Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Phillip D

Heard starting is 27k but with overtime and weekend/night rates it can go a lot higher.

Yeah if heard its around 47k a year but would you want to be working 50 or so hours a week , will spend most of your life in prison

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Phillip D wrote: »
    Yeah if heard its around 47k a year but would you want to be working 50 or so hours a week , will spend most of your life in prison

Getting great practice during this isolation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dean2020

Bit of a let down today that l failed that was my second time to do this and if be my last l think going to get into the garda in the near future l think fair play to all who pass stage 3 for a interview best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Dean2020 wrote: »
    Bit of a let down today that l failed that was my second time to do this and if be my last l think going to get into the garda in the near future l think fair play to all who pass stage 3 for a interview best of luck

Don’t worry man, think of this as an experience for yourself! I myself have applied for the guards 3 times already and I’ll apply again when they recruit (I’ve never made it past stage 2). Purely because I have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If I were you, I’d look up similar maths to those which were in stage two and practice, practice, practice! That’s all there is to it! As simple as that!

Pass the maths l did very well l did wont lie most of them were guessing and l pass with a good score l did fail on the veral it was tricky tho all l can move do on like what u said it was good experaince that l dont forget and l will learn from this dont stop trying am sure when u apply for the garda next time they recruit u will get pass stage 2 cause u got brillant expericne what its like and see what impoverments u can do to get pass stage 2 for the garda thanks man for the good advice

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 christy G

Have you applied for the garda before it's pretty much the same tests , I think a lot more go for the garda I could he wrong, I remember someone said before they went from the prison service to garda as didnt like working in the prison . You need to do an irish oral if you failed Irish in the leaving. Best of luck just keep trying and you will get in they will be recruiting for the next few years aswell as garda .

Haven't applied for the gardas yet this time Around when Thier taking on More recruits l will apply l will see first one l will get into the gardas your the prison service Heard actually stage 2 for the gardas is actually much easier an for the stage 2 For the prison service keep trying l won't give up now l will it was good experience doing stage 2 so lf l get to stage 2 for the gardas have fair idea what's it's going to be like again if l get to stage 2 again for the prison service in the near future their taking on more recruits each year for the next few years anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

Haven't applied for the gardas yet this time Around when Thier taking on More recruits l will apply l will see first one l will get into the gardas your the prison service Heard actually stage 2 for the gardas is actually much easier an for the stage 2 For the prison service keep trying l won't give up now l will it was good experience doing stage 2 so lf l get to stage 2 for the gardas have fair idea what's it's going to be like again if l get to stage 2 again for the prison service in the near future their taking on more recruits each year for the next few years anyways.

stage is 2 for the guards is far from easy, a lot fail on stage 2, its a supervised test of the same tests in stage 1, and if you get passed it, even more fail during stage 3, the interview, so don't take it lightly , unlucky on failing today, but don't take any recruitment phase lightly

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hearns2017

Anyone in the upcoming May class?
    I am from 2018 campaign by the way!

Anyone now when the recruitment drive end for the prison service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BK1997

Anyone now when the recruitment drive end for the prison service.

I heard that the last recruitment was that one that just passed Not sure though could be just a rumor

Hopefully it's a rumour fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭timmy2772

Anybody hear anymore about the stage 3 interviews for the 2020 recruitment drive. Or even recieve an e-mail with the job specification or list of competencies for the interview ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

timmy2772 wrote: »
    Anybody hear anymore about the stage 3 interviews for the 2020 recruitment drive. Or even recieve an e-mail with the job specification or list of competencies for the interview ??

I assumed applicants would receive a message through publicjobs message board??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Anyone from 2019 get their clearance through yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Beegan1989

Hearns2017 wrote: »
    Anyone in the upcoming May class?
    I am from 2018 campaign by the way!

Yeah I'm starting 5th of may from 2018 too

So the may class is definitely going ahead?

Anyone from 2019 get their clearance through yet?

How do we find out? I haven't heard anything.

They contact you directly! I’m wondering have many had theirs yet! I’m still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Alc 1986

Im from 2019 and just waiting to do fitness test ,anyone else in same position?

• Advertisement

Still waiting on clearance too ,wonder if this virus will put us back months

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Willoughby

Alc 1986 wrote: »
    Im from 2019 and just waiting to do fitness test ,anyone else in same position?

Very same. Waiting on fitness and clearance.

Where did you place. Im between 100 and 110.

Same as between 100-110 , looking unlikely we’re going anywhere soon

Ill be a bit further back than you all because I need a Doctors letter to say I lost a certain amount of weight....not helpful with no gyms.

Im about 250 on the list from the interview ,ready for fitness just dont know when be called especially with this covid 19 thing.like would they even be able to have people in a classroom.hopefully dont have to wait another 6 months

Alc 1986 wrote: »
    Im about 250 on the list from the interview ,ready for fitness just dont know when be called especially with this covid 19 thing.like would they even be able to have people in a classroom.hopefully dont have to wait another 6 months

I think they will rush it through once lockdown ends or eases at least.

So lockdown not looking like ending until August, how do you guys think our applications will process?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

So lockdown not looking like ending until August, how do you guys think our applications will process?

Slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hmurray15

I'm still waiting for the clearance did my fitness in December its a long wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Willoughby

hmurray15 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the clearance did my fitness in December its a long wait.

Right. They told me you couldnt do fitness until after Garda clearance came through. Just did my medical up until now. Would like to have fitness out of way.

Advertisement