Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

Lismore120 wrote: »
    Perfect, thanks very much.

I didnt get that much notice for my PCT but I didnt mind. 4 weeks is a nice notice period though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lismore120

I didnt get that much notice for my PCT but I didnt mind. 4 weeks is a nice notice period though!

The sooner the better haha. Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

They want me to pay a GP to weigh me for my bmi....getting very frustrated now feel like giving up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bryan1986

They want me to pay a GP to weigh me for my bmi....getting very frustrated now feel like giving up on it.
    If you think you'll pass just do it. If not ask to delay and lose some weight. Easier said then done I know but there are restrictions for the job for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Everyone has to do it. You will also get other tests done. Like eyesight etc

• Advertisement

Ive already been to their doctor, my own doctor, a civil servant who weighed me and belittled my 6 lbs I lost over christmas in a follow up call and now another 60 quid to spend to be told maybe I can do a step test! Ive lost nearly 2 stone since the first weigh in and its getting to be a pain in the arse at this stage considering I do the running in the gym with 30 seconds to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Ive already been to their doctor, my own doctor, a civil servant who weighed me and belittled my 6 lbs I lost over christmas in a follow up call and now another 60 quid to spend to be told maybe I can do a step test! Ive lost nearly 2 stone since the first weigh in and its getting to be a pain in the arse at this stage considering I do the running in the gym with 30 seconds to spare.

Then just pay the test. It's 60 quid for a career

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bryan1986

Sounds to me like your miles off the level you need. Give it a miss sure and try another time if your that upset about

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You’re also gonna need a thick skin for this job. People are gonna belittle the life out of you in prison a lot if they can. That’s just how it is. Not saying that to put down your achievements because you sound like you’re dropping weight and that’s not easy. Fair play and well done. Just letting you know how it can be inside. Something to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Keep going I know it’s easier said than done but you’ve come this far! You will and can do it! Best of luck 💪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 kenny80

Dont give up now man, I no what it's like trying to lose weight , but think about how far u have come. dont give it all up for the sake of the last few pounds. you no you will regret it

Is there a time limit to get seen? Only need to lose another 2kg before I go see a Doc but Im also out of work so 60 is a lot considering rent bills and child support etc

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dean2020

Did anyone get anything else since the questionaire waiting for the judegment test taking their time to send it on

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LilCa

Has anyone been given a date for the psychical? Got an email today, just wondering has anyone else.

Is there a time limit to get seen? Only need to lose another 2kg before I go see a Doc but Im also out of work so 60 is a lot considering rent bills and child support etc

that's just a bit over 4 lbs you can do it. As for time limits r that I dont no but if I was you I wud ring them an just be honest about it we are all human an so are they an there very nice anyway any time I've been talking to them

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2019candidate

Anyone from 2019 application's (March/April 2019), hear back from the IPS regarding their security clearance coming back?

Studying for stage 2 getting called up in early march any adivce please finding the maths very hard

• Registered Users Posts: 8 2019candidate

Dean2020 wrote: »
    Studying for stage 2 getting called up in early march any adivce please finding the maths very hard

There is a system to the maths questions, you have to work backwards and calculate the formula. Look at the practice materials they send you, I'm awful at maths and wouldnt have been able to pass them without practicing them. My advise is dont go in there and just hope to wing it.

The maths is very hard struggling with it did u get a score few weeks later what u got in your maths test when u did it

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Try Kilroys college online course or career services I believe both do courses to prepare you! Not sure if they online or you have to go

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 christy G

Dean2020 wrote: »

Did you do the 2020 questionnaire? When did you get called to stage 2 ? I thought you have to do stage 1 online first thanks in advance

Yes l did the questionaire got email on career services veral and the maths is not going to be in stage 1 going to be different recruitment campaign pepare to 2018 and 2019 first group going to be called up in early march so expecting to be called up in exam centre sometime in march struggling with maths abit got bit of time to get it together l do before exam centre

Do they do classroom for stage 2 Of the prison campaign when it's getting closer to stage 2 call into exam centre does anyone now

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gandijp

Hi did anyone over 160 oom get called for the medical yet?

Gandijp wrote: »

I'm under that number man sorry I'm no help

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Roboloinsaigh

I’m 161 and haven’t got mine

Best of luck everyone whos sitting stage 2 in early march we should be all ok if we study until up to the day of the exam centre bit nevoues about it think we all are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BK1997

I’m 161 and haven’t got mine

Got my medical today did anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gandijp

Yeah got mine today aswell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BK1997

Yeah got mine today aswell

Deadly best of luck ðŸ˜ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Advertisement