Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor Mcgregor arrested again

Options

Comments

fin12 wrote: »
    What will it take for Dee to leave him?

Oh ya probably when he ends up back on the dole. The child maintenance payments will be crippling.

he'll still have plenty of cash.

not that much use if you're locked up in Arbour Hill for ten years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

fin12 wrote: »
    What will it take for Dee to leave him?

Oh ya probably when he ends up back on the dole. The child maintenance payments will be crippling.

It takes a spectacular type of gobsh1te to bring dee into this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

glasso wrote: »

It’s actually hilarious how people have him guilty already.

Does this happen with other people accused of things or just McGregor?

Like why bother with a trial etc.

It’s actually hilarious how people have him guilty already.

Does this happen with other people accused of things or just McGregor?

Like why bother with a trial etc.

Obviously innocent tíl proven otherwise... It's just there's a lot of people alleging they were there

It's not like it would be out of character..

• Advertisement

It's not like it would be out of character..

On the third day of a coke and booze bender most definitely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Who was the captain of Real Madrid in the mid 90s? Without googling.

Fernando Hierro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Hierro was captain around 2001. Late nineties aswell. When I think of a real Madrid nineties team.. I think of that slavic lad who scored against juventus in a CL final. Don't think he captained them. They also had a German goalkeeper who could have captained them. I can't remember their names, just abstract images.

Redondo is another player that could have captained.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Hierro was captain around 2001. Late nineties aswell. When I think of a real Madrid nineties team.. I think of that slavic lad who scored against juventus in a CL final. Don't think he captained them. They also had a German goalkeeper who could have captained them. I can't remember their names, just abstract images.

Bodo Illegner was the keeper I think...name is definitely spelt wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

Bodo Illegner was the keeper I think...name is definitely spelt wrong

Your right. Bodo is a cool first name. I'm not sure how to spell his name either.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

upinsmoke wrote: »

Didn't agree with the Khabib trolley throw but hey it made him more money at the end of the day. If it made me an extra few million I'd do it as well

I thought it was an interesting sociological experiment - what would happen if you gave a gang of skangers unlimited money, cocaine and transport? As it turns out they would fly to another continent, get off their heads, start a fight and smash bus windows. Kind of blows apart the whole "ders no fassiliteeaz fur the kidz" argument...

sabat wrote: »
    I thought it was an interesting sociological experiment - what would happen if you gave a gang of skangers unlimited money, cocaine and transport? As it turns out they would fly to another continent, get off their heads, start a fight and smash bus windows. Kind of blows apart the whole "ders no fassiliteeaz fur the kidz" argument...

That's how I have been viewing his rise to fame since I started paying attention..

in fairness he did earn that money. The difference in PPV numbers when he's not fighting is staggering. Id go as far to say he also added value to the company when it was sold.

sad how it worked out

Scobes be scobes.

Plus ca change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Bit of a non story. He was probably after having a ‘very good night’ and got a bit aggressive leaving the club. Could happen to the best of us.
    Oh that's ok so.
    A few months in pokey with Big Bubba will sort him

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Ten years? 14 months suspended at best.

upinsmoke wrote: »
    An entrepreneur and a skilled fighter come to mind.

Didn't agree with the Khabib trolley throw but hey it made him more money at the end of the day. If it made me an extra few million I'd do it as well

Rose Namajunas developed agoraphobia and was in therapy for months, Ray Borg's eye was lacerated, he could have been blinded or even lost his eye, but sure isn't Conor grand hyping up the fight, top lad. Our ability to rationalize, accept and at times celebrate crime and criminal behavior makes me ashamed to be Irish.

El_Bee wrote: »
    Ten years? 14 months suspended at best.

For the other thing, not the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Rose Namajunas developed agoraphobia and was in therapy for months, Ray Borg's eye was lacerated, he could have been blinded or even lost his eye, but sure isn't Conor grand hyping up the fight, top lad. Our ability to rationalize, accept and at times celebrate crime and criminal behavior makes me ashamed to be Irish.

He went into full knacker mode

For the other thing, not the phone

I wasn't referring to the phone either, I can't say what I would like to do with the judiciary in this country.

• Advertisement

I wasn't referring to the phone either, I can't say what I would like to do with the judiciary in this country.

they might make an exception in this case if they get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Find it a bit strange that the Guardian in the UK have gone with reporting the story yet the tabloids (Mail, Mirror, Star etc), have chosen to stay silent.
    Wonder are they being kept under wraps, or sitting on it waiting for the right time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Find it a bit strange that the Guardian in the UK have gone with reporting the story yet the tabloids (Mail, Mirror, Star etc), have chosen to stay silent.
    Wonder are they being kept under wraps, or sitting on it waiting for the right time.

Conor's PR team working overtime? The tabloids probably know that their audience won't want their hero torn down in such a way, they want to sell papers after all.

2 page spread/advertisement in the sunday world today about him buying some house in kildare, they touched on his retirement but not a word on the sexual assault allegations.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,519 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

El_Bee wrote:
    2 page spread/advertisement in the sunday world today about him buying some house in kildare, they touched on his retirement but not a word on the sexual assault allegations.
    Well the sexual assault allegations might be a money thing. There might not have been any incident.
    Lots of people ready to jump on board any story and find him guilty before he is even charged.
    I get that his mouth has been vile at times but the hate towards him is unbelievable. The majority of my work colleagues despise him.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well the sexual assault allegations might be a money thing. There might not have been any incident. .

This kind of thing makes me laugh, how would it be a 'money thing'?
    It's a criminal investigation, injured party make a statement to gardai, who will investigate, DPP will decide in charges.
    How could it be a 'money thing'?
    I'm not saying he is guilty or not, I'm making no assumptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

bubblypop wrote: »
    This kind of thing makes me laugh, how would it be a 'money thing'?
    It's a criminal investigation, injured party make a statement to gardai, who will investigate, DPP will decide in charges.
    How could it be a 'money thing'?
    I'm not saying he is guilty or not, I'm making no assumptions.
    Working class guy gets rich and famous through his own dedication and hard work.
    Of course people are going to despise him.
    Of course the gold-diggers are going to show up.

recedite wrote: »
    Working class guy gets rich and famous through his own dedication and hard work.
    Of course people are going to despise him.
    Of course the gold-diggers are going to show up.

Explain how someone making a criminal complaint against him equals a gold digger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-The next person to post unfounded libellous stuff is getting a very long holiday from AH. Thread will remain locked for one hour so everyone can see this post as ignorance will not be a defence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Thread reopened. Heed the warning

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement