Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor Mcgregor arrested again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I hate how people try and justify his thuggish behavior with the BS "He's just hyping the fight" or "He made a few more million". The fact that it may have made him more money doesn't matter, that's no excuse for scummy and criminal behavior. Anyone who uses that as a defense needs a serious look at their morals. I don't remember people saying about the bankers "Sure they made loads of money" to justify their immoral behavior. Just hyping the fight, he could have blinded somebody with that bus incident. Hyping the fight me bollox, he's a toerag who hangs out with drug dealers and the dregs of society, he may have money but he hasn't an ounce of decency or class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

All speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭con___manx1

I hate how people try and justify his thuggish behavior with the BS "He's just hyping the fight" or "He made a few more million". The fact that it may have made him more money doesn't matter, that's no excuse for scummy and criminal behavior. Anyone who uses that as a defense needs a serious look at their morals. I don't remember people saying about the bankers "Sure they made loads of money" to justify their immoral behavior. Just hyping the fight, he could have blinded somebody with that bus incident. Hyping the fight me bollox, he's a toerag who hangs out with drug dealers and the dregs of society, he may have money but he hasn't an ounce of decency or class.

Agree with most of your post but i doubt he hangs out with drug dealers. Even he couldnt be that stupid. Is there any pictures of him with any dodgie drug dealers? It would be real bad publicity for his businesses if there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Agree with most of your post but i doubt he hangs out with drug dealers. Even he couldnt be that stupid. Is there any pictures of him with any dodgie drug dealers? It would be real bad publicity for his businesses if there is.

There was pics from Aintree year or two back. On his return to Ireland the Garda were tailing him as they were very interested in his relationship with certain well known individuals from Crumlin (allegedly).

It was when he was bouncing on the bonnet of a Bentley (which was not his).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Google McGregor Murray brothers and you'll see the drug dealer friends he has

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

They look like real charmers

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Two of his closest friends since childhood are violent drug dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

how are these lads even getting into the states to go to vegas?

I saw a lad turned away before going states to canada cause he had a felony assault charge

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brainfreeze

Most of his childhood friends are drug dealers and Kinahan connected. As people have mentioned, his two best pals are the Murray Brothers.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2443493/conor-mcgregors-gangster-pals-andrew-and-jonathan-murrays-high-life-alongside-the-ufc-sensation-revealed/

The Murray Brothers were present during the bus attack. They and other lads from Crumlin were apart of the crew McGregor flew over to attack Khabib,
    how are these lads even getting into the states to go to vegas?

Luck/Lying on application forums. Garda has since notified the U.S that McGregor flies criminals with him, and they have not managed to get in since.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/mma/3219617/conor-mcgregors-gangster-pal-out-in-force-banned-flying-us/

This isn't only reported in local media, even ESPN have linked McGregors friends to criminality by their own admission.

Frazer admires how McGregor never joined with them or dealt drugs, choosing instead the safe, low-paying job of a plumber. Later, he says, they became friends, boys who hung just up the road in what passes for a downtown of Crumlin and Drimnagh: a chip shop and a pub, a butcher and a convenience store. He says they even went on vacation to Greece with a group of friends. "We were all drug dealers, and we all had loads of money," Frazer says, laughing. "Conor had none. Conor stayed in our room on a blow-up bed. His dad was ringing him, 'He has to come home, go back to plumbing.' He didn't want to go back."

He also attended Paul Kavanaghs funeral.

Zero evidence that he is involved in any of that stuff other than knowing them, but he does know them all, since childhood. His friends are gangsters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

yeah i see now that they went over on a private jet, no doubt things are more lax when you have a celeb in tow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Luck/Lying on application forums.
    They also just don't give a fvck. Any normal person would worry about what awaits them arriving at the border check. These guys don't. They get stopped, stuck in a cell and then turned around and sent home again, they have a story to tell their mates at home.
    And they'll give it a go again two weeks later. Literally DGAF.
    yeah i see now that they went over on a private jet, no doubt things are more lax when you have a celeb in tow
    Yeah, blind eyes are on widespread sale in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Most of his childhood friends are drug dealers and Kinahan connected. As people have mentioned, his two best pals are the Murray Brothers.
    Would you not give him any credit for growing up in that environment, yet not getting involved in all that himself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

recedite wrote: »
    Would you not give him any credit for growing up in that environment, yet not getting involved in all that himself?

He behaves like a scumbag. Hence his numerous arrests and ongoing legal cases... Should we commend him for being an awful role model? He also heavily associates with drug lords in the present day.

Is he an awful role model? Maintaining that level of fitness involves incredible mental and physical discipline.

Being reared among drug dealers, yet rejecting the temptations of that lifestyle; that required great discipline and integrity from an early age.

Its a lot easier for a Blackrock College boy to stay on the straight and narrow. Yet there they were on the Anglo bank tapes, lying and cursing and laughing, while robbing and cheating the entire nation.
    Who's the scumbag?

Is he an awful role model? Maintaining that level of fitness involves incredible mental and physical discipline.

Being reared among drug dealers, yet rejecting the temptations of that lifestyle required great discipline and integrity from an early age.

Its a lot easier for a Blackrock College boy to stay on the straight and narrow. Yet there they were on the Anglo bank tapes, lying and cursing and laughing, while robbing and cheating the entire nation.

He behaves like a thug outside of the ring... So yes, absolutely terrible as role models go.

And even without the criminality..the sneering loud mouth ego sh1te is desperate..

batgoat wrote: »
    He behaves like a thug outside of the ring... So yes, absolutely terrible as role models go.
    I would say he's more of a fighter than a thinker, but that does not mean he is a thug.
    You don't take a lion out of the circus ring and expect it to become a pussy cat when its gone back to its trailer.
    So this mobile phone business, the guy apparently was invading their privacy by walking in front of them and videoing them with his phone. Was rightly warned and then kicked out by hotel security staff. Then waited outside and resumed as soon as the group stepped onto public space. Legally you can video somebody against their will on a public space but not on private property.
    A lawyer would accept that. A lion might not.

Now the video pest is looking for 000's of dollars for a "stolen" i-phone. That's the mark of a crook and a scumbag. A parasite. Just like those Anglo banksters.

I truly despair for humanity..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I would say he's more of a fighter than a thinker, but that does not mean he is a thug.
    You don't take a lion out of the circus ring and expect it to become a pussy cat when its gone back to its trailer.
    So this mobile phone business, the guy apparently was invading their privacy by walking in front of them and videoing them with his phone. Was rightly warned and then kicked out by hotel security staff. Then waited outside and resumed as soon as the group stepped onto public space. Legally you can video somebody against their will on a public space but not on private property.

Now the video pest is looking for 000's of dollars for a "stolen" i-phone. That's the mark of a crook and a scumbag. A parasite. Just like those Anglo banksters.

He is very contradictory though:

Supported marriage equality yet was videoed repeatedly referring to another fighter as a 'f*gg*t'

Says it's only respect outside the ring jumps into a ring and endangers a downed fighter creates problems for security staff and the referee.

Donates money to first responders, flings a dolly at a bus which requires people to be transported to hospital, one woman who has suffered from abuse in the past to suffer what is tantamount to a nervous breakdown.

Talks about being humble and wanting to make his son proud.. well you know the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

I truly despair for humanity..

Indeed.

"Sound lad. A bit of craic. He never did anything on me."

An annoyingly Irish trait. Let us all laud this scumbag for being a scumbag.

• Advertisement

But the thing is, it's not an isolated incident. He has a tendency for violent outbursts. Eg the bus incident last year. So yes, he is in fact a thug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

Cringe when I think of him trying to come off as an intellectual in his interviews

cloudatlas wrote: »
    He is very contradictory though:

Supported marriage equality yet was videoed repeatedly referring to another fighter as a 'f*gg*t'

Says it's only respect outside the ring jumps into a ring and endangers a downed fighter creates problems for security staff and the referee.

Donates money to first responders, flings a dolly at a bus which requires people to be transported to hospital, one woman who has suffered from abuse in the past to suffer what is tantamount to a nervous breakdown.

Talks about being humble and wanting to make his son proud.. well you know the rest.
    A lot of the build-up to a fight is about courting publicity. Hence the insults and the theatrics.

Was it not the other guy who jumped into the ring and punched McGregor?
    https://www.irishpost.com/news/i-slapped-him-as-promised-russian-fighter-who-jumped-into-octagon-and-sucker-punched-conor-mcgregor-brags-on-social-media-160606
    Look, he's a fighter not an angel. A few hiccups, but he has made the big time honestly and with sheer hard work.

If he was a black guy who came from a rough neighbourhood and made good, you'd be lauding him as a great role model for his community.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

He embodies and advocates that lifestyle more than the gangsters themselves.

[Edit] Damn, he got me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,663 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The bus thing ended up in he third largest number of people ever buying ppv, Only two have sold more, Pacquiao vs Mayweather and McGregor vs Mayweather. This was the biggest MMA ppv in history by a long way.

The bus had a lot to do with that.

eagle eye wrote: »
    The bus thing ended up in he third largest number of people ever buying ppv, Only two have sold more, Pacquiao vs Mayweather and McGregor vs Mayweather. This was the biggest MMA ppv in history by a long way.

The bus had a lot to do with that.

And this does not negate it being the behaviour of a thug...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

McGregor at the funeral of Paul Kavanagh, a Kinahan gang member.

image.jpg

With David Byrne, the guy shot at the Regency weigh in.

McGregorandDavidByrne.jpg

With the son of Liam Byrne

msemail_img_4472jpg-js374318282_censored-e1514502478825.jpg?w=960

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

McGregor at the funeral of Paul Kavanagh, a Kinahan gang member.

image.jpg

With David Byrne, the guy shot at the Regency weigh in.

McGregorandDavidByrne.jpg

With the son of Liam Byrne

msemail_img_4472jpg-js374318282_censored-e1514502478825.jpg?w=960

The bonnet bouncing pic I was looking for. The owner of the cars was not a happy guy!

prinzeugen wrote: »
    The bonnet bouncing pic I was looking for. The owner of the cars was not a happy guy!
    I'd assume they are the owners, unless you know otherwise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

I'd assume they are the owners, unless you know otherwise?

The Cars were rented

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement