Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Penn wrote: »
    Pretty big health pool really, especially dependent on your weapons/gear/abilities at that stage. I wouldn't say it took me that long, but I did go through a lot of ammo.

I was level 23. Went down twice but got last stand so didn't actually die. Used all my AR, Pistol, Rockets, Grenades, and Sniper ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Penn

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I was level 23. Went down twice but got last stand so didn't actually die. Used all my AR, Pistol, Rockets, Grenades, and Sniper ammo.

Yeah I think I was down to my sniper ammo at that stage too, and it was a fairly standard sniper rifle. Think I killed one of the adds and got a bit of shotgun ammo at the end to finish him off.

The next Vault monster was worse. Almost nothing I had was putting a dent in him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yeah I think I was down to my sniper ammo at that stage too, and it was a fairly standard sniper rifle. Think I killed one of the adds and got a bit of shotgun ammo at the end to finish him off.

The next Vault monster was worse. Almost nothing I had was putting a dent in him at all.

Mine is one that Dcully dropped for me. It's a gold one that has fire damage but little explosives drop down on the enemy you shoot. It's a monster.

Edit: it's called Firestorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Did Slaughtershaft a few more times yesterday. Might make this my new farming method rather than Graveward. Don't get as many legendaries as I would with Graveward in the same time, but Graveward is just pretty boring at this stage. At least Slaughtershaft is a decent challenge.

Slaughtershaft is the best for farming legendries but there is a loot pool. I see very few (some) mods dropping in it for example. I boot up the game offline, load the character in and then switch it back online and invite my buddy. If I leave the group open randoms don't seem to join. They join on other activities but not on that it seems. XP and drops are insane although I believe they are patching this out.
    2 randoms joined an open world run yesterday and I saw one of them go to level 37. Went to a proving ground and he went from around there to level 50 by the time we completed that one run.

We then brought them to a slaughtershaft and the two randoms died in 30 seconds. TBH it was hard and my buddy went down in round 3. I intentionally killed myself but really was doing something that was ineviteable. If you're doing that with 4 on Mayhem 3 with the offline/online thingy you either need decent modifiers, no passengers or be seriously good/lucky.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Slaughtershaft is the best for farming legendries but there is a loot pool. I see very few (some) mods dropping in it for example. I boot up the game offline, load the character in and then switch it back online and invite my buddy. If I leave the group open randoms don't seem to join. They join on other activities but not on that it seems. XP and drops are insane although I believe they are patching this out.
    2 randoms joined an open world run yesterday and I saw one of them go to level 37. Went to a proving ground and he went from around there to level 50 by the time we completed that one run.

Yeah I am seeing a few repeat drops of the same guns alright, especially snipers and shotguns.

All I really want at this stage is a Lucian's Call.

• Advertisement

Mine is one that Dcully dropped for me. It's a gold one that has fire damage but little explosives drop down on the enemy you shoot. It's a monster.

Edit: it's called Firestorm.

Think I had one of those at some point alright, but rarely use sniper rifles at all. I got rid of it once I was enough levels higher than it that it wasn't much use to me at that stage. Replaced it with a purple sniper rifle with better damage (always try to keep at least one of each type of weapon with me in case I'm running out of ammo on a boss).

The Lyuda sniper rifle is pretty much the only sniper I keep with me at this stage, even though so many of the legendary drops I get are sniper rifles. It's ridiculous how often they drop considering their use is so limited.

Yeah I am seeing a few repeat drops of the same guns alright, especially snipers and shotguns.

All I really want at this stage is a Lucian's Call.

Farm Dinklebot on normal with no mayhem mods there's a spawn point just through the doors to the left after him so trigger that fill up on the loot-o-grams and head back on tvhm or mayhem mods back on and see if Earl with drop you one.

I got 2 of my 3 in the 2 chests while farming the force troops for coms. Could be just my imagination but those chests had a lot of Jacobs stuff in them, so from the spawn at atlas hq out into the court yard, immediate left and open the chest at the end, jump up the wall run down to the end where the troops spawn and open the other one.

The chests at Atlas HQ have ludicrously high legendary drops it seems.

I have 4 Lucien's calls @ 621 gear score in Fire, shock, corrosive and cryo. I don't think I have the radiation one but probably do. The only AR I've used the past week is the double penetrating lazer-explody one. It's a torque gun. I have it in corrosive and another dropped in corrosive but they're the only two I've found. I've a couple in shock but they're not DP. None of them are anointed. Every time I think this I get a little sad.

The dictator looks nasty but I've only found it as a non-elemental. there's one called the cleric which is fun it's a semi auto that fires off sticky bullets.

Farm Dinklebot on normal with no mayhem mods there's a spawn point just through the doors to the left after him so trigger that fill up on the loot-o-grams and head back on tvhm or mayhem mods back on and see if Earl with drop you one.

I got 2 of my 3 in the 2 chests while farming the force troops for coms. Could be just my imagination but those chests had a lot of Jacobs stuff in them, so from the spawn at atlas hq out into the court yard, immediate left and open the chest at the end, jump up the wall run down to the end where the troops spawn and open the other one.

Decided to try Dinklebot a week or two ago. He spawned first time, got one loot-o-gram. Didn't appear the next 5 times so I took the one Loot-o-gram to Earl, and he spat out a white Atlas pistol, so I said f*ck that. Then again, that was Mayhem 3 so I was putting myself through unnecessary hardship now that you point it out. Forgot about that.

Could try the Force Troops too I suppose. Did that run on Saturday as they were one of the rare spawn missions on the board in Sanctuary and I'd never seen them before. Decided to complete the Typhon chest and give Katagawa Jr a run while I was there. Between 3 legendaries from Badasses outside the HQ (where the turrets are), 2 legendaries after the Katagawa fight in the chest, and 5 legendaries from Katagawa himself (which was a very quick fight too), Atlas HQ can be a decent farm run itself as a whole.

The chests at Atlas HQ have ludicrously high legendary drops it seems.

I have 4 Lucien's calls @ 621 gear score in Fire, shock, corrosive and cryo. I don't think I have the radiation one but probably do. The only AR I've used the past week is the double penetrating lazer-explody one. It's a torque gun. I have it in corrosive and another dropped in corrosive but they're the only two I've found. I've a couple in shock but they're not DP. None of them are anointed. Every time I think this I get a little sad.

The dictator looks nasty but I've only found it as a non-elemental. there's one called the cleric which is fun it's a semi auto that fires off sticky bullets.

Yeah picked up a dictator too. Haven't used it in battle, only testing.

One gun that's really surprised me is the Hellwalker shotgun. Some kick to it, sends lads flying. Very quick reload and a magazine size buff gives me 3 shots instead of 2, so can do some very quick and high damage with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Killed the big guy that came out of the first vault I opened last night. It took about 20 minutes which seem an awful long time. Did I miss a trick with him or does he just have a really large health pool?
    Pretty big health pool really, especially dependent on your weapons/gear/abilities at that stage. I wouldn't say it took me that long, but I did go through a lot of ammo.
    he was a mare, I was around the same level as him and died a few times, he was just doing too much damage and early-mid level Amara wasn't strong enough. End game Amara is different, oh boy you don't want to mess with end game Amara.
    Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I don't think that chap had a shield from what I remember. Also took ages to kill him myself.

I didn't think he was that bad certainly didn't take me 20 mins to kill him. I found your man worse the special power Goliath(sorry cannot remember his name).

I didn't think he was that bad certainly didn't take me 20 mins to kill him. I found your man worse the special power Goliath(sorry cannot remember his name).

Billy. Yeah he killed me more than any boss in the game. That f*cker hits hard and hits fast.

Yeah picked up a dictator too. Haven't used it in battle, only testing.

One gun that's really surprised me is the Hellwalker shotgun. Some kick to it, sends lads flying. Very quick reload and a magazine size buff gives me 3 shots instead of 2, so can do some very quick and high damage with it.

they're nerfing it along with the Lyuda next patch apparently.

they're nerfing it along with the Lyuda next patch apparently.

Damn. Back to the Conference Call I guess :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I didn't think he was that bad certainly didn't take me 20 mins to kill him.
    In my defence I should have used higher level weapons that would have made the task easier and quicker. I have a habit of not getting better guns when I level up only to pay the price down the line.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-10-14-borderlands-3-show-me-the-eridium/?email_address=&timestamp=1571068896&user_id=128172483&username=3f2fff60754b8758a545662783f59152f7f8abf37aff75977a5e2d3b54559f46&verified=1&sig=d2503bae98c947441146e9e441cacc51

Next Week's event is just increased Eridium drops from enemies and discounted Eridium gear (and Moxxi's eridium slot machine cheaper too).

I have over 4k Eridium and nothing really interesting to spend it on as the anointed gear is mostly redundant compared to most legendaries (and anointed legendaries) and I bought any cosmetics I want.

Hopefully with later DLC they come up with new things to spend eridium on. I was going to suggest further SDUs but even then I also have about 40m cash so could probably easily afford any of those for cash either.

The week after seems to be mostly some special Twitch-related event, so I doubt I'll get anything of value out of that week either.

Yeah I've over 11k already, and unless they gave Earl legendary anointed inventory theres nothing to for me to really spend it on.

The best looking levels are in the jungles of eden 6 imo.

Decided to run my level 50 alt Zane thats never played the game only carries my nades to level an Amara on my main account and breeze through the story.

In an hour it really hammered home how utterly useless Moze's action skill is end game and as a result anointed gear for her.

The reason I'm levelling a new character in the first place. Just think she's very poorly thought out and how she made it into the game with some of the problems she has is a mystery like not being able to deploy Iron Bear in tight spaces ???? That had to have come up on the first day of testing. Not sure how they can fix this, give IB her guns????? IB definitely needs to be less squishy end game for a start.

big problem with Moze imo is if you can't use her action skill in end game it takes away the fun. it's also a big part of what makes Amara and Flack so powerful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Possibly silly question... if I farm the loot Tinks is the quality of loot different to Graveward?

sticker wrote: »
    Possibly silly question... if I farm the loot Tinks is the quality of loot different to Graveward?

Should be mostly the same. Graveward has a few specific drops unique to him, but the rest should be fairly comparable and the same increased chance to drop legendaries from the pool of random loot drops.

I'm not sure how to farm loot tinks.I was just killing them and looting their backpack but yesterday noticed they were running about dropping legendries before I killed them. I don't think the quality is different but they likely have a different loot pool.

All I want for Christmas is a phasezerker mod with +31% SMG and +25% gun damage

I tried for a god roll on the coms during the event, probably more than I should have and the best I got was +18% crit and 31% sniper great for graveward but a different weapon would have been more usable, generic weapon damage the best .

I'm not sure how to farm loot tinks.I was just killing them and looting their backpack but yesterday noticed they were running about dropping legendries before I killed them. I don't think the quality is different but they likely have a different loot pool.

All I want for Christmas is a phasezerker mod with +31% SMG and +25% gun damage

Most of the Phasezerkers I get are 10% (manufacturer) damage and charge rate time or whatever. Do have one with 25% Action Skill Cooldown though.

Most of the Phasezerkers I get are 10% (manufacturer) damage and charge rate time or whatever. Do have one with 25% Action Skill Cooldown though.

The one I have at the moment has 31% AR damage, 25% Gun Damage and Action Skill cooldown. It's awesome but the SMG one is the one I crave

Farmed Dinklebot a bunch last night (on Normal mode without Mayhem, so thanks for that tip, definitely made it a lot quicker and easier). Out of about 15 loot-o-grams though, 14 whites, and one legendary anointed gunner shotgun (not a great one though).

Might do it for another while, but I think I might be better off spending the time with Graveward instead in the hopes of getting the Lucian's Call.

What's your PSN and what Lucian's Cal do you want. If I have it I'll mail it to you.

What's your PSN and what Lucian's Cal do you want. If I have it I'll mail it to you.

harleybill. I'll take whatever one you have going spare mate, not fussy. Cheers. Happy to return the favour if I find a good Phasezerker mod for you :D

• Advertisement

What's with the long Claptrap loading screen at the beginning anyone know?

Advertisement