Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Alc 1986

Are you from 2019 campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Willoughby

Alc 1986 wrote: »

I am anyway.

Alc 1986 wrote: »

I am anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kenny80

I'm from the 2019 campaign. I've all done everything just waiting for SECURITY CLEARANCE. fitness test an all. Done it in January. Who knows what's going on now with the way the country is what will happen. I think it's very unfair to be just left hanging for months on ends without knowing anything. But we all in the same boat so its wait r forget bout it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

kenny80 wrote: »
    I'm from the 2019 campaign. I've all done everything just waiting for SECURITY CLEARANCE. fitness test an all. Done it in January. Who knows what's going on now with the way the country is what will happen. I think it's very unfair to be just left hanging for months on ends without knowing anything. But we all in the same boat so its wait r forget bout it

Im worse off, cant go to a Doctor to get weighed and a letter sent off due to restrictions, once thats done I have to do a step test before they'll allow me to do a fitness test which Im dreading due to lack of gym work, Im going to be so far behind the rest of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 hmurray15

Just do as much cardio work as possible start by walking the 5km from your house build up to jogging it in intervals then in about a month you'll be able to jog the whole thing. Also if your struggling with weight try to remove sugar from your diet I know it's hard very hard but take it from me how you feel without it is so worth it. Good luck

hmurray15 wrote: »
    Just do as much cardio work as possible start by walking the 5km from your house build up to jogging it in intervals then in about a month you'll be able to jog the whole thing. Also if your struggling with weight try to remove sugar from your diet I know it's hard very hard but take it from me how you feel without it is so worth it. Good luck

I can walk forever lol Ive cut out loads of stuff but feel more out of shape due to no lifting in the gym etc

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

I can walk forever lol Ive cut out loads of stuff but feel more out of shape due to no lifting in the gym etc

You're gonna have to target your training to address your specific issues, nobody fails on the strength test, it's predominantly the shuttle runs that let people down. They're not looking for buff gym bunnies, get the weight down and work on the cardio. Best of luck with it whenever it comes round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Hemmingsway

you dont need a gym to stay in shape. Squats, Lunges, Planks, Push-ups, Tricep dips, use your own bodyweight, you will be amazed what a couple of weeks/months of home workouts can do for your fitness. Get creative and use stuff around the house if your looking to add weight to the workout. Fill a backpack and take a walk or a run. Be fit in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Alc 1986

100% you dont need a gym whatsoever get out and increase your fitness levels by fast walking light jogs ,get that heart rate increased.not trying to sound mean but you can get as fit as you like without the gym,there is no excuse.get motivated and push yourself.You can do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dean2020

Is this the last recruitment drive by the lrish prision service hoping to get in next time around this be my 3rd time applying next time around heard going to be recruitment drive for the next few years Hoping this is true.

Is there a number to call to enquire about the clearance?

Is there a number to call to enquire about the clearance?

They specifically said was no way to check up

hmurray15 wrote: »
    They specifically said was no way to check up

Thought I read on here someone had rung them.

Thought I read on here someone had rung them.

I rang them 6 weeks and they said they were waiting on my Garda clearance. Google Irish Prison Service Longford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BK1997

Did anybody hear anything back yet? About the Secuirty Clearance from 2019 campaign?
    Thanks

BK1997 wrote: »
    Did anybody hear anything back yet? About the Secuirty Clearance from 2019 campaign?
    Thanks

Nope and I've been waiting since September /October time. Getting very frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

No nothing, I’m wondering are they still processing them or has it stopped waiting since September also

Ye that’s the same as myself I’m waiting since September/ October if they even sent it off then after the interview?
    I hope they didn’t stop doing them
    The college is back open so that’s a good thing
    But all Physical exams are cancelled till further notice I hope they cancel them completely haha they did that a couple of years ago.
    From reading this I think their is still allot of 2018 campaign people waiting

Ye that’s the same as myself I’m waiting since September/ October if they even sent it off then after the interview?
    I hope they didn’t stop doing them
    The college is back open so that’s a good thing
    But all Physical exams are cancelled till further notice I hope they cancel them completely haha they did that a couple of years ago.
    From reading this I think their is still allot of 2018 campaign people waiting

What happened a few years ago? Did they take people on without a fitness test?

• Advertisement

I was to do fitness in March and bricking it now as haven’t done a lot of training since but started back Friday just in case

It got cancelled for some reasons and he didn’t have to do one I’m not sure what happened. That’s why I’m praying it happens for us too

I was to do fitness in March and bricking it now as haven’t done a lot of training since but started back Friday just in case

What number are you on the oom? Did they email you with a cancelation for that March one?

My fitness has gone so bad! Need to shape up asap.

What number are you on the oom? Did they email you with a cancelation for that March one?

No they didn’t give me another date just said cancelled until further notice, I’m between 100-120

No they didn’t give me another date just said cancelled until further notice, I’m between 100-120

That’s okay I’m not to far behind you
    It would be great if they cancelled it all together her and just got us in

That’s okay I’m not to far behind you
    It would be great if they cancelled it all together her and just got us in

Absolutely but wouldn’t count on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kenny80

The fitness test is'nt that bad guys, I have that done, I done it n January. I have to say there 100% down there. It's kinda hard fail it to be honest, an that's coming from a 40 year old man that smoked for more than half his life. It's the security clearance that's the sticking point for us all. If we all add our clearance sure they cud do 100 r even 200 fitness tests in the week if they wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lorcanber1

Hi all ,
    I am oom 229 from 2019 campaign.
    Into stage 4. Did my interview last October but haven't heard a thing since. Is there any1 getting any communication from prison service.
    In a full time job and need to know where I stand asap.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Lorcanber1 wrote:
    Hi all , I am oom 229 from 2019 campaign. Into stage 4. Did my interview last October but haven't heard a thing since. Is there any1 getting any communication from prison service. In a full time job and need to know where I stand asap. Thanks

I'm confused as to why your full time employment status adds urgency to the situation. It is what it is, they are pitifully slow, covid is making things slower. If it's gonna happen for you, it'll happen. Best of luck with it.

Advertisement