Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭starstothesun

BK1997 wrote: »
    Deadly best of luck ðŸ˜ðŸ‘ðŸ»

Approx what number were u? Friend is in the 135-150 group just wondering to have an idea for her

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gandijp

Approx what number were u? Friend is in the 135-150 group just wondering to have an idea for her

I’m 160 and got it yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dean2020

Anyone have any advice for stage 2 is it trickley and hard thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

Stage 2 is fine dont worry about it, get a good nights sleep and leave in plenty of time to get to the city centre. The actual testing is fine its the same as stage 1 so just go in and do it. Make sure you listen to the staff giving instructions but apart from that its fine not tricky or hard.

Thanks very much keep that it with my studying until the exam centre the campaign being run diffrent this year it is just had to do questionarie only that stage 1 their was no maths and veral invoveld in stage 1 maths and veral going to be held in stage 2 l be grand keep that it with me studying l should pass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I have stage 2 tomorrow and I think I’m going to fail with the maths.. absolutely bricking it!

U be ok dont worry about it am in 12th of march worrying abouts maths aswell dont worry to much thier not looking for pefect score

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭timmy2772

Hey guys, just wondering how everyone is finding stage 2 for the 2020 recruitment...have mine next tuesday 10th.....is it hard ?

Am in that the 12th of march l am very nervoes thinking about it l am

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kiera4

Im up on the 11th of March, also very worried about the math. Good luck

• Advertisement

Stress out meself l am thinking about it l heard their not looking for great score in the maths we could be fine just studying the maths no point going in their hoping to wing it do the study and ya pass the maths ya will

What do you make of the verbal reasoning. The one they sent us was tricky

Ya that first it was hard after studying for a week had no problem with it got true 59 questions in base of 5 mins that many times l was doing the veral reasnoing over and over getting it in me head got 48 out of 59 which is very good worrying about maths

Veral was hard that first l was that many times doing it over and over l had no problem with it l didnt flying true the veral l am maths got me worrying to much its not going to be easy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 christy G

Hi what is the maths like this year they didnt do stage one online this year so how are you meant to know what this year is like ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 christy G

Hi is the maths questions have to work backwards and calculate the formula. So it's the same as last year ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

Was into day doing the exam verbal was grand maths was ok few tricky ones what did everyone else think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

Abbey127 wrote: »
    Was into day doing the exam verbal was grand maths was ok few tricky ones what did everyone else think ?

Hi was this for Northern Ireland prison service position ?

Could you give any idea on the mathematical question. Reading up people are saying you work backwards to answer the questions is this correct

Thanks

Did stage 2 today maths very hard dunno ratehr l pass your fail l heard their not looking for pefect score its just a wating game now

When you were running out of time in the maths Dean did you just start picking anything and take a chance you pick the right answer !!

• Advertisement

Say timmy 98% of my class had problems with maths all of them didnt get the maths right they made few guessing they did like meself had no choice to start guessing a few questions got all maths questions answer l did it was just to hard really was most of the people was struggling with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Gym closed for 2 weeks at least! Not good for getting my fitness up lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Hope everyone is safe !for all still awaiting pct keep training! Going to be a hard time for us all but let’s focus on the positive x we’ll get there !������

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bryan1986

Out of curiosity I wonder has anybody from the 2019 campaign started or had clearance back?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Willoughby

Bryan1986 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity I wonder has anybody from the 2019 campaign started or had clearance back?

I have got as far as having medical completed. Sent in Garda clearance form last August but it still hasnt come through.

So I still have to do do physical. Placed between 100 and 110.

I wonder how this virus/lockdown is going to affect our applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lorcanber1

You would hope that now they would look at speeding up the process , theres bigger things to worry about at the moment thou!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Phillip D

Can anyone tell me the salary, and how much can it go to

Phillip D wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the salary, and how much can it go to

Heard starting is 27k but with overtime and weekend/night rates it can go a lot higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Choncho

When will we know the order we came going into stage 3?

Advertisement