Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sh*te your co-workers say

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

One of my co-workers just came out with the most David Brent thing and told me they couldn't kick up to their shoulder.

I had to engage and prove them wrong, how dare they question my athleticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I prefer the simpler type of ejit , I've a colleague who during the recent referendum wanted everyone to vote injecting rooms to be brought in for addicts and today , professed her support for the striking nurses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Pineapple1

Worked with a girl last year who used to greet me every morning of the summer with "Did you see love island last night?", "No", "Do you watch love island?" "No"....Every. Single. Morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I used to work a few hours some Saturdays, although thankfully not for over 10 years. I also like sitting alone in the canteen but didn't realise Saturdays had different rules, where everybody hangs out together.

I went for breakfast one Saturday, first person out, when all of a sudden, I'm surrounded. I knew I had to leave when the subject of the conversation turned to beans.

"The beans are really nice today, aren't they?!?" he commented, enthusiastically.
    "Yeah, they're absolutely lovely!!".

Eh, they're the same baked beans from industrial-sized cans that you've been eating with your fry every morning, for years! Aaaarghhh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

I use to work beside a guy who every Monday without fail would turn towards gripping his stomach and say 'My bowels are in uproar' I never dared ask him why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Co-worker who works downstairs rings me up, im in tech support, we have worked together 15 years. I have one phone extension, nobody answers it but me. I have my own office. With me?

Lets say my name is John. I get a call from him downstairs, I pick up the phone and say "Hello", He replies "Hi, John?".

Of course its John, it sounds like me, its my number and you have been ringing me 15 years. WHO THE FCUK ELSE WOULD IT BE?????? :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

Pineapple1 wrote: »
    Worked with a girl last year who used to greet me every morning of the summer with "Did you see love island last night?", "No", "Do you watch love island?" "No"....Every. Single. Morning.

What do you think of it this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭Cordell

So...did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    One of my co-workers just came out with the most David Brent thing and told me they couldn't kick up to their shoulder.

I had to engage and prove them wrong, how dare they question my athleticism.

Bet you can't throw a shoe over a pub! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

So anyway ' I turned around and said. ....., and then 'she turned around and said. ......FFS! all day every day, good job we don't have access to weapons like the yanks do.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,208 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

jmayo wrote: »
    And yes I know a big part of that is management. :rolleyes:

Managers know there is no point trying to take on stuff like that when HR won't back them up.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

6Technically not what they say, but stretching out and yawning loudly.

So needy, sloppy and annoying. We're all bleedin tired. I don't want to see your tonsils.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

PS
    People who sneeky vape at their desks. Do.you think Im going to suffocate in silence and not report your poisoning me ? Seriously.

lol, now thats a prime example of sh*ite your co-workers say

• Registered Users Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Mad. Makes you wonder how women who had 15 kids managed just fine years ago with no boring on or sharing scans etc. Its a side effect of how narcissistic this generation is.

[ur

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

"Happy Friday."

*Fück off*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

"Happy Friday."

*Fück off*

I work with someone that says everyday!

"Happy tuesday!!"
    "Is it...is it really?:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

talking about soap operas/love island/sport as a substitute for a personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

"Happy Friday."

*Fück off*

Surely that can't be that bad. It's the end of the working week!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

jcorr wrote: »
    Surely that can't be that bad. It's the end of the working week!

Fecking cliché saying though. Not quite as annoying as the inane business speak that management types love to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

more of ****e my coworkers do rather than say

Work with an older woman (I'm 28) and she is in her early 50s and sits across from me.

She is the Type of person that when she stands up over the desk looking at me and asks a question expects me to drop everything I'm doing and answer or expects me to get up and come around the desk to help her with the issue on the spot.

I do help her but Nornally when I reply with I'm in the middle of something I'll have to come back to you later (because I actually am) or can it wait 10 mins , she just let's out the biggest sigh. (Which is very rude)

Other times there are people chatting in the office loudly (which I don't mind because I'll throw on headphones , let them chat away) but this woma will ask me a question (not knowing I've headphones on)

, I won't hear her and she will come around to my desk and tap me on the shoulder.

I slowly remove the headphones and look up (yes????)

Her: can you have a look at something ?

Me: I'm busy right now but I will after I finish X

Her: but it's urgent

Me: ok , let's see

* Upon seeing the query /Issues *

ITS not ****ing urgent !!

Leave me alone woman and take responsibility for your own god damn work

She struggles with making decisions or understanding processes

She is stuck in her ways and no matter what different way she has being told something doesn't change

Drains the life from me when co workers depends on someone for an answer to Everything

Rant over

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

e: nevermind, not worth it.

I wish some of my coworkers would just stop talking. Full stop. And start listening. Some people are totally oblivious to picking up on the mood of a room and in feeling the silence. It's as if they'll forget what they're going to say unless they keep talking. As the seanfhocal has it, Éist le fuaim na habhann agus gheobhaidh tú breac.Listen to the sound of the river and you will get a trout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I wish some of my coworkers would just stop talking. Full stop. And start listening. Some people are totally oblivious to picking up on the mood of a room and in feeling the silence. It's as if they'll forget what they're going to say unless they keep talking. As the seanfhocal has it, Éist le fuaim na habhann agus gheobhaidh tú breac.
    Do most Irish speakers have to look up proverbs before they repeat them? In English we just know what they are from hearing them from our parents, life experiences et cetera.

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Do most Irish speakers have to look up proverbs before they repeat them? In English we just know what they are from hearing them from our parents, life experiences et cetera.

I don't know; I obviously don't know most Irish speakers. However, I do know the charter here likes to see translations, so I linked to one. Why, for one so old, do you still have this eternal chip on your shoulder and pettiness about so many things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

I don't know; I obviously don't know most Irish speakers. However, I do know the charter here likes to see translations, so I linked to one. Why, for one so old, do you still have this eternal chip on your shoulder and pettiness about so many things?
    Temper, temper :rolleyes: I'm not the one complaining about my co-workers daring to speak around me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Seanachai wrote: »
    This is why I have no interest in management, I'd do a Reynholm and leave by the window if I had to listen to that double-speak.

FAAAAAAATHEEEEEEEEEER!!!

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Temper, temper :rolleyes: I'm not the one complaining about my co-workers daring to speak around me.

In fairness, if you would also tell them to go off to ebay to buy "rickety stools" and "ropes" when they disagree with you, it's most probable you have no coworkers at all. Stay classy. Now, try and stay on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

Not really a story about a co worker saying something but I worked in a place once where there was a woman who vibrated the floor.

Well she loved power walking through the office. I would have my head phones on and still I would feel the vibrations when she was walking through the office.

I don't know why she power walked like that. She had an hour glass figure, I mean one that would absolutely melt bank vaults and most of the guys would turn their head looking at her.

You know what really drove me up the wall, is sometimes I would look at her face and she would look away really quickly. Man, that's harsh darling. Really harsh. Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Tits you did. You made a statement and sent us to a reference document becuase you know most of us wouldn't understand it.

Advertisement