Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Page 69, lol

Game appropriate humour...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What's with the long Claptrap loading screen at the beginning anyone know?

menus were very slow yesterday

woke up early and matchmade into slaughterstar 3000, online glitch must have activated as xp was big, both died wave 2, one left. The other chap gamely threw grenades from the walkway in support. Round 2 he died in wave 1.
    Round 3 I revived him about 6-7 times and he survived. He went down again early in Round 4, got him up a couple of times and then I died trying to get him up but Guardian Angel proccd. Round 5 I more or less solod.

They sure made it look difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

What's with the long Claptrap loading screen at the beginning anyone know?

I've never understood when developers put stuff like that into loading screens. Surely it just makes the loading take slightly longer because it's also playing that animation?

Anyway, internet is down at home for a few days so just did a quick bit of boss farming last night with Graveward and Tyreen. Didn't get anything useful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Glitch to get loads of legendary gears if your a Flak main.

you can do that with Amara too

slaughtershaft has become a real pain, at the entrance there's an enemy that spawns just above the dump truck but he doesn't jump out and you can't kill him. It's frustrated me maybe 5 our of the last 10 runs it's super annoying.

Penn, I sent you some guns and stuff yesterday if you're internet's down they're stuck in cyberspace. I hope I sent them to you otherwise some dude is getting a really weird message from gimli2112

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Penn, I sent you some guns and stuff yesterday if you're internet's down they're stuck in cyberspace. I hope I sent them to you otherwise some dude is getting a really weird message from gimli2112

Got and accepted your friend request through the app anyway. Might have a temporary fix to get online tonight so will check then. Cheers again, lad!

TitianGerm wrote: »

Glitch to get loads of legendary gears if your a Flak main.

No good to me but offline this spot between the Jakobs chest, hekler and the tink I 've an anointed transformer and some other nice bits.

What I'm curious about is if you shoot the backpack while the tink is still alive and it drops a legendary does that take away from what he might drop when he's dead???? ie kill it fast or shoot the backback :confused:

No good to me but offline this spot between the Jakobs chest, hekler and the tink I 've an anointed transformer and some other nice bits.

What I'm curious about is if you shoot the backpack while the tink is still alive and it drops a legendary does that take away from what he might drop when he's dead???? ie kill it fast or shoot the backback :confused:

I don't think so. I think it's the same odds for every item drop regardless.

Might try the Amara method tonight, see what I get from it for a while (since I might have to play offline anyway).

Just a FYI if you are running that spot, not sure if the video mentions it or not. She seemed to be going to the same spot and quitting out, the tink can spawn there like she shows but it can also be one of the two that spawns with Heckle and it can also be one that spawns on the ledge above those.

I had one spawn with Heckle and didn't spot a second one on the ledge until it was too late and he got away.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

amara infinite farm

• Advertisement

today's patch has murdered some of my favourite stuff
    cutsman -25% damage
    hex grenades -70% damage and duration reduced to 3 seconds
    lyuda - -30% crit damage
    flakker - -33% damage and full magazine gone on a trigger pull
    crossroads - accuarcy reduced and fires 3 projectiles now not 4
    Elemental projector - damage reduced to 90%

yeah whatever, nerfs annoy me so much

Another reason to stay offline for a while longer. Really though that nerf to the Lyuda will be minimal to me between my com that has 18% crit and 31% sniper damage and guardian ranks all above 10%

They increased the damage on the conference call but nerfed the butcher booooo.

Iron bear got a 50% health boost yay but still not gonna make me use him. Moze is at a serious disadvantage for anointed perks compared to the others and I think going forward I'm going to have to say good bye to her. Like Zane as some really cool anointed perks simply for swapping places with his digi clone.

"Shield Boosters were modified and are now set for autopickup" that has possibilities

Full list of changes here : https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-10-17-borderlands-3-hotfixes-oct-17/

played a little earlier and the nerfs to the hex and cutsman didn't seem to make much difference, my mate and I were saying just yesterday there's no challenge anymore and I kind of understand why they've done this but my default position is "boo nerfs".
    that the stash space hasn't been looked at in addition to gun balance is nigh on unforgiveable
    also slaughtershaft seems constantly bugged now or maybe I'm just unlucky, enemy failed to spawn in a different location yesterday

I think some of the changes are fair enough, but some are just changes for the sake of change, simply because "This gun is better in more situations and suit more playstyles than others", and those are changes I dislike.

If something's not working the way it was intended, fair enough. If something's ridiculously overpowered, fair enough. But if something's just reasonably better than most other guns, it's just a better gun, and when you have bazillions of guns, some are going to be better. Nerfs like that annoy me.

Also, they shouldn't have split the Crossroads into 3 projectiles instead of 4. It's a Crossroads, not a T-Junction.

it's the way these games like this go now, the devs have all the data and they see a certain gun/perk/loadout is being used far more than others so they nerf it into the ground. In my opinion it shows a total lack of understanding of the mentality of people who play their game. I could sum it up with [EMAIL="DON@T NERF MY FMN STUFF!!!!"]DON'T NERF MY FN STUFF!!!![/EMAIL]

no-one cares if they fiddle with something they're not using but if you've farmed or been lucky enough to get a god roll cutsman and they knock 25% damage off it, well that's me staring at the ceiling at 3am

Was getting kind of bored, so checked the trophy list and wasn't too far off so cleaned up the last of them last night for the platinum. Surprised all the crew challenges weren't required, was sure I'd have to get all the claptraps and typhon logs which probably would have put me off. Bad enough doing the last few eridian logs. Also had to go online and do a duel and revive other players but wasn't too bad.

Half tempted to start a new character but I still think Amara was the right character to go with for me and with DLC coming I'd prefer to stick with her. Just don't know if I can be hugely bothered playing as much in the next few weeks.

I've stopped playing, you get to a point farming gear when you realise that it's for nothing. I've a bank and 6 mules full and to do what? To hold on to incase something gets a buff and becomes good or to throw out once the cap gets raised?

Yeah it's why I haven't even bothered with mules or anything. The legendaries are so plentiful and there'll likely be a level cap raise coming, so just no point.

I jumped back into BL2 during the summer, and remember farming The Warrior and some other bosses repeatedly. Most of the time they wouldn't even drop a legendary.

Now you can farm Graveward on Mayhem 3 and get about 3 legendaries each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

What the hell is a mule?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    What the hell is a mule?

Basically it's a character created to be used as just an extra bank for your main character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

trinkets, you discover them, think they are so fn cool and then never think of them again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

gimli2112 wrote: »
    trinkets, you discover them, think they are so fn cool and then never think of them again

They annoyed me so real bad. So much I had to take them off my guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

So it seems I have to wait until Borderlands 4 to finish the story or so I thought. Ah no seriously I knew it was a countdown. Nice little trick but that guy was pretty difficult. As Fl4k my pet was useless kept dying in a few seconds once he came back to life.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-10-22-borderlands-3-mayhem-on-twitch/?email_address=&timestamp=1571760404&user_id=128172483&username=3f2fff60754b8758a545662783f59152f7f8abf37aff75977a5e2d3b54559f46&verified=1&sig=e598aba7dcacdfe9e798345b33d06f25

New Week of Content starts today, called Mayhem on Twitch

However, it's not exclusive to anything on Twitch, it's in fact two separate things, one related to Mayhem Mode, one for Twitch streams.

For the Mayhem Mode content, the changes (so long as any Mayhem Mode is active) are:
    - Increased drop chance for Anointed Gear
    - Increased XP gains
    - Reduced values for various Mayhem Mode penalty modifiers

Couldn't resist checking it out , Graveward has dropped 3 anointed Rowans calls so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just went to finally try the DLC in BL2 that was the prequel to this and they're now charging $22 aud for it.

Talk about a kick in the nuts. Doesn't really make me want to buy 3 now gearbox.

Just went to finally try the DLC in BL2 that was the prequel to this and they're now charging $22 aud for it.

Talk about a kick in the nuts. Doesn't really make me want to buy 3 now gearbox.

In fairness, it was free for about a month or so when it was released, and there is a fair bit of new content in it.

$22AUD is about €13.50 here. So might be a little on the higher side price-wise (not sure how that translates to other such DLC in terms of AUD pricing) but I would have been happy paying €10 for it anyway.

That said, you don't really need to have played the DLC as a precursor to BL3. The story links aren't all that important and there's a decent time jump between the two so it doesn't directly lead into BL3 either. You wouldn't miss anything important by skipping it, bar
    Sanctuary gets destroyed

6.8gb update today.

• Advertisement

The update is mainly to do with the Bloody Harvest event, but general patch notes and what they're working on for future updates
    https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-10-24-borderlands-3-patch-hotfixes-roadmap-oct-24/

Biggest points to note, most of which coming with the Maliwan Takedown DLC:
    Bank size will be at least doubled
    Dedicated Loot Pools for bosses
    New Mayhem Level 4, with new legendaries that will only drop in Mayhem 4
    New Mayhem modifiers in general
    New vending machines in some maps
    Skippable cutscenes
    Training Dummy on Sanctuary for testing weapons

Reports on Reddit say the UI seems a lot quicker and more stable now too, and you can choose Mayhem modes on TVHM without having to finish TVHM (this was available on PC, but not console).

Happy with all the above anyway, seems promising.

Advertisement