Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor Mcgregor arrested again

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

The Nal wrote: »
    Would've been a very dangerous punch if Mayweather left himself open like this to a an actual boxer.

SophisticatedFrenchGannet-size_restricted.gif

Maywether wouldn't leave himself open like that against an actual boxer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Tap, tap, miss, miss....cool combo, bro.

Conor tapping eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

The Nal wrote: »
    Would've been a very dangerous punch if Mayweather left himself open like this to a an actual boxer.

SophisticatedFrenchGannet-size_restricted.gif

Conor literally didn't know how to punch with boxing gloves on, Maidana hit Floyd with half that power and rocked him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭upinsmoke

Mayweather maybe under estimated him a small bit but could have finished him whenever he wanted, was thinking of the money if it was organized again is why he left it go so long

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Beechwoodspark doesn't...

Ohhhh I get it all right. Don’t you worry bout me

• Advertisement

McTapper was never funny. It's always been stupid. However, it's slightly less shít than McNuggets. El Tappo was actually pretty good given he was doing the whole El Chappo thing at the time. It gave me a laugh at the time. Why any one would use McTapper instead of El Tappo I will never know.

Mctapper is the name that stuck - get over it!

El tappo is massive in Latin America but mctapper is North America and Europe.

Mctapper is the name that stuck - get over it!

El tappo is massive in Latin America but mctapper is North America and Europe.

That's kind of sad really. I get that you don't like him but shouldn't begrudge anyway that is successful

upinsmoke wrote: »
    That's kind of sad really. I get that you don't like him but shouldn't begrudge anyway that is successful

I don’t care either way about him.

I’d happily have a drink with him and Dee - once he was paying and AFTER the court case whether he is acquitted or else after he does his time in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I assume you mean Mayweather there. I'm a McGregor fan and I knew people who were betting money on McGregor to win. I couldn't understand it at all. He was only 3/1 or 4/1 and people thought they were great odds when realistically he only had a slim chance of winning it. It was crazy stuff.

No I mean they made me a lot of my by backing McGregor. In a sane world the odds on Mayweather would be 1/25. The whole country backed McGregor though and totally skewed the odds and gifted those who have the slightest clue about boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Did Floyd let Conor land that big uppercut on him just for the craic as well? Got bored of dodging everything so he decided to see what all the fuss was about with this getting punched in the face thing?

The fight was a mismatch with a foregone conclusion from the jump, but don't take it too far lads.
    tappo is massive in Latin America but mctapper is North America and Europe.

As I said before, I wouldn't be a fan of that kind of talk but... "El Tappo" hahaha. That got me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Genuine question, why do McGregor fans refer to him constantly by first name? Conor this and Conor that. Both online, in gyms, pubs etc.

You'd think all these people knew him in person. Makes them sound like fawning kids.

With all his wrap the green flag around me BS I'd say you only have to go back a few generations to find he's a Scot.

Marengo wrote: »
    Genuine question, why do McGregor fans refer to him constantly by first name? Conor this and Conor that. Both online, in gyms, pubs etc.

You'd think all these people knew him in person. Makes them sound like fawning kids.

With all his wrap the green flag around me BS I'd say you only have to go back a few generations to find he's a Scot.

Really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

That’s your biggest worry?

You need to get out more.

upinsmoke wrote: »
    Really

His name is mctapper or el tappo

That’s your biggest worry?

You need to get out more.

The 'Conor' lovers are bitting ;)

Make love to me Conor says Wheelie bin :-D

Ah god.

Ah god.

'Ah God'

Conor here, I heard your call Wheelie bin ;)

That’s the scouser?

That’s the scouser?

Who's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

As much of a scumbag as he is McGregor is our most famous athlete right now, Living in Beijing i promise you they haven't a clue who Padraig Harrington, BOD or Sonia o Sullivan are. Some of them know Roy Keane tho lots of Utd fans around the place. I'd say top 3 is easily McGregor, Keane and Rory. In fact him being so famous is one reason i hate him so much. I hate that when people think of a famous Irish person they think of that knuckle dragger. The man and has fans have presented a terrible image of our country, like seriously what must people have thought of our country watch the great unwashed in Vegas after he Mcgregor got destroyed by Khabib.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

RWCNT wrote: »
    Did Floyd let Conor land that big uppercut on him just for the craic as well? Got bored of dodging everything so he decided to see what all the fuss was about with this getting punched in the face thing?

The fight was a mismatch with a foregone conclusion from the jump, but don't take it too far lads.

As I said before, I wouldn't be a fan of that kind of talk but... "El Tappo" hahaha. That got me.

The “big uppercut” that McGregor landed?? I presume you’re talking about the one where the back of his hand hit Floyds chest and went up around his neck/side of his face

The “big uppercut” that McGregor landed?? I presume you’re talking about the one where the back of his hand hit Floyds chest and went up around his neck/side of his face

U ok hun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

U ok hun?

I’m grand. The video of the “punch” is a few posts back.

I’m grand. The video of the “punch” is a few posts back.

Don’t stress so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

How people can continue to sport this moron is beyond me.

I don’t care how much you like the so-called sport of MMA, McGregor is an egotistical thug and should not be held up as representative of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

McTapper was never funny. It's always been stupid. However, it's slightly less shít than McNuggets. El Tappo was actually pretty good given he was doing the whole El Chappo thing at the time. It gave me a laugh at the time. Why any one would use McTapper instead of El Tappo I will never know.

El Tappo.....that is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

You have to wonder about El Tappo though

What would of happened to him had he actually started fighting lads in his own weight class when he first came on the scene. Rather than cutting a tonne of weight just to fight migets.

He’d be back on the dole a few years ago, I’d wager

• Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Marengo wrote:
    Well I don't know Rory McIlroy or Padraig Harrington but often say Rory this and Padraig that.

I always thought Mctapper was kind of funny.. and especially the reaction it gets from the fans..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

We're talking about the same punch, and it clearly lands as evidenced by Floyd's reaction.

I'll admit that I havnt watched the fight since it happened and it's nowhere near the shot I remember it being but it obviously landed and Floyd clearly didn't just let it happen for ****s and giggles. People over-egg the "Floyd was just messing around with Conor" angle to take credit away from McGregor and its a bit daft.
    so-called sport of MMA

It's so-called...because it is. That like calling boards.ie a so-called website.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement