling, because she had things to do. She let's the door go and knocks stuff of the trolley .Goes over to the desk and starts singing along to the radio and looking out the window.
    There is so much more but people are afraid of her because she has gotten people moved out of the office and removed from projects

She's a narcissist, these people need to be quarantined in society, not put in positions of power. In olden times she'd be brought out on a walk and bowled head first off a cliff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Seanachai wrote: »

She's a narcissist, these people need to be quarantined in society, not put in positions of power. In olden times she'd be brought out on a walk and bowled head first off a cliff.
    She really is not in any position of power as basically she is the lowest paid in the entire building getting a little more than those she supervises. She has a massive chip on her shoulder because she feels inferior to everybody who works there.
    She is inferior due to her lack of basic manners and common decency.
    Her job is to sit down and press the open gate button and little more

A manager in a financial section.

"I'm not a numbers person"

"That's just gone over my head and hit the back wall"

"I don't know how to tell the difference between a thousand or a million"

An audit scheduled for this week - she rings in sick.

Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

Various colleagues, week in, week out...

Monday - "Mondays, huh?"
    Tuesday - "Ah well, at least Monday's over"
    Wednesday - "Halfway there now"
    Thursday - "Nearly Friday"
    Friday - "Thank god it's Friday"

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

*Weather forecast shows very slight rise in temperature...

"Where's that heatwave we were promised?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Der Stier

Jesus Christ!
    I am lucky it seems, some freaks out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Der Stier

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    SIGH

Ugghhh SIGHHH

No I'm not going to ask you why you're sighing, you'll just bombard me with sh1te talk about your position which has absolutely nothing to do with me

Can't stand attention seeking lunatics like this, just begging you to ask them what's wrong.

I just ignore them, they never do it around me after that.

Various colleagues, week in, week out...

Monday - "Mondays, huh?"
    Tuesday - "Ah well, at least Monday's over"
    Wednesday - "Halfway there now"
    Thursday - "Nearly Friday"
    Friday - "Thank god it's Friday"

They're basically negating 90% of their lives, I doubt they become joyful, vibrant human beings on the weekend either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

"Ah you're going to work from home" with a wink or OTT nod.

Yes. Yes I ****ing am. I'll get twice as much done without you over killing time with nosy stupid questions about my projects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Most of my colleagues are sound, the ones I find most difficult are the ones whose whole life is the workplace. Debating and arguing about any minor changes, gossiping about what colleagues are doing, who said what to whom etc, get a fcking life!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,573 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

A manager in a financial section.

"I'm not a numbers person"

Manager in every section, including in hi-tech businesses :

"I don't know anything about that technology stuff"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

This thread isn't good for someone who may have social anxiety and is afraid to say anything for fear of getting judged. lol

New thread needed - good things to talk about with co-workers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Eastern European co worker tells me regularly how his country is better than Ireland.
    This is better, that is better.

Yet you are here . Why don't you gather up more of your countrymen and **** back to Poland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

There's a prick in the next desk over (partitioned) who makes those noises like when you're relieved of pain or stretching...not moans or groans, more airy...can't describe it.

Same guy says the same thing on every phonecall he gets:

- Phone rings

- Hi Tim

- (other person obviously asking how are you?)

- Ah you know yourself, living the dream

EVERY.SINGLE.PHONECALL

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

There's a prick in the next desk over (partitioned) who makes those noises like when you're relieved of pain or stretching...not moans or groans, more airy...can't describe it.

- Phone rings

- Hi Tim

EVERY.SINGLE.PHONECALL

Ah sure I can't complain....well, I could but no one would listen BAHAHAHAHA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

- Phone rings

- Hi Tim

EVERY.SINGLE.PHONECALL

Sounds a bit like me tbh. Are we talking Ireland or somewhere else :D

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

The "in" phrase in my workplace this year is "high level". It's overused so much I've started to count how many times it's used at each meeting I attend. Examples- This document is high level, a high level consultation, high level strategy, high level committee, etc.

Last year's buzz word was "coaching", its use has significantly diminished this year. I have deduced that the act of coaching must not be high level enough to be used anymore.

The "in" phrase in my workplace this year is "high level". It's overused so much I've started to count how many times it's used at each meeting I attend. Examples- This document is high level, a high level consultation, high level strategy, high level committee, etc.

Last year's buzz word was "coaching", its use has significantly diminished this year. I have deduced that the act of coaching must not be high level enough to be used anymore.

This is why I have no interest in management, I'd do a Reynholm and leave by the window if I had to listen to that double-speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I dialed into an online training course this morning. From the start of the meeting, the presenter kept talking about 'how pleased she was to be on a journey with us.' I wasn't sure if the journey in question was the one hour meeting, or using the product itself. But she signed off saying that she's 'looking forward to continuing our journey together.'

This is up there with 'we need to square the circle' in terms of confusing me

Advertisement