Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

Seems interesting enough some of the challenges are a big grindy. I had to quit out and check I was on TVHM there as I was mincing stuff even on M3.

Someone on my friends list sent me a Westergun and it's unreal in cryo mode even on armor.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just went to finally try the DLC in BL2 that was the prequel to this and they're now charging $22 aud for it.

Talk about a kick in the nuts. Doesn't really make me want to buy 3 now gearbox.

I played it for free on PC and then started a new playthrough of 2 and all DLC on Xbox and got to the Commander Lilith and fight for Sanctuary and just paid for it as I wanted the achievements.

I know you see the price and think damn but you would spend that much on stupid things anyway but at least you get some enjoyment from the DLC, that's the way I look at it when buying games.

One of the better boss rights in the game in terms of how it works and the arena but you can't farm him as easily as others, you have go through the loop of killing 25 ghosts to get access to the heck hole each time.

The gear does have some cool buffs that work with the terror status but I assume it's going to be worthless outside of this event so it means the boss unless he has a unique drop that isn't terror anointed then he isn't worth the effort.

Just finished Borderlands 3 and started doing side missions in mayhem mode, I'm starting to question that. It sure is mayhem enemies are above my level and I feel my guns are under powered. I had no trouble in main story except for that anointed Billy in the Jackcobs mansion the rest was a breeze but I think doing the side missions in mayhem mode was a mistake. I will give it a go tomorrow when I'm fresh as I was playing for a few hours today finishing the main story so I'm a bit burnt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Just finished Borderlands 3 and started doing side missions in mayhem mode, I'm starting to question that. It sure is mayhem enemies are above my level and I feel my guns are under powered. I had no trouble in main story except for that anointed Billy in the Jackcobs mansion the rest was a breeze but I think doing the side missions in mayhem mode was a mistake. I will give it a go tomorrow when I'm fresh as I was playing for a few hours today finishing the main story so I'm a bit burnt out.

Make sure to check what the random modifiers are per session (they change). Some weapons might be debuffed, enemy resistances buffed for them etc. that can add up to 70% or so damage reduction on certain types. Some modifier combinations are a lot harder than others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just wondering how far I am into the main story now? I'm
    just after freeing Sir Hammerlock

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Just wondering how far I am into the main story now? I'm
    just after freeing Sir Hammerlock

You are about 35%

It tells you on one of the screens, there is quite a lot left.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You are about 35%

It tells you on one of the screens, there is quite a lot left.

Ok cheers I'm just not getting enough time to fecking play the thing so it feels like I'm making no progress.

It'll tell you what chapter you are on, on the title screen. There are 23.

It'll tell you what chapter you are on, on the title screen. There are 23.

I'm on chapter 12 so half way through them then.

The last boss I fought took quite a while. He was level 27 (I think) and I was only 25. Thought I had him a few times and he just got bigger :pac:

• Advertisement

You probably need to be doing the side missions then, at that point in the game you should be easily able to keep up with enemy levels. Majority of the xp comes from missions and the crew challenges.

You probably need to be doing the side missions then, at that point in the game you should be easily able to keep up with enemy levels. Majority of the xp comes from missions and the crew challenges.

I've been doing the crew ones if they are find Claptrap parts, radios and yellow information boxes.

Also did a few mini bosses that have a icon on the map that are crossed swords.

Yeah thats them, also don't do the final ones until you hit 50. Especially Zero's one. You want a level 50
    Lyuda

Yeah thats them, also don't do the final ones until you hit 50. Especially Zero's one. You want a level 50
    Lyuda

I've done some Zero stuff. Got a gold SMG from one of them and fought two Tinks with jet packs in a prison in another.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Golden Key code that expires on Sunday

KZK3T-K6RSJ-ZWTCK-JTJ3T-T3HJJ

Well played a bit today still in Mayhem mode and it's not actually that bad. As I said above I was burnt out from playing a few hours that day.

In mayhem mode they actually drop pretty good weapons so I started using them rather than my ol' reliables from main story.

What is with those
    skulls that are ghosts
    in mayhem mode after you kill someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What is with those
    skulls that are ghosts
    in mayhem mode after you kill someone?

It's part of the event that's going on until November. Collect 25 and it opens up a new area, opposite Tanis' lab, and there's a fairly easy boss battle. Only thing is you have to kill him 25 times which is a chore, to get the final unlock

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's part of the event that's going on until November. Collect 25 and it opens up a new area, opposite Tanis' lab, and there's a fairly easy boss battle. Only thing is you have to kill him 25 times which is a chore, to get the final unlock

How do you collect them? By killing them or walking into them?

yeah killing them before they hit you

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

How do you collect them? By killing them or walking into them?

Think you've to accept the mission from Maurice on Sanctuary before you can start collecting them. Once you kill a ghost before it hits you, it'll drop something for you to collect.

• Advertisement

You have to take the quest from the dinosaur on Sanctuary for their 'hecktoplasm' to drop

The change to Mayhem Modifiers and Anointed drop rates as part of last week's anniversary event are being made permanent and won't revert back to what they were before last week

Hmmm so mayhem 4 will be what 3 used to be I suspect. I actually liked to see that 30% chance to reflect back at you one at times. It was nice if running a transformer and a shock weapon.

This game has really come into it's own for me. To be honest I thought the game was a let down compared to the previous but I am really enjoying it now. I've clocked about 50 hours so far and there is tonnes still left to do.

Hmmm so mayhem 4 will be what 3 used to be I suspect. I actually liked to see that 30% chance to reflect back at you one at times. It was nice if running a transformer and a shock weapon.

the only issue I ever had with that was with the Lyuda, which could instakill me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Shift code for 4 halloween heads
    K9W3T-BJZ59-B9SHB-6B3JT-T9CFF

Some decent changes in the hotfix this week

Increased Captain Haunt's chance to drop legendary gear
    Increased Captain Haunt's shields
    The Hecktoplasm drop rate from Ghosts has been increased
    - Ghosts drop 2 Hecktoplasm
    - Badass Ghosts drop 3 Hecktoplasm
    - Loot Ghosts drop 5 Hecktoplasm
    Loot Ghosts now drop more loot
    Loot Ghosts have an increased the chance of dropping Bloody Harvest specific legendary gear

The chance for Terror anointed parts to drop from regular enemies has been decreased.
    The chance for Terror anointed parts to drop from Bloody Harvest enemies has been increased.

Anointed enemies are no longer immune to Cryo damage.
    Note: Although they can be slowed by Cryo damage, they cannot be frozen.

Explosions created by enemy Badass' weapons have a much quicker explosion effect to reduce screen clutter
    We found that Badass enemies with heavy weapons were creating too many explosion effects that lingered on the screen, hindering the player's view at times. We are going to make a larger change to their weapons in the patch but wanted to shorten the explosion particle effect to dramatically lower screen clutter.

I'm still taking a break from BL3 probably until the Maliwan DLC, but still, some nice changes made there

bit of a kick in the face for those of us who have already grinded through killing him 25 times
    I mean it's fine but I have all this anger and no-one to unleash it upon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Only bought this the other day and hoping to play it over the weekend. Silly question. Can I avoid this Bloody Harvest thing I've been reading about having an effect on a first play through?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Culchie_85

mewso wrote: »
    Only bought this the other day and hoping to play it over the weekend. Silly question. Can I avoid this Bloody Harvest thing I've been reading about having an effect on a first play through?

Yes you can, it is optional. You have to collect certain items before the quest is unlocked so just ignore it.

Advertisement