Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You guys got lucky. I tried that and he would teleport behind me without me knowing and sonar shock me and I would try run away and he would teleport to me and sonar shock me again and I would die.

Took me a while but I
    finally figured out to stay in the same room as him and jump the shock
    . Wasn't so bad once I figured that out. Just took me dying many times to realize. :o

I figured out early to jump that attack. He still killed me a whole bunch of times though, possibly more than any other boss actually. Just could not get into the groove with him, especially when he was in the room I'd respawn in. He's a tough prick in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands/comments/d4p3y3/billy_the_anointed_little_trick_for_a_way_easier/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I used the above trick to beat him. Basically you camp on one of the balconies in the previous room and he can never teleport to you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hey all,

Just finished the main campaign. Is that offline glitch still operational where a lot of XP can be gained?

Can a single boss drop multiple legendaries?

Thanks!

sticker wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just finished the main campaign. Is that offline glitch still operational where a lot of XP can be gained?

Can a single boss drop multiple legendaries?

Thanks!

Not sure what glitch you're referring to.

But yeah, bosses can drop multiple legendaries. Odds increase a lot when playing on the harder Mayhem modes. Regularly get 2-4 from Graveward on Mayhem 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

https://www.reddit.com/r/Borderlands/comments/d4p3y3/billy_the_anointed_little_trick_for_a_way_easier/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I used the above trick to beat him. Basically you camp on one of the balconies in the previous room and he can never teleport to you

Never knew that but I never bothered to look up ways to kill him as I wanted to figure it out myself.

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    Not sure what glitch you're referring to.

But yeah, bosses can drop multiple legendaries. Odds increase a lot when playing on the harder Mayhem modes. Regularly get 2-4 from Graveward on Mayhem 3.

Thanks. I heard that the game had a glitch for farming extra XP when offline... Might be wrong. Will try Graveward farming. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

apparently you get *7 xp and better drops offline, i've seen conflicting reports and there's away of bringing this multiplier online, it sounds glitchy and tiresome eg. you turn off your internet at just the right time, log off, log on......

I do find sometimes the xp is huge eg. 60K for an annointed kill rather than 9, not sure what triggers it

Yeah it's still working just make sure you start the game offline so the hotfix isn't applied. XP is 900% I think offline and Graveward drops a hell of a lot more than he should.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    apparently you get *7 xp and better drops offline, i've seen conflicting reports and there's away of bringing this multiplier online, it sounds glitchy and tiresome eg. you turn off your internet at just the right time, log off, log on......

I do find sometimes the xp is huge eg. 60K for an annointed kill rather than 9, not sure what triggers it

It's the mayhem mods, whether or not you get a roll that favours you or them I think affects it.

Yeah it's still working just make sure you start the game offline so the hotfix isn't applied. XP is 900% I think offline and Graveward drops a hell of a lot more than he should.

Wow! Just start in offline or is there more to it? Thanks

• Advertisement

Wow! Just start in offline or is there more to it? Thanks

No simple as that.

No simple as that.

What's needed to be done then? Thanks

What's needed to be done then? Thanks

Ha sorry I should use proper punctuation. I meant no, it's as simple as that set the console offline and launch the game.

Ha sorry I should use proper punctuation. I meant no, it's as simple as that set the console offline and launch the game.

No worries!

Found this... interesting...

https://www.reddit.com/r/borderlands3/comments/d67j3p/900_xp_boost_exploit_guide/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

They actually fixed the negative tokens thing so you don't even need to worry about that. I'm well over guardian rank 200 now.

They actually fixed the negative tokens thing so you don't even need to worry about that. I'm well over guardian rank 200 now.

Wow. You 100% sure? When I go back online no negative tokens? Super!

Wow. You 100% sure? When I go back online no negative tokens? Super!

Yeah mine got fixed from -86 and it's been fine after i've gone back online since.

Yeah mine got fixed from -86 and it's been fine after i've gone back online since.

Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

the two bad guys are the quit possibly the most annoying yokes ever created!
    I find yer man to be worse than your wan.

It's the mayhem mods, whether or not you get a roll that favours you or them I think affects it.

I think that's a rumour I started, doesn't seem to be. Went to Anvil in my game to farm and noticed the xp was up. We were getting 4K xp per normal kill, 20K for bad ass and up to 60K for anointed. Spent 30 minutes farming enemies, legendary drop rate was through the roof.
    Eventually the enemy respawn cooled off and we went to slaughtershaft. Multipliers came with us, modifiers didn't. We had two randoms with us and it got hectic. I got booted and when I logged back all the beauty was gone, back to normal xp and drops.

When I went to Anvil initially I was online but solo when I noticed the nonsense I called in my mate, who was trading online which he quickly forgot about.

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I find yer man to be worse than your wan.

This is my first borderlands game... i love the graphic style and gameplay but loathe the totally uninteresting story and horrific attempt at comedy. If I could skip each cutsence and be none the wiser about the story direction I would have happily done so.

This is my first borderlands game... i love the graphic style and gameplay but loathe the totally uninteresting story and horrific attempt at comedy. If I could skip each cutsence and be none the wiser about the story direction I would have happily done so.

The stories have never been great in the Borderlands games. BL2 was fairly good, and Tales From The Borderlands was probably the best but it was a Telltale game rather than proper Borderlands. The humour can be more miss than hit.

Regardless though, the story in BL3 was just awful, as were the villains. But ultimately, the gameplay in the BL can just be so fun and addictive that it doesn't matter.

Quick question - Can I respec my skill points once I hit level 50? I seem to be locked out of more once i hit 50...

Thanks

Quick question - Can I respec my skill points once I hit level 50? I seem to be locked out of more once i hit 50...

Thanks

you can respec at any point once you have the cash, which I think is 10% of your cash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Thanks

If you've not used it before it's available from the Quick Change station, and yup 10% of your current cash.

I initially thought it went up every time you re-specced and was getting worried about how much it was starting to cost.

Was trying to find a place to hide from the enemies on slaughtershaft and fell through the map. -$4M. Earlier got booted from the game -$4m. I'd easily have maxed out on cash but for this kind of bs and rebuilding my character everytime I logged on, until recently.

Theres a nice reason to respec your character a few times at the start of a session ;)

Hotfix notes:
    Amara

We addressed a concern that Alacrity was only rewarding players one point worth of bonuses even if the player put in more than one point. In addition, we wanted Phasegrasp to be more accessible to all weapon types and play styles, so we doubled the range to grasp an enemy.

Putting points into Alacrity now awards a reload speed bonus per rank

Phasegrasp can now be used on targets further away and the cooldown is now instantly returned if a player misses

Moze

The Bloodletter class mod was creating some overwhelming synergies for Moze so we increased the delay and decreased the recharge rate of the shield to compensate. This should help encourage the intended use of this class mod, which is to heal shields manually, not automatically. Means of Destruction*’s re-trigger delay was adjusted again because the change limited other builds beyond creating infinite grenades. The infinite grenade bug will be addressed in a future patch but we wanted to enable other builds that use* Means of Destruction so we dramatically reduced the re-trigger delay to a reasonable number.

Bloodletter Class Mod- Increased the Recharge Delay by 150%- Reduced the Recharge Rate by 50%

Addressed a reported bug with Close the Distance so the Action Skill Augment will now deal the intended Shock Damage

Means of Destruction now has a re-trigger delay of 0.3 seconds

FL4K

The Leave No Trace change last week to FL4K was to forcefully inject the functionality of a cooldown into the ability. However, the value that was added was never the intended the value. We dramatically lowered it to retain the promise of the ability but with a cooldown that still allows players to gain ammo without dramatically removing a core aspect of a weapon’s gameplay loop.

Leave No Trace now has a re-trigger delay set to 0.3 seconds

Zane

Death Follows Close will correctly update several Kill Skills after unlocking this ability

Weapon Hotfixes
    The Lob's projectile tick damage is now 60% of base damage (up from 20%) and projectile speed decelerates faster to increase chances of hitting the same target multiple times

Creeping Death damage increased by 200%

Carrier damage increased by 60%

Gunerang damage increased by 20%

All Sniper Rifle Zoom Levels have been slightly reduced

Long scopes on Jakobs, Children of the Vault, and DAHL Assault Rifles have also been slightly reduced

Anointed Parts:- When Zane swaps positions with his Digi-Clone, the damage gained is increased to 130% (up from 75%)- When FL4K hits a target with Rakks, the target now takes 100% increased damage (up from 50%)- The Anointed part "Increased damage vs Badasses" no longer heals the player and now correctly adds bonus damage to Badass enemies

Bug Fixes
    Pain, Terror, and Agonizer 9000 have been adjusted to have an increased chance to drop higher quality loot

Addressed a reported bug with Dynasty Diner that could potentially halt mission progress for some players

Addressed a reported concern that some players fell through the floors in various boss arenas

Modified enemy spawn level discrepancies reported in the later parts of the campaign

more scrambling to counter the fact Amara is a god among vault hunters :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies today - much appreciated!

Anyone else really frustrated with the loot management? I'm at endgame and farming for legenderies. Very little space and I'm dumping so much - hard to knwo wahts god and not...

Really bad game infrastructureon that side :(

I'm farming the end boss that shakes the player ground (not sure of his name!) But none of my weapns seem to touch him...

Advertisement