Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

Notes for hotfix this week :
    Addressed a reported concern where The Butcher could occasionally experience excessive recoil

Thats it, no fix for guardian rank perks not working :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Finished my first playthrough a couple nights ago. Ordinarily I would just start up TVHM mode, but Mayhem has me unsure what to do.

I hear Mayhem farmimg on Normal difficulty is the way to go for gearing up, but at the same time I have always hated modifiers/mutators in games so I'm not overly keen. But at the same time if TVHM isn't as efficient as it used to be for farming maybe I should just carry on my Normal playthrough and start working through Mayhem Mode

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

TVHM is a waste of time basically. Go Mayhem 3 or 4

gimli2112 wrote: »
    TVHM is a waste of time basically. Go Mayhem 3 or 4

Cheers Gimli.

Got that impression alright. Mayhem it is.

Not level 50 yet and have a pretty average build atm, guessing Mayhem 3 and 4 are pretty much off limits till max level anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

goon_magee wrote: »
    Cheers Gimli.

Got that impression alright. Mayhem it is.

Not level 50 yet and have a pretty average build atm, guessing Mayhem 3 and 4 are pretty much off limits till max level anyway?

Yea I would start off with Mayhem 1 or 2 and get weapons they drop as my guns from main story were useless for mayhem mode.

We went straight into Mayhem 3 but were way over levelled for the story at the end and there were two of us. We did every side mission, every challenge etc and by the end we were 45 or something. I know another pair that went straight into Mayhem 3 on completion and they got murdered.

Cheers lads. I'll probably go back and start mopping up side quests and challenges on Mayhem 1 and work up from there then so.

The thing is though if you plan on playing with others down the road like the raid for example it's nearly impossible to find games on normal mode at the minute even on M4. Everyone is over on TVHM.

Yeah well the raid is my main concern tbh, and I would be reliant on matchmaking as well. I'll probably progress TVHM as well if thats the case. I thought more people would be playing normal Mayhem 4 for the most part so cheers for the heads up!

• Advertisement

The thing is though if you plan on playing with others down the road like the raid for example it's nearly impossible to find games on normal mode at the minute even on M4. Everyone is over on TVHM.

can't you just flip to TVHM at any point once you complete the game and then matchmake? Wait what am I saying matchmake a Raid with Randoms? A division dev would tell you that can't be done.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    can't you just flip to TVHM at any point once you complete the game and then matchmake? Wait what am I saying matchmake a Raid with Randoms? A division dev would tell you that can't be done.

Yes you can but you can't do the raid or match make it in TVHM unless you've finished the story which is annoying as my Amara hasn't finished it.

So I was giving the TVHM some more thought. Am I right in thinking that TVHM loot chance boosts would stack with MM? I'm currently working through the story on TVHM so I can unlock MM there as well, as I figure the loot drop increases will be even more significant than playing MM on normal difficulty.

I'm also thinking it is probably pointless grinding super hard now anyway as presumably the expansion is going to bump the level cap and make level 50 builds irrelevant.

I'd say get through the story on TVHM and leave side missions for levelling if/when the cap gets increased. Turn on mayhem but if it's slowing you down turn it off. If you need gear matchmake a circle of slaughter on M4 and hoover up all the loot. Plenty of people running it and wrecking it super fast.

Level cap increases will be interesting given some of the Flak and Amara builds there already, Moze suits how I play but she's very second hand end game , well really the raid I guess. With the kind of build I'm using and to make her viable I'd have to spec into a build I wouldn't enjoy playing.

TVHM v Normal loot is marginally better but not enough that it makes a great difference

Patch today https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-12-12-borderlands-3-patch-dec-12/

I see it mentioned on that site too that there is something running up to Christmas and the official twitter account will have codes for stuff every day in the run up to it.

Patch today https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-12-12-borderlands-3-patch-dec-12/

I see it mentioned on that site too that there is something running up to Christmas and the official twitter account will have codes for stuff every day in the run up to it.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-12-12-gift-of-mayhem/

Patch is live now, 1.2GB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

€35 on sale psn. I’m in!!!!

• Advertisement

It's Juliet's Dazzle. Actually didn't have one of those.

EDIT: It's one of the ones from the raid. So a M4 only drop. Nice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

€35 on sale psn. I’m in!!!!

Was thinking of getting it myself.

Was thinking of getting it myself.

I didn’t play a lot of the first two but the bit I did play the gunplay just felt slightly off in comparison to say Destiny. But this one it feels tighter. Graphically beautiful and the story is a bit of craic. I’m only up to lvl 11 and loving it

https://twitter.com/dgSHiFTCodes/status/1206590336027508737?s=19

FYI just follow this twitter account and have notifications on so you will always get the golden keys once they get tweeted

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I didn’t play a lot of the first two but the bit I did play the gunplay just felt slightly off in comparison to say Destiny. But this one it feels tighter. Graphically beautiful and the story is a bit of craic. I’m only up to lvl 11 and loving it

Do you play on your own or with other people?

I'm finding it very difficult to find people endgame on Xbox. Why leave your game open and then quit when someone joins or say nothing. You're lucky to find one person when you match make for M4 raid or anything.

Most of the LGF posts are for people looking for a cutpurse deathless to be duped for people running tediore builds. I tried that one myself and it's not a fun way to play.

Oh well new content this week so that's something.

Do you play on your own or with other people?

Solo about 70% if the time. Only one mate has it so depends if we happen to be online at the same time

• Advertisement

Advertisement