Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

Did you do it on mayhem? It's made so much harder by the cryo launchers among others obscuring your view.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah mayhem 3 Amara knows no fear

I expect it would be considerably harder in a group

• Registered Users Posts: 33,384 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I suppose one good feature to offset how many legendaries you can collect is how I just opened my bank to put a few new legendaries in...

1303-and-itsgone.jpg

Over 40 legendaries... gone with a click of the fingers...

Even Thanos would have left me half of them!

they were supposed to patch that today - do you have a save in the cloud?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    they were supposed to patch that today - do you have a save in the cloud?

Nah, it's overridden now anyway I'd say. Not too fussed, most I wouldn't have been using anyway, already picked my favourites. At least I have a reason to keep farming :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Does anybody notice pop in during cutscenes ?

Am playing on ps4 pro in performance mode? Is there any talk of fixing the perfomance issues on consoles or we just shtuck with it?

I wonder will they enable crossplay on this now Sony are on board with the concept?

just solo'd the slaughtershaft had nice enough modifiers, still can't believe it
    went down a few times, wasn't too bad tbh despite my best efforts to screw it up

Tried Slaughterstar for the first time last night myself on Mayhem 3. I had decent enough modifiers too but that last round destroyed me with all the wardogs and bots. Had very little difficulty in the first four rounds hard as they were, but I think the third wave on round 5... nah. Need proper consideration for gear in order to do that, my loadout just wasn't cutting it and I ran out of ammo. Really enjoyed it though, biggest challenge in the game so far but when your gear and strategy are working it feels incredible.

you absolutely must have wild arms for slaughtershaft. It's not something you need anywhere else but I have 5/5 in it, too many rocket launchers. you might get away with less but I don't see any better value putting a point or two elsewhere.

The one I did in a group ,it wasn't that one but slaughter something else, was far worse. The last round was bedlam.

I think slaughtershaft is the hardest though although I haven't gone past round 4 in slaughterhouse 3000 I wasn't having much difficulty and then the dogs. I've only tried it once. yeah re-reading your post maybe slaughterhouse is the hardest.

you absolutely must have wild arms for slaughtershaft. It's not something you need anywhere else but I have 5/5 in it, too many rocket launchers. you might get away with less but I don't see any better value putting a point or two elsewhere.

The one I did in a group ,it wasn't that one but slaughter something else, was far worse. The last round was bedlam.

I think slaughtershaft is the hardest though although I haven't gone past round 4 in slaughterhouse 3000 I wasn't having much difficulty and then the dogs. I've only tried it once. yeah re-reading your post maybe slaughterhouse is the hardest.

Slaughterstar is the first one I've really tried. Found the Cistern of Slaughter but gave up after one round as I'd kinda just wandered into it by accident.

I nearly think a melee build might be the best option for it. I was doing a good chunk of my damage with melee (+40% from my gun), but that was without any skills properly boosting my melee attack. An AAA gun to drop their shield then melee and run.

I wish you could save a few different builds, even if you had to swap between them and still pay for doing it at the Quick Change machine.

• Advertisement

I may build a Punchy Amara and Mystical Amara to go with my main character.

I don't know if I have slaughterstar unlocked. I have the Cistern, the shaft and the house. Where's the star one at?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I may build a Punchy Amara and Mystical Amara to go with my main character.

I don't know if I have slaughterstar unlocked. I have the Cistern, the shaft and the house. Where's the star one at?

you unlock the mission for it in Nekrotafeyo. You then have to navigate to the map from Sanctuary

I realise my mistake is that I'm calling it slaughterhouse when it's actually shlughterstar

Last few pieces of gear I wanted dropped from GenIVIV 2 Hex grenades and the front loader shield. Going to try the front loader / grave combo on Moze later.

Need to be careful about shock damage with that setup though, also can't find exactly what the increase in damage actually is for the grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That boss on space laser tag mission. Some sort of a
    death star was pretty easy due to hiding places. If there was no where to hide you'd be dead in seconds.

Was harder before the patch yesterday. You had to contend with the shield regenerating while you dealt with the adds.

Was harder before the patch yesterday. You had to contend with the shield regenerating while you dealt with the adds.

Really. It was worth my while not playing the game so. :D

Not so much by nerfing the Jacobs pistols. :mad:

Just did about 7 boss runs and got two legendries, one was a skin I already had. I've come downstairs for a coffee and to think about my life.

I've been looking and comparing anointed stuff with the same gun without it and the anointed stuff really isn't worth it. 9/10 the base damage is lower on the anointed stuff and seeing as I rarely use Moze's action skill I never see the benefits.

So I eventually got a different, I won't say better COM, current had +24% Mag capacity, new one gave me more in thin red line so I can get to 1 health with that alone which gives me options in shields and relics, it also gives +18% crit damage and +31% sniper damage. I slotted a +25% weapon damage purple relic and went to see the Graveward, the floor didn't even get a chance to tilt he was dead as I landed :pac:

Forgot to look at the mayhem mods, I'd say I had a favourable set.

Getting to grips with this game now. I know in previous posts in this thread I was talking about graphics or what not but it is actually a good looking game but the lack of vending machines is atrocious. I keep having to leave loot behind. A few posts back I mentioned this and I thought it was just that level but no it is in more also. Even in the past games before you went into fight a boss there was vending machines. Not the case any more it seems, well in the levels I have played so far.

• Advertisement

played with a friend today and slaughtered the slaughtershaft and the slaughterstar, slaughtered I tell ya.
    I got zero legendaries from the latter because I've obviously been horrible in a previous life.

Did you make the mistake I did and forget to loot the chest in slaughterstar 3000? Was only when I was out the door I remembered.

Wasn't expecting the final wave to be what it was.

I was farming Killvolt earlier, dropped in and oh look 2 anointed with him, the really annoying ones :mad:

chest?

Theres a chest in each of the circles of slaughter you can open at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,922 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

chest?

This is such a Gimli thing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,922 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://bl3zone.com/builds

This website was posted on Reddit earlier. Seems a good resource for different build options.

Is the relic for increasing your luck substantially broken? I was getting maybe 2 legendaries each time from Graveward before switching to it. Out of 4 kills with it, I got 0, 0, 3, 0.

Also, weird question, but are there any incendiary assault rifles in the game? I've been on the lookout for one (not even a legendary, just a normal one) and haven't found any.

I'd treat it like an item of it's kind in any other game, and this games previous iterations and assume it only boosts the chances of blue loot dropping. There was a Moxxi artifact in the last game that did the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

I've had several fire ARs - Vladof or COV mainly. Currently have a cortosion Lucian's Call (Legendary but can be incendiary)

https://borderlands.fandom.com/wiki/Lucian%27s_Call

My current fird AR is a Torgue epic named Double-Penetrating Promiscuous Blister. Hard to miss as the front looks like a bio slug with three jaws. Techically an AR but in reakity its a flame thrower.

• Advertisement

yeah there's fire ARs I have a Rowan's & Lucien's Calls in fire

Advertisement